E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 202 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-03-2013, 10:44 AM   #41
_andeezyy

My Ride: BMW 325ci / E28
Neat product! I myself have a D99+ right now and I'm content with it.

I guess my only question would be if I require a internet connection to use the GPS. See I have a dumb iPhone and we have to pay extra to be able to tether.

In fact if you could let us know what features work without the internet connection that would be great.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:36 PM   #42
///M Protocol
Banned User

My Ride: i3
so many different version of the e46 android navigation that it is confusing. I really want to buy one but too many different choices. why is yours different?
///M Protocol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:14 PM   #43
jCassh

My Ride: e46 sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Protocol View Post
so many different version of the e46 android navigation that it is confusing. I really want to buy one but too many different choices. why is yours different?
Buy this one http://*********.bigcartel.com/produ...-free-shipping
jCassh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #44
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by jCassh View Post
......you have read the threads about that unit right?.....AND its not android.....I think you are missing the point of this thread and the Avin unit....

Unless.....sarcasm?

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 12-03-2013 at 02:25 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:09 PM   #45
Avetiso

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
Ooooh, Fresno. If I'm ever in the area, can I stop by and check them out?
Avetiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:27 PM   #46
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

Sure, so long as im at the office to show it to you! Im a busy guy sometimes but if you are in the area just check in with me first and id be happy to hook something up on test bench for you.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:14 PM   #47
tacomeat1

My Ride: '05 M3 Carbon Black
Subscribed. Seems great. Is the navigation system just a free android app with customer choice or does it come pre-installed? Needs a GPS antenna I assume? Is that included in price? How is sound compared to the stock HK unit? Will fit non-nav HK unit in '05 M3 yes?
Old 12-03-2013, 05:27 PM   #48
jgold47

My Ride: 2004 X5 3.0
I wish someone would figure out how to support satellite on one of these things. Using a SCC-1 tuner has got to be pretty simple to figure out. If the folks at dice could....

my about me link
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=791566

jgold47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:14 PM   #49
LD330XI

My Ride: '05 330xi
Re: Official: ///AVIN BMW E46 Full Android GPS Navigation System - Info and Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgold47 View Post
I wish someone would figure out how to support satellite on one of these things. Using a SCC-1 tuner has got to be pretty simple to figure out. If the folks at dice could....
+1

That is the only thing holding me back from one of these units.
LD330XI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #50
Patton323I

My Ride: R1100GS E46 E53
Nifty. I'm good with my D99+ though. I'll keep this in mind though for my E53.
Old 12-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #51
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
What makes this unit different? It was designed and inspired by the feedback from the many great members here at E46Fanatics. More detail on this in the first post of this thread. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showpos...37&postcount=1

The ///AVIN Avant BMW E46 model does not require internet connection for GPS to work. There are many great offline navigation app that you can install that would work great such as Sygic, iGo, CoPilot, Navigon. The map data would be stored on the microSD including text to speech voice guidance. So you do not need to worry about driving through an area with poor cellphone reception because the navigation system already has all the map data.

The ///AVIN Avant is a full featured navigation system that works great even without internet connection.
  • GPS works offline without the need for internet connection
  • Built in support for Torque Bluetooth OBD2 function so you can read your cars diagnostic
  • USB /SD Direct Play is great you simply plug in a USB flash drive and the system automatically finds all your media. You can immediately start playing the music, videos, and photos without the hassle of searching through layers of folders.
  • It supports a lot of video format so you don't need to convert them to make it work with the system.
  • Supported video formats: MKV, FLV, AVI, RM, XIVD, DIVX, MOV, MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3GPP, 3GPP2, MPEG 1/2/4
  • You can download YouTube or other videos from the internet store it on sdcard or usb and play it directly from the unit.
  • It has a built in DVD player that operates in Android.
  • Bluetooth Handfree phone connection that syncs your contacts, missed calls, etc and displays the caller ID on the touch screen.
  • It automatically pairs with your phone when you start your car
  • Steering wheel button control to answer phone calls and control media
  • Many more...

http://avinusa.com/bmw-e46-full-andr...on-system.html

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 12-04-2013 at 03:37 AM.
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 08:26 PM   #52
bmwguyNC

My Ride: 02 325i orient blue
Send a message via AIM to bmwguyNC
Visited the website and was amazed by the friendly chat with Tommy. Talk about some great customer service! Live chat right on the site!
bmwguyNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:17 AM   #53
maksezzy

My Ride: 325i
wow, its like you put a phone behind a dynavin lol thats setup for car mode. but for $799 i'd have to take my chances with eonon for $389. i only need my stereo to play music either by usb/aux or bluetooth after owning so many aftermarket stereos in different cars, i dont care anymore as long as it plays music and flows with the dash well. ill even turn the sound and screen off sometimes and listen to the rumble of the car without realizing i drove somewhere in silence haha. but system looks really good but a hefty price that goes with it, besides with every new system there will be years of improvements../ it didn't take samsung one try to get the samsung s4, lol
maksezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 03:19 AM   #54
maksezzy

My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by _andeezyy View Post
Neat product! I myself have a D99+ right now and I'm content with it.

I guess my only question would be if I require a internet connection to use the GPS. See I have a dumb iPhone and we have to pay extra to be able to tether.

In fact if you could let us know what features work without the internet connection that would be great.
sir, your car looks dope as hell. kudos. just letting you know
maksezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:41 AM   #55
Santino_PL

My Ride: 330Ci
cool that there is a high spec unit for e46/e39/e53 buuut im looking for something like this for my e38 and no one produce a plug&play unit that ist cheap ore crapy quality, do You plan in the future to take a place in this segment of the market?

Alpina Project in progress | Supercharged 330Ci
Santino_PL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #56
JJR4884

i'm sick of my partially broken dynavin.... few questions (sorry if they have already been addressed)

bluetooth can still work with GPS, right?
when the ipod is being used, is the ipod itself locked or do you have full control of the ipod in hand as well as on the screen? i hate using the screen for going through the ipod, its so much faster and easier using my nano
Old 12-04-2013, 10:37 AM   #57
Beedub

My Ride: bmw z4m vt2-525
please please do something similar for the flip top setups used on the early 1 series, x3 and e85/e85 z4s.... this would sell like hot cakes!!
Old 12-04-2013, 03:46 PM   #58
lovemy330ci

My Ride: 2001 330ci topaz blu
if i didnt purchase a D99+ a year ago id get this.. not worth the upgrade right now in my opinion
Old 12-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #59
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
This may seem like a stupid question but this should work in an E39 M5 right?
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | Brushed Aluminum Interior |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
Tuning Tech IAT Kit
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:22 PM   #60
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Santino_PL View Post
cool that there is a high spec unit for e46/e39/e53 buuut im looking for something like this for my e38 and no one produce a plug&play unit that ist cheap ore crapy quality, do You plan in the future to take a place in this segment of the market?
We might be able to make a custom unit for you. Send me an email at tommy@avinusa.com
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, avant, avin, dynavin, eonon, m3evolution