E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2013, 09:00 AM   #61
Charlescrs6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Darien, CT - Bristol, RI
Posts: 448
My Ride: E46 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by MpoweredM View Post
I usually try to sneak into gyms when I'm out of town. or I go to a kids jungle gym. Haha


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I actually just remembered I printed off a 'free trial' membership for a gym in the town over. I think its for a day or two. Might have to take advantage of that Friday.
__________________
Current: SG/IR E46 M3 Convertible
Past: 2004 Audi A4 USP, 2003 Audi A4
Charlescrs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:38 PM   #62
Charlescrs6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Darien, CT - Bristol, RI
Posts: 448
My Ride: E46 M3 Convertible
Charles' Log/ Advice thread

**** day today. Push is weakkkkk.

Squat: 135x8, 225x6, 225x6, 245x5, 265x4 (was going even lower than normal. Top thigh parallel? I guess is the term. I'm used to going an inch higher)

Bench: 135x8, 165x6, 185x5, 195x4, 205x2 (wtf!)

Incline DB: 55x10, 65x8, 60x8

Incline chest press

I left after this feeling pissed off. I only got 3 hours of sleep last night so I'm sure that played a part.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Current: SG/IR E46 M3 Convertible
Past: 2004 Audi A4 USP, 2003 Audi A4
Charlescrs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #63
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 333
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I don't work out on days where I feel I did not have enough sleep or food. It's better to have a rest day than to have a half-assed workout when one has no energy. Speaking of this I skipped today due to lack of sleep and a date.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #64
Charlescrs6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Darien, CT - Bristol, RI
Posts: 448
My Ride: E46 M3 Convertible
Charles' Log/ Advice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I don't work out on days where I feel I did not have enough sleep or food. It's better to have a rest day than to have a half-assed workout when one has no energy. Speaking of this I skipped today due to lack of sleep and a date.
Yeah although I took the last week off being home for thanksgiving. I felt obligated to go today. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Current: SG/IR E46 M3 Convertible
Past: 2004 Audi A4 USP, 2003 Audi A4
Charlescrs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:40 AM   #65
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlescrs6 View Post
**** day today. Push is weakkkkk.

Squat: 135x8, 225x6, 225x6, 245x5, 265x4 (was going even lower than normal. Top thigh parallel? I guess is the term. I'm used to going an inch higher)

Bench: 135x8, 165x6, 185x5, 195x4, 205x2 (wtf!)

Incline DB: 55x10, 65x8, 60x8

Incline chest press

I left after this feeling pissed off. I only got 3 hours of sleep last night so I'm sure that played a part.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
The idea is to get the crease of the hip below the knee. You're fine with top of quad though. That would mean the crease is below the knee.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I don't work out on days where I feel I did not have enough sleep or food. It's better to have a rest day than to have a half-assed workout when one has no energy. Speaking of this I skipped today due to lack of sleep and a date.
I disagree. I like to think something is better than nothing. May times when you get going it's fine.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:46 AM   #66
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 333
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
The likelihood of getting injured is much higher when working out without energy. One day rest is better than multiple weeks if injury occurs.

I agree with something is better than nothing point though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
The idea is to get the crease of the hip below the knee. You're fine with top of quad though. That would mean the crease is below the knee.

I disagree. I like to think something is better than nothing. May times when you get going it's fine.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 09:57 AM   #67
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
The likelihood of getting injured is much higher when working out without energy. One day rest is better than multiple weeks if injury occurs.

I agree with something is better than nothing point though.
You honestly think that will happen because you ate a little less or slept a little less. Sounds like an excuse to me. I never said ehhh I'm tired I might get hurt. I say ehhh I'm tired fuuck it.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:16 AM   #68
MpoweredM
Wants to be Orange
 
MpoweredM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 13,302
My Ride: 1098S; RR Sport; CRZ
Charles' Log/ Advice thread

Eat some bananas and get to the gym you sissies!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________

Santa Hats thanks to Scott!
Click for pics of my bikes
Click for pics of my old 335
Click for pics of my old S4 avant
Click for pics of my old M3


Quote:
Originally Posted by v8 5 View Post
Constatine would of thrown his dildo at the kidnapper and proceed to cry in his closet after said kidnapper escaped.
MpoweredM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 10:33 AM   #69
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,165
My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
You honestly think that will happen because you ate a little less or slept a little less. Sounds like an excuse to me. I never said ehhh I'm tired I might get hurt. I say ehhh I'm tired fuuck it.
This was me yesterday, did nothing but eat and drink for 5 days straight, was exhausted yesterday so I said F it and went home and sat on the couch.

