E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #61
SoCaLe39

My Ride: 06 M5 & 03 325i
Carcus, I know you keep complaining about the exhaust note and its true the stock exhaust sounds like crap.......but if you want to hear the V10 really come to life without dropping $2-3K search the M5board for muffler delete, its pretty common. Can be done for around $200-$300

Last edited by SoCaLe39; 11-20-2013 at 01:00 PM.
SoCaLe39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:03 PM   #62
PH03NIX46

My Ride: '03 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaLe39 View Post
Carcus, I know you keep complaining about the exhaust note and its true the stock exhaust sounds like crap.......but if you want to hear the V10 really come to life without dropping $2-3K search the M5board for muffler delete, its pretty common. Can be done for around $200-$300

Sounds like a VQ. In otherwords, like sex.

Also, as someone who has an M car and started it without a muffler....your neighbors will hate you for weeks. It's stupid loud. I can't even imagine how much louder it'd be with the V10.
Old 11-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #63
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
I vote no de-badge. Especially on an ///M car. BMW develops their cars very well and having the original badge on the back helps show pride of ownership and originality of the car. The type of person that usually debadges their car does so for two reasons: 1) To give the appearance of a "cleaner" look. In my opinion, it looks like you are trying too hard. Cleanliness should be subtle and not appear to be done totally on purpose. 2) Because they have a lesser model within its respective class and are trying to hide that or even possibly give the appearance of being a higher model (323 being a 330, etc). Whether it's a 323, 330, or M3, I think the badge should stay. It reinforces the identity of the vehicle. The E46 badges are clean and tidy anyway and look great, IMO. Not like E30 badges that are big

Just my opinion.

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #64
SoCaLe39

My Ride: 06 M5 & 03 325i
Agree with Mango here. Keep the badge.
SoCaLe39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #65
bee-em-dougle-u

My Ride: 2002 BMW 325i
I'm also in the "no de-badge" camp. It is what it is, and anyone with a passing acquaintance with the BMW marque will recognize the M5's rear valance and quad-tip exhaust anyway.

2002 BMW 325i sedan
Manual gearbox, but of course!
Tasteful mods
128K miles and counting
bee-em-dougle-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #66
VishTheFish

My Ride: Ex M54B30 ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Kids put badges and stickers all over their cars. The automatic 323's with M3 badges are always driven by kids. I would know, just by looking into my college parking lots.
+1. I absolutely CANNOT stand seeing //M badges on a non-M car. Usually its on the lower trim models as you have mentioned.

Can't tell you how many times I've seen ads where they slap some bumpers, throw a couple //M badges and all of a sudden its, "almost an m3, with m3 technology"

FFS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Christ...

I hope you come back in 5 years and read these posts.
You come off as an angry ghetto kid with mental issues.

I'm sure its really a stellar achievement to buy a five thousand dollar car, pimp it out craigslist wheels, and slap on some ebay springs.

Congratulations, your car is a disaster.
VishTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #67
tks

My Ride: slower than yours
Who needs a badge..........

there's at least a few ///M badges on brand new 750s that I have seen in the city.
tks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 04:57 PM   #68
Mango
A full five stars, son

My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by umpersav View Post
+1. I absolutely CANNOT stand seeing //M badges on a non-M car. Usually its on the lower trim models as you have mentioned.

Can't tell you how many times I've seen ads where they slap some bumpers, throw a couple //M badges and all of a sudden its, "almost an m3, with m3 technology"

FFS
///M badges have been on "non-M" cars for decades. It's just branding.

Model-specific Motorsports badges on the wrong car, on the other hand, is wrong.

There's a difference between ///M and ///M3. Keep all badges as BMW put them on the car. End of story

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 06:50 PM   #69
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCaLe39 View Post

OMG!!!! That sounds Formula 1 awesome. Not sure how the cops and neighbors would like it though. I assume it just runs bypass pipes. I had bypass pipes on my 911 and it was loud when I got on it.

Today, just installed matte black side grills, smoke LED side markers, and got a matte black grill on the way. Have a full set of silver and black real CF roundels for the wheels/hood/trunk/steering wheel center on the way like my E46 had. This should complete the blackout for me.

I did order a matte black M5 rear trunk emblem with black/grey/white M stripes to see if I like it. Other than that, besides an exhaust...I am done with it and very happy. My buddy with his E92 M3 loves the car and we are going swap for a few runs. I was set on an M3 but could not pass this up.

Thanks for the input all and glad to be back in the BMW family again!
Old 11-20-2013, 06:52 PM   #70
Alex323Ci

My Ride: M3 & 323Ci (sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Actually, you're both right.

You've never seen a regular 323 debadged here?
you'd have to pay a body shop to "shave" the emblems off in the past. this cost money and only enthusiast with money would and still go this far. on contrast it's the "poseurs" who put stickers on their cars which they are not. i do not see teenagers turning their cars ghetto by a debage or "shaved" emblems.

look into what BMW does for the emblems in europe at the dealership and have that same guy say it's a "teenager thing and ghetto".