E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Lighting Forum

Lighting Forum
Angel Eyes, DDEs, lighted rings, Clear Turn Signals, LEDs, Xenon, HID, or Bi-Xenon. If it lights up and you want to discuss it, post here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 23 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-19-2013, 10:12 AM   #61
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Yes, try that. Go to the lighting options (LCM) and on the bottom right you will see a setting for xenon lighting. Check that off.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:21 AM   #62
halo0

My Ride: '02 330i 5mt
yep just did that an hour ago. Still have a bulb out indicator. I'm not really sure if it's flickering or not because it's daylight out now.

^Click, stop by and say hi.^ ------ 5% off Redline leather
halo0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:36 PM   #63
halo0

So it seems like after coding the flickering is gone, but I still have a front pass warning light on the dash. :/

Old 05-19-2013, 09:45 PM   #64
halo0

So I just found this
http://e46fanatics.com/forum/showpos...99&postcount=1
Quote:
19. Start the vehicle. Turn headlights on. If the D2S bulbs power-up but flicker and you have two front bulb-out warning lights, you will need to take the vehicle to your Indy shop (or Stealer) to get the LCM reflashed to enable the LCM to recognize the "Xenon Retrofit." After the LCM reflash, the lights will not flicker anymore, but you will still get a right-side bulb-out warning light. This is because the right side low beam connection is not attached to anything. Recall, the Morimoto wiring harness only connects to one low beam connection, not both. If you have a pre-facelift vehicle, you can pull fuse #32 from the fusebox and the bulb-out light will go away. Apparently, fuse #32 powers the "bulb-out" testing function.
I have a facelift, so I'm going to try the resistor method. I have some left over from when I had LED turn signals on my last car. Frustrating that TRS doesn't account for this problem.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:57 PM   #65
ohiwish

My Ride: 325xi
New owner here. . and thanks for the great post. Question ; Replaced my front axles on 325xi, and removed the headlight 'box/leveler' from the lower control-arm. All back otgether and Now headlights turned down. Can you pass along the 'adjustment' of that control box to get the lights back up to position?

Many thanks.
Jim Ohiwish@q.com
ohiwish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:47 PM   #66
zimi117

My Ride: 2001 330Ci
About to purchase OEM xenon's from 2003 330ci. Headlight, lens, ballasts and igniters are included. Is there anything else I need to do for my 2001 halogens? Any resistors or reprogramming I've read on? If anything i just hope its just the fuse pull.
zimi117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:15 AM   #67
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiwish View Post
New owner here. . and thanks for the great post. Question ; Replaced my front axles on 325xi, and removed the headlight 'box/leveler' from the lower control-arm. All back otgether and Now headlights turned down. Can you pass along the 'adjustment' of that control box to get the lights back up to position?

Many thanks.
Jim Ohiwish@q.com
Reinstall it the way it way then you will probably have to rotate the knobs on top of the headlights to aim them properly.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #68
FcBarcelona

My Ride: 325ci
My 2004 325ci has this issue where my right projector shoots really poorly and goes off to the left. On both headlights, the projectors move up and down freely. But my right projector shoots normally. I wanted to upgrade to HIDs but not with the headlights shooting properly. (And the adjusters are dead)

This is the one piece headlight! It's quite annoying..
FcBarcelona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:34 AM   #69
RECCER

My Ride: 2001 330ci
i apologize in advanced if this is a question that has been asked already i may have over looked it in hours past researching how i can improve my light set up...

where can i buy AL projectors!? i have a 2001 330ci in serious need of an update, i already have projectors in my xenon healights all im looking for is to replace the projectors so i can have a nice crisp clean output again like i know it should be doing. so if anyone can help direct me in the right direction that would be greatly appreciated.

01' 330ci/Dinan CF CAI/Dinan High flow throttle body/Dinan Stage 3 ECU chip/
RECCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 09:42 PM   #70
Platano20
OEM ///Member

My Ride: e46 3-Series
*** Official E46 Lighting Guide ***

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightymouse777 View Post
believe me i have read and read and read on headlights. i want good ones not the cheap ebay crap. but when i look them up i just get lost. i need the full set up. my driver side head light fixture is broke anyway so i want a full upgrade. what i dont get is there are ones that are plug and play and others they say they should be installed by a pro. do these plug and play have everything i need? ballasts and all etc. i have factory halogens right now and they are the worst at night and i work nights thats the man reason i want to upgrade. someone direct me to some sites please? here is what ive looked at...

http://www.umnitza.com/projector46-t...ing-p-208.html all the options i dont understand.

http://www.stealthauto.com/Products/...LK-1-PRNT.aspx
+1

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Myself: Upper/Lower Intake Boots, Head Light Lenses, Kicker L5 12" Sub, Tints 18% all around, smoked corners & side markers, Spark Plugs, Front Eibach front & rear Sway Bars, Front & rear Sway Bar End Links, Eibach Pro Springs, Koni FSD Struts & Shocks, Meyele HD Front Control Arms and Bushings,
Platano20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 08:00 PM   #71
(510)330ci

My Ride: 330ci
Re: *** Official E46 Lighting Guide ***

I need help installing the hid bulb on my car idk how to get it to stay in
Sent from my SCH-I535 using BimmerApp mobile app
(510)330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:41 PM   #72
shellback

My Ride: BMW
couldn't find any specific info on the following possible install:
Are euro Bosch headlights compatible with US E46's?
I might get a set from a UK 2000 E46 but not sure if wiring will be compatible on my 2000 touring.
shellback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2014, 07:42 PM   #73
shellback

My Ride: BMW
couldn't find any specific info on the following possible install:
Are euro Bosch headlights compatible with US E46's?
I might get a set from a UK 2000 E46 but not sure if wiring will be compatible on my 2000 touring.
shellback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 11:08 AM   #74
lllRazorlll

My Ride: '00 328i
The thing about that is if it comes from a UK car the headlights will shine in what is considered backwards to US standards. That is, the cutoff pattern will be flipped because its for a right-hand drive country.

See the image here:

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...ml%3B700%3B275

And here:

http://i1291.photobucket.com/albums/...ps3b6c883e.jpg

Last edited by lllRazorlll; 08-17-2014 at 11:09 AM.
lllRazorlll is offline   Reply With Quote