I really want to know how z00's mind rationalizes things.
__________________
2006 TRD Sport 4x4, Wheels - 17x8 Pro Comp Series 52 Rock Crawlers
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #70
Trashcan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 668
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: Charles' Log/ Advice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
You honestly think that will happen because you ate a little less or slept a little less. Sounds like an excuse to me. I never said ehhh I'm tired I might get hurt. I say ehhh I'm tired fuuck it.
I 100% agree with solly here. I work 13 hours a day, cook my food so i can eat 6-7 meals a day and spend over an hour in the gym every day. Yeah, i get about 5 hours of sleep on a good night. If i skipped the gym every time i was tired I'd be there once or twice a week on the weekend.

When I'm tired i just tell my self to pucker up that puss and push through it.

Last edited by Trashcan; 12-03-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:17 PM   #71
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 333
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
I mentioned that out of experience. I can lift while not fed, but lack of sleep causes me to lose most of my energy and focus. I hurt my leg badly few months ago while putting a DB down because I was too tired to put it down slowly. I only enjoy lifting when I have had enough sleep and food. Otherwise, I feel like $hit. I'm not competing, why make my body feel worse if I don't have to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
You honestly think that will happen because you ate a little less or slept a little less. Sounds like an excuse to me. I never said ehhh I'm tired I might get hurt. I say ehhh I'm tired fuuck it.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #72
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
I mentioned that out of experience. I can lift while not fed, but lack of sleep causes me to lose most of my energy and focus. I hurt my leg badly few months ago while putting a DB down because I was too tired to put it down slowly. I only enjoy lifting when I have had enough sleep and food. Otherwise, I feel like $hit. I'm not competing, why make my body feel worse if I don't have to?
That's a focus problem. You know the cause so be more aware of what you're doing. This is 100% an excuse. You will not feel worse. Odds are the workout will make you feel great and actually help your problem. I can't tell you how many times I got home from work and almost said screw it I'll do it tomorrow and then I got into the garage and killed it. I totally forgot about being tired.

Last edited by DylloS; 12-03-2013 at 12:24 PM.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:28 PM   #73
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 333
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Did not sleep well last night, will take a nap and go workout, lets see how that goes. I feel like crap. If I get hurt, you're taking care of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
That's a focus problem. You know the cause so be more aware of what you're doing. This is 100% an excuse. You will not feel worse. Odds are the workout will make you feel great and actually help your problem. I can't tell you how many times I got home from work and almost said screw it I'll do it tomorrow and then I got into the garage and killed it. I totally forgot about being tired.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #74
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
Did not sleep well last night, will take a nap and go workout, lets see how that goes. I feel like crap. If I get hurt, you're taking care of me.
You got it. Glad to see your balls are growing back lol
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #75
Charlescrs6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Darien, CT - Bristol, RI
Posts: 448
My Ride: E46 M3 Convertible
Charles' Log/ Advice thread

got another 3 hours of sleep last night, let's see how today goes. I probably won't get more than 5 hours until the weekend. Super busy with a big presentation I have Friday.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Current: SG/IR E46 M3 Convertible
Past: 2004 Audi A4 USP, 2003 Audi A4
Charlescrs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 12:59 PM   #76
Trashcan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 668
My Ride: 2002 330ci
Re: Charles' Log/ Advice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlescrs6 View Post
got another 3 hours of sleep last night, let's see how today goes. I probably won't get more than 5 hours until the weekend. Super busy with a big presentation I have Friday.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Adderall and preworkout kinda day...
Trashcan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #77
z00
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Boston
Posts: 333
My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
Another reason I cannot workout after a poor night of sleep is that I have IBS and a super sensitive stomach. I cannot drink caffeine (tea is fine), I tried many pre-workout supplements they give me bad stomachs.
z00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #78
Charlescrs6
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Darien, CT - Bristol, RI
Posts: 448
My Ride: E46 M3 Convertible
Charles' Log/ Advice thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashcan View Post
Adderall and preworkout kinda day...
Never taken an adderall and I feel like pre-workouts don't really help me. I should think about picking some up for these kinda days though.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
Current: SG/IR E46 M3 Convertible
Past: 2004 Audi A4 USP, 2003 Audi A4
Charlescrs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #79
bgsmith
Registered User
 
bgsmith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 1,165
My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
That's a focus problem. You know the cause so be more aware of what you're doing. This is 100% an excuse. You will not feel worse. Odds are the workout will make you feel great and actually help your problem. I can't tell you how many times I got home from work and almost said screw it I'll do it tomorrow and then I got into the garage and killed it. I totally forgot about being tired.
I set my DL 1RM on a day I almost didn't go to he gym because I felt like crap.
__________________
2006 TRD Sport 4x4, Wheels - 17x8 Pro Comp Series 52 Rock Crawlers
bgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #80
DylloS
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: NY
Posts: 672
My Ride: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
I set my DL 1RM on a day I almost didn't go to he gym because I felt like crap.
See z00...you can do it!
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use