E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-14-2011, 06:12 AM   #241
2003E46M3

My Ride: 2003 E46 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayogpradhan View Post

I live in Vancouver bc , today it snowed. I have normal m+s tires 19" everything was fine till I got home, my car got stuck.... And my abs, tire, dsc, hand break, and smg light on my m3 went on! =[ and when I got it into garage , I tried turning the car off and on. But the smg and abs light and dsc stays on. And when I go into gear. Starts at 5 goes to 3,2 and then 1... Any help apreciated! Thank you in advance.
Same lights came on for me after, uh... a few snow doughnuts in the mall parking lot. Don't judge me! However, after a night of nearly pooing myself from nerves that I fudged up my new baby, all the lights were mysteriously gone the next morning. Crisis averted! I took it to a local shop just in case and he said it had to have been the extremely cold weather or I just put a lot of stress on it from the drive since its not really the best winter car. Perhaps I should get a more in-depth look, as should you. Just in case right? Unless someone who's also had this issue has some feedback.

Last edited by 2003E46M3; 01-14-2011 at 06:14 AM.
2003E46M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #242
bankE46

My Ride: 2002 M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003E46M3 View Post
Jesus @bank, that's a nice amount of snow. We got 3-4 inches in Colorado Springs a week or so back and since mine is my DD, I had to drive her. DSC on and mostly puttered around in 2nd gear since everyone drives so incredibly slow even whe it rains here. Made it through okay. Had one scary black ice incident... apparently Colorado is so poor now, we only plow if there's five inches or over.
Yea, that has to be most snow we've gotten from a single storm in years. Great chance to test out the new snow tires! It's my first winter in the M so I was a bit hesitant, but having grown up driving sideways in a WRX all winter I was pretty excited as well.
bankE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 04:31 PM   #243
EndlessAP1

My Ride: e92 M3, e70 X5, TL
Quote:
Originally Posted by bankE46 View Post
Dug mine out this morning after a good 27" fell yesterday. I've got 17"x7.5 w/Dunlop Graspic DS-2's all around and its been driving wonderfully, even in road conditions with 8"+ of snow!

Nice Bank. In 2008 it was about that bad here. I drove mine with Volks and all weather tires with a 3 inch drop and I was fine 60 out of 65 days. The other 5 days I couldn't drive due to ice.
EndlessAP1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #244
seca46style

My Ride: R.I.P lsb m3
ALL THE TIME!!! it actaully does move and ahh i love drifting
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06e46m3 View Post
so i added her on fb and she accepts because i am popular

seca46style is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 06:25 PM   #245
ayogpradhan

My Ride: E46 M3&MKIV TT Supra
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2003E46M3 View Post
Same lights came on for me after, uh... a few snow doughnuts in the mall parking lot. Don't judge me! However, after a night of nearly pooing myself from nerves that I fudged up my new baby, all the lights were mysteriously gone the next morning. Crisis averted! I took it to a local shop just in case and he said it had to have been the extremely cold weather or I just put a lot of stress on it from the drive since its not really the best winter car. Perhaps I should get a more in-depth look, as should you. Just in case right? Unless someone who's also had this issue has some feedback.
I did not drive it for one day, lifted the car in my garage and checked everything. No problem. Still the smg abs and dsc lights were on. So I called dealership and asked . They suggested I tow it. So I told them I would give them a call next day. That's same day the snow had melted, I wanted to take it around block and get some gas. While driving abs and dsc goes off and next the smg light goes off . And now it's back to perfect. Could have been the steering angle sensor or you might have had rock stuck in the brakes or wheels! Stay safe just enough to enjoy your car
ayogpradhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:16 AM   #246
KingBee

My Ride: IR '03 M3
I've done it and it's absolute hell...never do it unless you absolutely have to...and even then be super careful.

AA exhaust, PSS10, TMS sways, 5mm rear spacers, more to come!
KingBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #247
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Winter driving is all about the tires. If you think winter driving is hell, you probably weren't on the right tires.
Old 11-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #248
morningisbad

My Ride: E46 M3 Vert
Yup, but I have a short commute with no traffic. I keep the DSC on the majority of the time, but for any slower hills I turn it off so I can do what I please with the throttle. If you drive it responsibly it won't fishtail constantly, but as soon as you click that dsc off and give it a little, prepare for good times
Old 11-13-2013, 06:54 PM   #249
ChevDog1

My Ride: 2002 E46 M3 Vert
This will be my first winter with the M3, but my last car was an M5, and I plan to treat this car the same. I hate the idea of spending the coin on snow tires for the very few days here that they are actually needed, so I run my summer tires all winter and just leave the car in the garage on the days the forcast calls for a chance of ice or snow. I think I left my M5 home 1 or 2 days last year.

Having an X5 for a backup makes it an easier choice than if it was a Honda...
ChevDog1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:38 AM   #250
nofar

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP 6 SPEED
It's a car. It was designed by engineers (like me) for ALL season use, not just warm weather and sunny days! I daily drive all my cars, year round, in Michigan summers and winters. I use dedicated snow tires and I've NEVER had a problem though Michigan winters.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:39 AM   #251
KingBee

My Ride: IR '03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by nofar View Post
It's a car. It was designed by engineers (like me) for ALL season use, not just warm weather and sunny days! I daily drive all my cars, year round, in Michigan summers and winters. I use dedicated snow tires and I've NEVER had a problem though Michigan winters.
snow tires help a lot

AA exhaust, PSS10, TMS sways, 5mm rear spacers, more to come!
KingBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 12:53 PM   #252
greenhobby

My Ride: 2002 e46 M3
Winter tires a MUST...

Actually, winter tires are a must in New England! I drive year round have summer (Hankook) and winter (Blizzak lm-60's) OEM size and staggered on 2 pairs of OEM rims. It works perfectly. By the way, I always turn off DSC in the snow. It will bog the engine at the worst possible time. Just be careful, and don't turn on Sport!

-gh
greenhobby is offline   Reply With Quote