E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2013, 11:49 AM   #41
tstaroveski

My Ride: 2002 BMW 318D E46
Hello again,
I have managed to make the "base install" of the unit. So far I can confirm that the GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, Steering wheel controls (all keys!), DVR and the reverse camera are working fine.

Here is a short video of the unit booting taken during the installation. The video clearly shows the time required to fully boot the unit, how the steering wheel controls work and also the soft shut down function:

The installation procedure has been fully documented. Installation videos and pictures will be uploaded to my review thread (http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1012620).
Parts 1 and 2 of the review have also been completed. Stay tuned for part 3....

Best regards
tstaroveski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #42
Jarrettm3

My Ride: m3
Quote:
Originally Posted by samo View Post
these are looking good. Im curious how much functionality these units have with the steering wheel buttons. Those of you who have units can you please clarify which buttons do and dont work?

Im particularly interested to know if the skip tracks back and forward work in poweramp or similar.

cheers from long time lurker!
Are you asking about how poweramp you can swipe to change track?
Jarrettm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #43
samo

My Ride: E46 316i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarrettm3 View Post
Are you asking about how poweramp you can swipe to change track?
no, I was asking if the steering wheel buttons can be used to skip tracks in poweramp as you cannot do this with the Dynavin and it's a real deal breaker imo.
samo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 02:47 PM   #44
tstaroveski

I have just finished the "Part 3 - Installation of the head unit" (Post #4 of this thread - http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...49&postcount=4 ).

Best regards
Old 11-18-2013, 07:59 PM   #45
Jarrettm3

My Ride: m3
samo,
I can confirm that steering wheel buttons can be used to change tracks in poweramp. There is a delay to when you press the button to when the track changes. Lets say a 3 tenths of a second delay. But does work. Picture quality is excellent.
Jarrettm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:31 PM   #46
ePhan

My Ride: 99 323i & 04 325xi
So what happened to the unit?
ePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 02:39 PM   #47
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
He is on a Business trip until later this week

He sent me a Message today that he couldnt finish until he returns .

Yours are leaving on Monday or Tuesday !
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 04:16 AM   #48
tstaroveski

Hello again,
Please sorry for the delay. This week I had to take my BMW to the service as well as the mandatory technical examination. This week I will be on a business trip until Saturday afternoon. The review will be my first priority as soon as I return. While on the trip, I will be testing the unit (especially navigation as I have to travel 400 Km in both directions).

So far I can report that the unit is behaving nicely. I did not have a single crash / reboot. It also seems to be quite responsive regardless of the number of apps being run. The touchscreen seems to be resistive and it takes some time to get used to, especially if you are using capacitive touchscreen smartphone. Once you get used to it, the unit is easy to operate. There were some issues with white noise which I had reported to Sean and he had them fixed with the software update which I received about three days after the issue had been reported. I am also writing down all my findings which I will report in my review.

With best regards,
Tomislav
Old 11-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #49
Cabrio Bob

My Ride: E46 325Ci vert
I'm also interested in this product.

Formerly I was into the "carputer" hobby (mp3car.com, centrafuse.com, etc)

Nice to see there is a "christmas special" on bmwradios.
When does this expire ?

Another question, is the optional DVB unit "true-diversity" ? (since it has 2 antennas)
Cabrio Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 06:24 PM   #50
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor

My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio Bob View Post
I'm also interested in this product.

Formerly I was into the "carputer" hobby (mp3car.com, centrafuse.com, etc)

Nice to see there is a "christmas special" on bmwradios.
When does this expire ?

Another question, is the optional DVB unit "true-diversity" ? (since it has 2 antennas)

HI Bob

I Was Following/considering the Carputers in the past, Heat was always the issue.
They certainly have they come a long way since that , and that was only a few years ago !

regarding the DVB , it is amazing , We are getting reception ina reas that we previously could not,. And yes it is a true twin Diversity Antenna . Even our tech guy has one inhis car and his comment was the DVB is the Best he has ever seen In OR out of the house. They really nailed that and the DVR

Xmas special is up at the end of the month !
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:34 AM   #51
tstaroveski

Hello again,

"Part 5 - Review of usage 1/2" (post #6) has just been completed : http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...56&postcount=6

I will do my best to finish the rest as soon as I can. Right now I am working on the "Part 5 - Review of usage 2/2"

Regards,

Last edited by tstaroveski; 12-09-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Tags
android, head unit