E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > NY / NJ / CT

NY / NJ / CT
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
NY NJ CT

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 12-30-2013, 07:11 PM   #181
SchumiWDC
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: DFW
Posts: 2
My Ride: E90 328i
Are you open to shipping at all or just local pick up?
SchumiWDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:53 PM   #182
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Anyone With Tire Needs??

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchumiWDC View Post
Are you open to shipping at all or just local pick up?
Yup, we can ship. We ship via FedEx Ground. PM me with what you are looking for and I will let you know the associated costs.

Thanks again,
Greg


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 12:46 PM   #183
LittleBear
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Brklyn. Got a Problem wit dat?
Posts: 708
My Ride: 2001 330i
Hello BMW Experts!
Here be my story about going to Atlantic Tire:
I went there about 2 months ago for 4 Hankook Noble2 tires and an alignment so my car would drive straight & not eat my tires prematurely. The tire price w/mount/balance was about the lowest I could find, but for years now I haven't been able to get a good alignment at a good price for the life of me. Either they won't do it to the specs I want (I think BMW specs suck), they can't do camber or rear toe well, whatever; the car always wandered & didn't track well. So I called Greg! He said sure we can do a good alignment, and with the purchase of 4 tires the price was good ($85.).
So Little Bear & I ran right over. Got tires, and asked Greg if I could speak with the alignment guy to show him the #s I wanted him to hit. To paraphrase Greg, he said, "well sure, but the guy is a little...scary" or something similar. So I went back & met Dennis, who had a bunch of bear claws (I think) hanging around his neck.
Dennis was a bit gruff! He said nobody ever asked him to align to specs other than stock, but he would do it.
To make a long story short, Dennis let me watch, and I got an excellent alignment which I have been enjoying for 2 months now. Everyone at the shop was cool, but they didn't really want Little Bear roaming around the work area for some reason! And Dennis turned out to be a very nice gentleman.
Moral of story: You can get the best tires around, but if the alignment is bad, the driving will be bad. IMHO, go for the minimum toe & camber, front & rear, in the BMW spec range (or even less), & don't settle for that "within the BMW range" nonsense. Check the printout before you leave. And go to Atlantic, who are nice, do a great job, & are willing & able to work with a real driving fanatic. Even if you have to drive to the Garbage, I mean GARDEN, state.
Thanks Greg & Dennis!

Murf

PS: Greg can't drive a stick shift!! Me & a bunch of the workers had a good laugh about that.
__________________
"The Indian smiles, he thinks that the cowboy is his friend. The cowboy smiles, he is glad the Indian is fooled. Now he can exploit him"

Last edited by LittleBear; 01-31-2014 at 11:00 AM.
LittleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 03:27 PM   #184
rcsummers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suburbia, NJ
Posts: 3,865
My Ride: M3
i know theyre discontinued, but would you be able to get your hands on Falken FK452 in 275/30/19?
__________________
rcsummers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:39 PM   #185
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post
i know theyre discontinued, but would you be able to get your hands on Falken FK452 in 275/30/19?
Sure can, but I would have to get them shipped in from a warehouse in NH. Price would be more expensive at $250 each installed. Honestly the newer 453's would be cheaper if you wanted to upgrade. I know you really liked the 452's though.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 08:41 PM   #186
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBear View Post
Hello BMW Experts!
Here be my story about going to Atlantic Tire:
I went there about 2 months ago for 4 Hankook Noble2 tires and an alignment so my car would drive straight & not eat my tires prematurely. The tire price w/mount/balance was about the lowest I could find, but for years now I haven't been able to get a good alignment at a good price for the life of me. Either they won't do it to the specs I want (I think BMW specs suck), they can't do camber or rear toe well, whatever; the car always wandered & didn't track well. So I called Greg! He said sure we can do a good alignment, and with the purchase of 4 tires the price was good ($85.).
So Little Bear & I ran right over. Got tires, and asked Greg if I could speak with the alignment guy to show him the #s I wanted him to hit. To paraphrase Greg, he said, "well sure, but the guy is a little...scary" or something similar. So I went back & met Dennis, who had a bunch of bear claws (I think) hanging around his neck.
Dennis was a bit gruff! He said nobody ever asked him to align to specs other than stock, but he would do it.
To make a long story short, Dennis let me watch, and I got an excellent alignment which I have been enjoying for 2 months now. Everyone at the shop was cool, but they didn't really want Little Bear roaming around the work area for some reason! And Dennis turned out to be a very nice gentleman.
Moral of story: You can get the best tires around, but if the alignment is bad, the driving will be bad. IMHO, go for the minimum toe & camber, front & rear, in the BMW spec range (or even less), & don't settle for that "within the BMW range" nonsense. Check the printout before you leave. And go to Atlantic, who are nice, do a great job, & are willing & able to work with a real driving fanatic. Even if you have to drive to the Garbage, I mean GARDEN, state.
Thanks Greg & Dennis!

Murf

PS: Greg can't drive a stick shift!! Me & a bunch of the workers had a good laugh about that.
Thanks for the ringing endorsement! Sad to say that none of my cousins can drive a stick shift either and we were all raised in the business! You'd think we would have picked it up along the way, haha!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:20 PM   #187
rcsummers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suburbia, NJ
Posts: 3,865
My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ View Post
Sure can, but I would have to get them shipped in from a warehouse in NH. Price would be more expensive at $250 each installed. Honestly the newer 453's would be cheaper if you wanted to upgrade. I know you really liked the 452's though.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
What would it be for just the tires, only 2? No installation, just the 452's themselves.

I wouldn't need them installed since I'd be having my buddy stretch them onto my wheels.
__________________
rcsummers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 08:33 AM   #188
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsummers View Post
What would it be for just the tires, only 2? No installation, just the 452's themselves.

I wouldn't need them installed since I'd be having my buddy stretch them onto my wheels.
$225 each via local pickup. Might need a week to get these in though.


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:01 PM   #189
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Bump


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #190
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Up


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:52 PM   #191
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Bump


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 08:24 AM   #192
raptorman5174
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 809
My Ride: 330i ZHP
Hello Greg I need a couple of used tires size 255/35/18. do you have anything in that size?

email me at nickt5174@gmail.com

Thanks
__________________

18 VMR CSL's
Koni FSD's
Eibach Sport Spring's
UUC Power Pullies
Sprint Booster
CCV Delete

Last edited by raptorman5174; 02-25-2014 at 08:25 AM.
raptorman5174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 11:55 AM   #193
ars88
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 200
My Ride: BMW 3
need 4 preferably new 225/50/17 tires.
__________________
"Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning"
ars88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:51 PM   #194
jnoloc23
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: North Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 1
My Ride: 2010 328i
Hello Greg

Can I get some prices on 225/45-17 and 255/40-17's rft's

Thanks,
Jay
jnoloc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:57 PM   #195
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by ars88 View Post
need 4 preferably new 225/50/17 tires.
PM sent!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 06:48 PM   #196
jbretz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 81
My Ride: 01 325i
greg any chance i could swing down tomorrow and pick up a pair of 215/40/18's?
jbretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #197
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbretz View Post
greg any chance i could swing down tomorrow and pick up a pair of 215/40/18's?
I think all I have is a pair of used Kumho KH25's in stock, but feel free to swing by. Looking for anything in particular?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #198
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman5174 View Post
Hello Greg I need a couple of used tires size 255/35/18. do you have anything in that size?

email me at nickt5174@gmail.com

Thanks
Email sent!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:09 PM   #199
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ
Regional Sponsor
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 211
My Ride: 2008 745i
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnoloc23 View Post
Hello Greg

Can I get some prices on 225/45-17 and 255/40-17's rft's

Thanks,
Jay
PM sent!


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________


Atlantic Tire & Supply
1430 St. George Ave.
Avenel, NJ 07001

View our website at: http://www.atlantictirenj.com/

Follow us on FaceBook at: Atlantic Tire & Supply

Visit our eBay store at: http://stores.ebay.com/atlantictiresales?_rdc=1
Greg@Atlantic Tire NJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:25 PM   #200
jbretz
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 81
My Ride: 01 325i
used would be preferred because i need to try different sizes. ill stop in tomorrow around noon
jbretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use