E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 194 votes, 4.92 average.
Old 11-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #1841
TramRam

My Ride: '02 Blk/Imola SMG M3
I have the same issues of getting mine to install on my Win 7 (SP1) system to the point where mine just sits now! I really expected more! Mine is the same XCar360 unit and when I got mine, the disk was cracked on its edge so I contacted them. They would NOT just ship me out another disk! That led to them emailing me a file that never worked. I then decided to try the disc since the data was well inboard of the crack. It ran fine but still didn't install and run. I tried to get my Win 7 to run in XP compatibility mode which didn't work (for me) communicated back and forth for weeks trying to get the damn thing to work...the guy ended up trying to get me to get someone ELSES laptop with XP and use IT! At THAT point I told him basically to FO and it ended there. I WISH I could get it to work so I'd also welcome any help. It could just be that I can't get my system to switch to XP Compat. Mode so if anyone here knows how to do that, it's be great! I'll follow this thread.
Old 11-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #1842
philliplong

My Ride: 2002 325CI
Re: *OFFICIAL* BMW Diagnostic Scanner PA Soft 1.4 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattVa View Post
Is yours from Xcar360 also?

Let me know if you get anywhere with yours and I will reciprocate.
Nope. And I have put a solid amount of time in trying to get it to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by philliplong; 11-19-2013 at 01:49 PM.
philliplong is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 02:06 PM   #1843
DylanFulton7

My Ride: 545i/6
DME

08 [ 008 ] Signal, air-mass flow sensor
(Fault currently present)

I've been battling this code for some time now and I'm out of ideas, I've searched countless solutions with limited success.

Here's the scenario... When the car is up to temperature, the idle will fluctuate between 400-1000 RPM and occasionally stall which will turn on the CES light. This typically happens at stop lights etc...

This is the third MAF that I have tried with no success, I've replaced the camshaft sensor, replaced the ICV, checked all lines and hoses for cracks or leaks, I just did a major clean of my TB, ICV, DME, MAF. When I replaced the camshaft sensor it did significantly help the stalling issue but it hasn't eliminated it.

If you have any suggestions for me to try please chime in because this is getting to be very frustrating.

Thanks

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you."
- Jeremy Clarkson

Supercharged 328Ci - SOLD
C32 AMG - SOLD
E53 X5 - SOLD

Last edited by DylanFulton7; 11-20-2013 at 02:08 PM.
DylanFulton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 10:22 PM   #1844
Lith

My Ride: '03 Gray 330i
Quote:
Is yours from Xcar360 also?

Let me know if you get anywhere with yours and I will reciprocate.
I just received mine from xcar360 and I'm having same issues with the connections for IKE EWS as you ....
Lith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:04 AM   #1845
Dilon

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
*OFFICIAL* BMW Diagnostic Scanner PA Soft 1.4 Thread

Does anyone have the full version of the software ? Email me amardilon@gmail.com thanks

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Dilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:40 AM   #1846
HLG600

My Ride: German
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidjake View Post
Damn, I reformatted my laptop, tried to install it on my win 7 and it's not working. It shows that the drivers are installed, but says the scanner is not connected. Fak
I was tinkering with it on Win7 for half an hour. Same error message. In the end I just installed XP on a VM, which worked on the first attempt.
HLG600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #1847
MattVa

My Ride: 325ci 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lith View Post
I just received mine from xcar360 and I'm having same issues with the connections for IKE EWS as you ....

Xcar360 is no help. I have to send it back to China at my expense. Screw that. I waited a month initially, now another 3 weeks back to them then 3 weeks to return. Thats just pure crap.

I would have said it was me but since I see others having the same issues I think not.

They just sub the manufacture out to whom ever is cheapest, I think that is why the internals may look different among the various ones that come in.

I would like to see if someone local has a scanner and try their adapter on one of my laptops and car.
95 Mustang Cobra Dart 363 18psi Vortech
99 Corvette FRC
01 Superformance Cobra
Ultima Can-Am 355 G50/50 Yellow
Ultima Can-Am 350 G50/50 Orange
MattVa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:50 AM   #1848
jfoj

My Ride: '06 330CiC, '03 M5
Quote:
Xcar360 is no help. I have to send it back to China at my expense. Screw that. I waited a month initially, now another 3 weeks back to them then 3 weeks to return. Thats just pure crap.

I would have said it was me but since I see others having the same issues I think not.

They just sub the manufacture out to whom ever is cheapest, I think that is why the internals may look different among the various ones that come in.

