E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 11-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #221
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
Drink in moderation, enjoy a few drinks and relax. Use your judgement… You don't need to go out and get **** faced to enjoy life.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #222
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
This, I enjoy doing nothing's every now and then, but I'm not going to sacrifice my life to try and get a six pack, I'd rather drink a six pack.

Like I said, don't set yourself up fur later regrets.
exactly. IMO unless you're guaranteed to get paid to have the best possible body you can have it's not worth it.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:08 PM   #223
kushy

My Ride: automatic m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
Drink in moderation, enjoy a few drinks and relax. Use your judgement… You don't need to go out and get **** faced to enjoy life.
yes I do!
kushy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:09 PM   #224
Trashcan

My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: The ideal physique thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
exactly. IMO unless you're guaranteed to get paid to have the best possible body you can have it's not worth it.
You're never guaranteed anything. With a mindset like the the opportunities with never present themselves
Trashcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 12:22 PM   #225
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
You're never guaranteed anything. With a mindset like the the opportunities with never present themselves
That's exactly my point. I'm not giving up my social life for something that isn't guaranteed. I want to enjoy life and going out and socializing with friends is the most important thing to me. This usually involves drinking. If someone doesn't want to hang out and would rather look good shirtless that's on them. Like BG said, I'm not missing out on a life I can enjoy because I want to look slightly better.

Last edited by DylloS; 11-11-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:06 PM   #226
Trashcan

I'm not saying my social life has been completely thrown aside. I do go out and drink like once a month, i see friends every weekend and i have a good time, but my social life is definitely structured differently than the average 21 year old, or really any average person. I take great pride in what i do and enjoy it more than i enjoyed the party life in recent years. I got years of heavy partying in already. Been there done that, i know what I'm missing and it doesn't bother me much.
Old 11-12-2013, 12:56 AM   #227
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Do what makes you feel happy, accomplished, and content. Don't fall for peer pressure. People just want to feel normal by seeing other people doing the same stupid $hit they do, if partying and drinking are not your thing, who cares. Most people are dumb. Listen to yourself, forget about people.

I was like that around your age, 10 years later my friends that were big into drinking and partying are way behind me money and career-wise. Most people look like $hit because they always eat/drink and rarely work out. No wonder one in three Americans now is obese.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #228
Trashcan

I thought you were my age... Lol.

That's exactly how I've been living my life the last couple years. Plenty of people continue to tell me how wrong my choice is and how it's not natural and blah, blah, blah.

The people i continue to meet as i get deeper and deeper into this lifestyle are a million times better than the people that i met partying and doing other things. I know this is where i fit, it's my passion in life and i wouldn't change my "boring and routine" lifestyle for anything in the world.

I live a pretty glamour free life but i find joy in breaking my records, maintaining extremely strict standards, exercising my will power, and constantly progressing, not only physically but also mentally and emotionally.
Old 11-12-2013, 07:58 AM   #229
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
I thought you were my age... Lol.

That's exactly how I've been living my life the last couple years. Plenty of people continue to tell me how wrong my choice is and how it's not natural and blah, blah, blah.

The people i continue to meet as i get deeper and deeper into this lifestyle are a million times better than the people that i met partying and doing other things. I know this is where i fit, it's my passion in life and i wouldn't change my "boring and routine" lifestyle for anything in the world.

I live a pretty glamour free life but i find joy in breaking my records, maintaining extremely strict standards, exercising my will power, and constantly progressing, not only physically but also mentally and emotionally.
lol at it not being natural. You eat pounds of meat and lift heavy things. You're doing exactly what your body is made for. Man you guys are making me feel guilty about drinking. I need another gf so I can just have a few glasses of wine and don't feel the need to get hammered lol.
Old 11-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #230
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3

Being single basically means drinking and partying become a big part of your life, at least I've found. In a serious relationship your options are much more healthy. For the average person anyways. I found my drinking was almost as bad even when I was in a relationship... It's what I like to do with my weekends. That'll change once I actually settle down but for now I'm just enjoying life. Can only imagine the gains, body, and bank account I'd have if I didn't though lol.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #231
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I party and have fun all the time, does not mean you have to drink. For some people drinking and partying have go together, but they don't have to. I would take blazing over drinking any day of the week. I'm not into either now. Pvssy is where it's at lol
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote