E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 05:13 PM   #21
EM3NiGHTMARES

My Ride: M3
awesome but for a better look go with the euro tray arm rest delete!!
EM3NiGHTMARES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:17 PM   #22
skelzy

My Ride: 2005 M3 Coupe
That black looks so much better.... It's gonna look great when it's all finished up....
Old 01-19-2014, 08:37 PM   #23
ReactiveShooter

My Ride: 2002 M3, 2001 740il
Got half the carpet painted before having to go to work. The nap is a lot stiffer but it should work in the rear. I probly wouldn't go with it in the front where it would probably not wear well.

The alcantara project on the steering wheel trim is a no go. I bought some silver carbon fiber fabric and I'll be skinning the wheel trim and the shifter surround with it.

I also need to paint the convertible campartment cover. I was planning on buying a black one but it seems that the edge of the cover is color matches to the car so it'll be easier to just paint it.
ReactiveShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 03:43 AM   #24
ReactiveShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EM3NiGHTMARES View Post
awesome but for a better look go with the euro tray arm rest delete!!
You know I keep looking at the arm delet consoles and they do look a lot cleaner, especially the euro ones with the "blinds" style door but, I use the armrest every single time I drive. I drive with my left hand and rest my right on the shifter most of the time driving so my arm is on that thing a lot. And I use to have a job involving a "fleet" style work van that didn't have any damn arm rest in the middle and it was torture. My arm hurt all the freakin time just hanging out there. Killed my shoulder. (I was a passenger so I couldn't rest them on the wheel.) I guess I could learn to keep my hands on the wheel and only drop it to shift but then I wouldn't be cool like vin deisel!
Old 01-20-2014, 03:49 AM   #25
ReactiveShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by skelzy View Post
That black looks so much better.... It's gonna look great when it's all finished up....
Thanks man I'm hoping it will work out great!
Old 01-21-2014, 06:44 PM   #26
ReactiveShooter

Last night I dropped the rear carpet back in and installed the drivers seat. Rear carpet matches the front one great! Just a much stiffer nap on the rear now. Those damn seats are heavy.

I've got a newish black center console on the way as well as a black armrest cover with m stitching. I've got a set of alcantara shifter and brake boots w/M stitching that are taking forever to get here from England and also a new glovebox lid In black.

Also I ordered some "texalium" aka silver carbon fiber cloth and I'll be applying it to the steering wheel lower trim and shifter surround. That should match the alluminum dash trim well and add some carbon fiber style awesomeness.

The rear carpets already dirty from me walking on it haha.

Last edited by ReactiveShooter; 01-21-2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-22-2014, 02:04 AM   #27
Cowspoo

My Ride: 328Ci

I. can. not. wait. to see your finished interior!
Here is mine now and then there's the pic that had my jaw on the floor.

Last edited by Cowspoo; 01-22-2014 at 02:08 AM.
Cowspoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 02:27 AM   #28
ReactiveShooter

Wow I never thought Id see a picture that made grey look sexy but there you are. Haha!

Honestly I like your interior already. Your grey looks much better than mine does. And the wood bits help give it some color. All my trim was shitty mettalic grey spray paint lookin stuff.
Old 01-22-2014, 04:41 AM   #29
ReactiveShooter

Alright tonight I made some headway after stopping by the bar with some friends. Got the guage cluster, LCM, center vents, hvac relocation trim(I've had the hvac controls moved down since I put the radio in a little while back but I just had them stuffed in the original trim, it kind of fit but not really. Now I've got the correct relocation trim installed and it looks much better.), hvac controls, steering wheel and Avin andriod radio all back in. It's starting to look like the inside of a car again! I've been lucky so far in not running into anything that I've forgotten where they went, or missing hardware.

My newish black center console came in today and it looks pretty dang good. The cupholders are a little dinged up but they always are, may order some brand new ones later. Now I need to figure out how to remove the armrest so I can paint the plastic bits black and recover it when the leather comes in.

I purchased a torpedo style propane heater specifically for this project to heat the garage but I've not had to use it till tonight because of warmisher weather and my Oktoberfest hoodie that I use while working on the car.(it didn't hit me till today that I was wearing a hoodie for a German inspired holiday while working on a German car with German power tools[Bosch]haha. Maybe I was born in the wrong place.) I fired it up tonight and man it sounds like a jet engine. Puts out the heat like one too haha!

I'm kind of delaying putting the door panels on because I'm going to get some Focal components for the front.

Last edited by ReactiveShooter; 01-22-2014 at 04:45 AM.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:08 AM   #30
thegenius46m

My Ride: E46 M3, E63 M6
Can anyone confirm if the Non-M3 and M3 black carpets for a coupe are the same part #? Looking to swap my grey carpets to black and this info would make sourcing the proper ones easier. Thanks

Purchased:11/13 with 58k miles

thegenius46m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:10 AM   #31
JesseInSb

My Ride: CBR600 F4i
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegenius46m View Post
Can anyone confirm if the Non-M3 and M3 black carpets for a coupe are the same part #? Looking to swap my grey carpets to black and this info would make sourcing the proper ones easier. Thanks
Theyre the same

2003 Tiag Dove Grey 6 Speed
JesseInSb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 05:32 AM   #32
thegenius46m

My Ride: E46 M3, E63 M6
^^Sweet! Thanks

Purchased:11/13 with 58k miles

thegenius46m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2014, 08:44 PM   #33
ReactiveShooter

Decided to clear coat the stuff I've already painted black for some extra wear protection. Tonight I'll pull the convertible top cover and start masking it off for paint. The "silver carbon fiber" came in today and looks awesome, gotta wait on the resin to get here.

The leather for the armrest came in today. Looks cool, hopefully it fits well. Tore the old leather off of the armrest and was surprised that the foam is in great shape! Stuff is 12 years old and looks brand new. Picked up some 3m 77 spray and contact cement for the edges.

My alcantara shift and ebrake boots came in the mail as well. They look cool and hopefully fit well. I think the matte of the alcantara will be a nice contrast to the shinier plastics and leather.

Last edited by ReactiveShooter; 01-24-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:09 AM   #34
ReactiveShooter

Already wrote this fking post once but here we go again. Got all the panels in and they look awesome! Got all the seats in as well. The dash is all done but for the glovebox. Still haven't put in The carpet trim because I wanted to go for a drive. After clearing all the Miriad codes I went for a drive with the top down. It was a little cold but not bad. I missed my M so much. LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRIVE SLOW CARS!

The stupid convertible cover refused to go up earlier so it hasn't been painted. It functions fine now for some reason.

That damn inboard rear bolt on the seats sucks hard. Both cross threaded.

I went to pull out of the garage. Started the car and put it in reverse and was just about to let off the clutch when I realized I hadn't put the gas pedal in.

Also realized after driving that I forgot to plug in the window switches on the shifter trim.

Last edited by ReactiveShooter; 01-26-2014 at 05:12 AM.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:54 AM   #35
ReactiveShooter

Resin for the silver carbon came in today. Tomorrow I'll go to lowes before work and get the supplies for that project.

Even though it's the same car, it FEELS like I'm actually driving a fancy sports car now. The nice interior just kinda changes the way you feel in it. Seats definitely need to go ASAP.

I've tried driving without the armrest a few days now since it's in pieces and I hate it. Glad I didn't order the armrest delete console. Looks nice but just not for me.

Chicks at the drive through were all "this is a really nice car!" And I was all:

Last edited by ReactiveShooter; 01-28-2014 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-30-2014, 10:54 AM   #36
TopazID

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
It will be a beauty and the beast difference in looks once completed!

Cheers!
Ian
Old 01-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #37
versaceversace

My Ride: 2005 e46 325ci
Wow that is coming out very very nice. Sorry I might have missed it but how much do you anticipate to spend on this? Thanks
versaceversace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 12:39 PM   #38
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
How about 2-tone the seats? I've never liked how the rear convertible seats look in any colour than black since they don't blend will with the surrounding interior. I like this, minus the headrests and various trim:

Last edited by taylor192; 01-30-2014 at 12:44 PM.
taylor192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:57 AM   #39
ReactiveShooter

Those two tone seats look kinda nice. I'll have ponder that possibility.

Wow, Carbon fiber really hates me. Attempt 3 will happen later tonight on the steering trim. If it keeps fighting me ill switch to doing the armrest leather.

Tomorrow I'll try and finish up the floor trim plastics.

My blue/white carbon fiber roundels came in today. May put them on too.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:25 AM   #40
ReactiveShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by versaceversace View Post
Wow that is coming out very very nice. Sorry I might have missed it but how much do you anticipate to spend on this? Thanks
So far I've spent;
Front carpet-100$
Interior panels-750$
Center console-100$
Dash-120$
Various paints-60$?
Alluminum trim set-125$?(I only used the dash trim bits. It came with bits for all four doors on a sedan but I can't use any of them.)
Glove box door-25$(still hasn't arrived)
Silver carbon fiber-25$
Clear Epoxy resin-20$