E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 09-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #1221
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
I'm more convinced than ever that I need a belt
Will order the inzer lever belt this weekend

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 01:26 AM   #1222
widebody350

My Ride: 350Z
Dead lift inquiry!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1379654690.267928.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	527356end of my deadlifts. 225 for 25, 315 for three sets of 15 12 10, 405 for five and 455 for one. Not too bad. Aiming for finishing at 500 in the next few months.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 09-20-2013, 02:04 AM   #1223
BreakMyWallet

My Ride: B6 A4/ Mini Cooper S
Dead lift inquiry!

Nice job!

Old 10-31-2013, 09:07 PM   #1224
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
New 1RM, 395 lbs, feeling better every time I do DLs.
Old 11-15-2013, 04:42 AM   #1225
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
i hit 365 DL
got 375 past my knees but my left hand grip failed before i could try to power through it and lock out

don't think i can get 4 plates by thanksgiving which was my goal
but i'm making good progress toward it
especially considering that my DL max was only 275 back in May or so

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)

Last edited by XKxRome0ox; 11-15-2013 at 04:42 AM.
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #1226
Silversixspeed

My Ride: Too many to list
FINALLY broke past my plateau of 415lbs. Hit 425lbs on the first try last week. Been having trouble getting past with getting sick, being to busy to get to the gym (with two jobs some days, and 45 min drives each way makes for like 16 hours of work/driving)
Silversixspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 04:10 PM   #1227
bostonsc4

My Ride: BMW 323i
Basic training really put a damper on my DL numbers. Currently I'm back to 305 x 1. I could probably muster up 315 but I don't want to hurt myself. I'm just barely 3 weeks back into lifting after not touching a weight for 2 months.
bostonsc4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:43 PM   #1228
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonsc4 View Post
Basic training really put a damper on my DL numbers. Currently I'm back to 305 x 1. I could probably muster up 315 but I don't want to hurt myself. I'm just barely 3 weeks back into lifting after not touching a weight for 2 months.
It will come back quick, I took pretty much all of August and September off and my numbers are now better than they were before I took time off.
Old 11-29-2013, 06:11 PM   #1229
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Dead lift inquiry!

Here everyone. Right from the starting strength book. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1385766708.558117.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	204.3 KB
ID:	536614

DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #1230
bAby norAA

My Ride: 01 BMW 330i
For a good pull, the weight should not be on the "mid foot" like described above. You should be driving through your heels

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |

Last edited by bAby norAA; 11-30-2013 at 08:23 AM.
bAby norAA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:34 AM   #1231
bimmerchop

My Ride: spins 4
Send a message via AIM to bimmerchop
I think you misunderstood the point of that description... Yes, you should be driving through your heels in order to have an good pull. However, the weight should still be evenly distributed and balanced across the mid-foot in order to have the bar travel through the most efficient vertical path. Just like you don't want shift the weight forward causing the heels to come up off the floor, you don't want the weight to be shifted too far back causing the balls /toes of your feet to come up either. Doing so would just cause an imbalance.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS
bimmerchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #1232
bAby norAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
I think you misunderstood the point of that description... Yes, you should be driving through your heels in order to have an good pull. However, the weight should still be evenly distributed and balanced across the mid-foot in order to have the bar travel through the most efficient vertical path. Just like you don't want shift the weight forward causing the heels to come up off the floor, you don't want the weight to be shifted too far back causing the balls /toes of your feet to come up either. Doing so would just cause an imbalance.
i disagree. You should have your weight back far enough that your heels are the point in which the most power comes in contact with the ground when starting the lift. This prevents your ass from coming up first, this also loads your hamstrings and glutes before the initial pull from the ground. To each their own, but that is the way i prefer to deadlift and how i teach all my clients/powerlifters

| VF Supercharged Stage 1.5| Southbend Stage 2 Clutch | ZHP Cams | Technik Headers |
Old 11-30-2013, 10:56 AM   #1233
bimmerchop

You're still misunderstanding that point I tried to make. I completely agree with everything you said in both of your last 2 posts... For both force production and posterior chain activation. I was simply referring to bar setup / position in relation to one's feet. A person's heels, balls and toes should never come up off the ground.