I would like to see if someone local has a scanner and try their adapter on one of my laptops and car.
Tysons area, what do you need, I have not read all of the thread.

PM me, but may be better after Thanksgiving.

Big mistake many make, you have to plug the interface into the car as part of the interface is powered via the OBD connector.

Your cable could be tested easily on my working machine as well.

Fuel pump failures - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=929501

Temp Info - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=964491

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temps, Fuel Level - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

E46/E39 GM5 Door Lock Info - www.bmwgm5.com

Lower hose fan switch O-ring - BMW #13621743299
jfoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #1849
jfoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
Would anyone be nice enough to take a screenshot of their SRS Live Data readout?

1) Preferably with you sitting in the passenger seat, to test if the program is able to accurately detect occupancy.

2) With your driver seatbelt buckled in, again to see if the program is able to accurately detect this.
Here is a screen shot, but not with your specific request.

I do know that the SRS live data does detect the seatbelts as this is the one thing I have tried.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Airbag Equipment.pdf (129.9 KB, 41 views)
File Type: pdf Live Airbag Data.pdf (125.6 KB, 31 views)

Hidden OBC Menu - Check Voltage, Temps, Fuel Level - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=239619

Old 11-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #1850
Dilon

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
*OFFICIAL* BMW Diagnostic Scanner PA Soft 1.4 Thread

do you need drivers for windows xp? My cd came broke anyone wana spare me drivers ?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Dilon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #1851
ac_2007

My Ride: F32 M4, E46 M3/325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoj View Post
Here is a screen shot, but not with your specific request.

I do know that the SRS live data does detect the seatbelts as this is the one thing I have tried.
I appreciate the upload jfoj.

In the second attachment with live readouts, I assume the passenger seat is not occupied?

Reason being, my occupancy detector mat failed, and I purchased an emulator which produces an "always occupied" signal. The emulator works in my friend's 330i, but my 325i consistently says "passenger seat not occupied".

It used to be that my airbag light would flicker depending on how my passenger sat in the seat. Now with the emulator, no more airbag light, but it also doesn't say the seat is occupied - like it should.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:53 AM   #1852
TramRam

My Ride: '02 Blk/Imola SMG M3
Re: *OFFICIAL* BMW Diagnostic Scanner PA Soft 1.4 Thread

Mine came cracked but ended up working. I still can't get mine to do SHIZ on my Win7 SP1 laptop. Do you know about setting it too XP Compatibility Mode?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 11-21-2013, 05:48 PM   #1853
Ricardo J

My Ride: 320Ci 2001
Hi guys!

Two quick questions. With PA SOFT is possible to:

- turn on dimmed indicators on cruise (US style)?
- Switch off a/c fan every time I switch the car on?

The option is there but nothing happens. A friend with NCS do it on my last bimmer, but unfortunately I cant do it with PA Soft

This is a 320ci 2001 UK car (not the one in the signature)...

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #1854
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Hey guys just got some super scary codes! What is a 'major tank' leak?

Most of them cleared but not all

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

Last edited by delmarco; 11-21-2013 at 06:12 PM.
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #1855
delmarco

My Ride: 330i
Send a message via ICQ to delmarco Send a message via Yahoo to delmarco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardo J View Post
Hi guys!

Two quick questions. With PA SOFT is possible to:

- turn on dimmed indicators on cruise (US style)?
- Switch off a/c fan every time I switch the car on?

The option is there but nothing happens. A friend with NCS do it on my last bimmer, but unfortunately I cant do it with PA Soft

This is a 320ci 2001 UK car (not the one in the signature)...

Any ideas?

Thanks!!
Yeah I'm not sure you can do those. As for dim indicators - I just checked my options and they do not work either.

For the automatic on/off ac you will ALSO have to update your older 10 button hvac unit with a 2004+ 12 button unit. I did this to get the auto ac on/off option. See pictures below:

But you want the AC to 'stay off' and not turn on every time you get in the car? or are you saying you want it to turn on with the car every time? The older non auto HVAC should already be defaulted to stay off every time the car starts if it was left on previously.

Normally drivers update to the auto on/off HVAC to get it to turn 'automatically' on when starting the car every time. So if you want it to stay off I'm not sure if the update will help. If anything you may just have to return the car to the dealership and have them remove that code. (I think I read that this is where the code comes from- at the purchase of the car for the first time some dealership code the HVAC to stay on or stay off depending on climate and region the car is sold in)

BEFORE with pre2004 style 10 button HVAC:

AFTER with post2004 style 12 button HVAC:

VISIT MY GARAGE TO SEE ALL MY MODS:

http://directory.e46fanatics.com/use...rMod&UcId=7917

Last edited by delmarco; 11-21-2013 at 06:26 PM.
delmarco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 09:59 PM   #1856
jfoj

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac_2007 View Post
I appreciate the upload jfoj.

In the second attachment with live readouts, I assume the passenger seat is not occupied?
Correct, nothing/nobody in the passenger seat.

Old 11-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #1857
jfoj

I am just dropping in here late, have not read too far back from the last few pages, but I may be able to offer something here?

If you go to the PA Soft official website, the downloads offered on the site are listed as DEMO software.

I recall about 18 months ago that the software on the official PA Soft website was not a DEMO software.

I am wondering if some of the cable shipments the DEMO software is being shipped out rather than the COMPLETE software?

If I have time, since I have a working interface, I may try and download the current DEMO software from the PA Soft site and see if is read only and compare it to a working set up.

I guess if you search around you may be able to find a download somewhere on the web?

Old 11-21-2013, 10:34 PM   #1858
M3J0N

My Ride: See Sig
Send a message via AIM to M3J0N
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfoj View Post
I am just dropping in here late, have not read too far back from the last few pages, but I may be able to offer something here?

If you go to the PA Soft official website, the downloads offered on the site are listed as DEMO software.

I recall about 18 months ago that the software on the official PA Soft website was not a DEMO software.

I am wondering if some of the cable shipments the DEMO software is being shipped out rather than the COMPLETE software?

If I have time, since I have a working interface, I may try and download the current DEMO software from the PA Soft site and see if is read only and compare it to a working set up.

I guess if you search around you may be able to find a download somewhere on the web?
thanks. that would be great.... I got my pa soft working with the drivers installed, but it only scans. Has an issue reading some modules and definitely doesn't let me code or read canbus e39. Pretty annoying that I just spent this money and waited 4weeks on something that doesn't work like I expected.

am I supposed to modify any hardware or something?
04 M3 Coupe 6sp Carbon Black/Black (Sold)
95 M3 Coupe 5sp Carbon Black/Black (Sold)
95 M3 Coupe 5sp Avus/Dove Grey 3.2L Swap (Current)
90 M3 Coupe 5sp Diamond Black/Black 3.0L Swap (Current)
96 M3 Coupe 5sp Estoril Blue/Black (Current)
01 325iT Wagon Auto Titanium Silver/Red Sport (Current)

Last edited by M3J0N; 11-21-2013 at 10:35 PM.
M3J0N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:08 AM   #1859
CrazyOneToo

My Ride: 1999 328i 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3J0N View Post
thanks. that would be great.... I got my pa soft working with the drivers installed, but it only scans. Has an issue reading some modules and definitely doesn't let me code or read canbus e39. Pretty annoying that I just spent this money and waited 4weeks on something that doesn't work like I expected.

am I supposed to modify any hardware or something?
I know the feeling. I think mine shows about half the options.
When it scans it has alot of stuff that I do have on my car saying "not found".
I'm pretty damn sure I have a sunroof!!!!

*looks up* Yep its still up there.

1999 328i E46 with a M52TU - 2002 X5 E53 3.0i with a M54

AutohausAZ.com/

CrazyOneToo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #1860
M3J0N

My Ride: See Sig
Send a message via AIM to M3J0N
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyOneToo View Post
I know the feeling. I think mine shows about half the options.
When it scans it has alot of stuff that I do have on my car saying "not found".
I'm pretty damn sure I have a sunroof!!!!

*looks up* Yep its still up there.
In the other pa soft thread I am being told I have to solder a connection between two pins. I havent done that yet, but I cant really understand the logic that it "partially" works now and that when I solder the two pins, its going to "completely" work and allow me to write/code the modules.
04 M3 Coupe 6sp Carbon Black/Black (Sold)
95 M3 Coupe 5sp Carbon Black/Black (Sold)
95 M3 Coupe 5sp Avus/Dove Grey 3.2L Swap (Current)
90 M3 Coupe 5sp Diamond Black/Black 3.0L Swap (Current)
96 M3 Coupe 5sp Estoril Blue/Black (Current)
01 325iT Wagon Auto Titanium Silver/Red Sport (Current)

M3J0N is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw scanner, diagnostic tool, error message, pa soft