"A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

euro.techniks

EPL | TiAL | SDR | APR | Stratmosphere | 034 | ASP | SPEC | Fidanza | STaSIS | H-Sport | AWE | H&R | StopTech | BBS

Last edited by bimmerchop; 11-30-2013 at 10:57 AM.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #1234
bAby norAA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerchop View Post
You're still misunderstanding that point I tried to make. I completely agree with everything you said in both of your last 2 posts... For both force production and posterior chain activation. I was simply referring to bar setup / position in relation to one's feet. A person's heels, balls and toes should never come up off the ground.
Ah ah...i see that in the post they were talking about bar starting position in relation to ones foot. I got ya now

Old 11-30-2013, 11:09 AM   #1235
bimmerchop

lol, yea... At least that's how I took it haha.

euro.techniks

Old 12-09-2013, 05:25 PM   #1236
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Re: Dead lift inquiry!

Those that are using the over-under grip, are you noticing any long term asymmetries in your shoulders and/or arms? Should the grip hands be alternated every now and then?

It may be my imagination, but after deadlifting for more than a year now, I think that my left shoulder is wider than the right ("over" grip on left hand) . And my left bicep is noticeably smaller.

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #1237
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post
Those that are using the over-under grip, are you noticing any long term asymmetries in your shoulders and/or arms? Should the grip hands be alternated every now and then?

It may be my imagination, but after deadlifting for more than a year now, I think that my left shoulder is wider than the right ("over" grip on left hand) . And my left bicep is noticeably smaller.
Not at all, although I use over/over until I get upwards of 315 lbs. For the heavy stuff I always use over/under.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 05:44 PM   #1238
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
It has nothing to do with deadlifting. A plus from dating doctors you get to learn all of this cool stuff. The left side in humans tend to be bigger (pecs, traps, etc...) due to organ placement (heart, etc...). In smokers the right lungs gets damaged way more than the left because of the way the lungs are wired.

Actually, humans are not symmetrical at all. Left eye is slightly larger than the right one. Left testicle is larger than the right one, etc... there is a reason behind all of this.

I alternate my DL over/under grip on lighter weights, keep the same grip on heavier weights with dominant hand under the BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanC View Post

z00 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #1239
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: A sexy ass ///M4!
Quote:
Originally Posted by z00 View Post
It has nothing to do with deadlifting. A plus from dating doctors you get to learn all of this cool stuff. The left side in humans tend to be bigger (pecs, traps, etc...) due to organ placement (heart, etc...). In smokers the right lungs gets damaged way more than the left because of the way the lungs are wired.

Actually, humans are not symmetrical at all. Left eye is slightly larger than the right one. Left testicle is larger than the right one, etc... there is a reason behind all of this.

I alternate my DL over/under grip on lighter weights, keep the same grip on heavier weights with dominant hand under the BB.
Oh stop with the "dating doctor" stuff already. It really is old and tiresome, and nobody considers you credible. Stop trying so hard.

As for bigger appendages, that's totally dependent on what your dominant side is. All of my right side appendages are bigger (..but I'm fairly symmetrical; my right leg is only a half pound heavier.....right arm is only a tenth of a pound heavier, so insignificant), while I have more flexibility on my left side (..because I'm a right side kicker). Making definitive "left side" statements only serve to make you look like a fool. I'm sure that everybody here could post, and there would be variances regarding which side is larger (..from arms, to legs to feet...).

Last edited by M3Inline6; 12-09-2013 at 06:21 PM.
M3Inline6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 07:28 PM   #1240
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Re: Dead lift inquiry!

Zoo, that theory doesn't correlate well with the fact that I have a smaller bicep on my left side. I am right dominant.

M3inline6, the fact that you're using over/over up to 315 might be helping you with the symmetry. I never use over/over, seems like I should.

Black Sapphire MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SlickTop/5MT
Black Sapphire MetallicNevada BrownDark Bamboo e70 X5 xDrive4.8
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote