E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-01-2014, 08:09 PM   #1
carcus

My Ride: 2006 BMW M5
Just established my NFA Trust Account.....WOOT!!!!

Serbu Super Shorty will be mine soon and now much less hastle to add stuff to my trust. I would suggest a trust account for class 3 items over just a normal ATF file. Pretty easy also, but cost me about $300. Well worth not going through all the passport pictures, Sheriff, fingerprints, wait time, filing.....

Last edited by carcus; 02-01-2014 at 08:10 PM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 01:28 PM   #2
david05111

My Ride: drei hundert dreißig
I'm confused. Do you mean you established an NFA trust? Or you established a bank account for an NFA trust? Or you signed up for ATF E-Forms in furtherance of using your NFA trust?

The trust will save you a bunch of hassle, but you're going to be waiting just as long as the rest of us. There's no significant savings of time between an individual filer and a trust filer. You're still looking at 9-12 months.

Now, that time can be shaved with eforms, but that's on the dealer in a form 4 case not on you. An storm file is probably 3-4 months and represents a significant savings of you don't want the physical stamp. But again, for a new serbu, that would be on the dealer to set up the account.

"You'll Never Walk Alone"

"Psycho Murican" -- beeemerdude of Canada
david05111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2014, 09:26 PM   #3
tailo

My Ride: 02 330I
We use efile to submit most of ours, last I heard come through as 97 days.

If anyone needs to set up a NFA trust contact me, I've been sending tons of business to a lawyer in Bristol VA who is very good and cheap to boot. He did my personal trust. $100 and he has it finished with in 24 hours.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 02:24 AM   #4
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by david05111 View Post
I'm confused. Do you mean you established an NFA trust? Or you established a bank account for an NFA trust? Or you signed up for ATF E-Forms in furtherance of using your NFA trust?

The trust will save you a bunch of hassle, but you're going to be waiting just as long as the rest of us. There's no significant savings of time between an individual filer and a trust filer. You're still looking at 9-12 months.

Now, that time can be shaved with eforms, but that's on the dealer in a form 4 case not on you. An storm file is probably 3-4 months and represents a significant savings of you don't want the physical stamp. But again, for a new serbu, that would be on the dealer to set up the account.
NFA Trust, the form 4 will be e filed. That is what will save me the time, not having the trust. For me, a NFA trust saved me lots of hastle.

Last edited by carcus; 02-03-2014 at 02:25 AM.
carcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 07:42 PM   #5
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Got my trust paperwork back today

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-11-2014, 09:48 AM   #6
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Got my trust paperwork back today

I have to wait till Thursday to file the form 4. Only one person knows how to use the program at my range and has the passwords....kinda lame.

I did read an article that Congress it trying to neuter a NSA Trust some time in June.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:00 AM   #7
NOVAbimmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcus View Post
I have to wait till Thursday to file the form 4. Only one person knows how to use the program at my range and has the passwords....kinda lame.

I did read an article that Congress it trying to neuter a NSA Trust some time in June.
Is that the proposed rules change? Last I heard, ATF received so many comments on it that all require written responses that they'll be bogged down until next year before they can actually enact the changes.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:34 PM   #8
carcus

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Is that the proposed rules change? Last I heard, ATF received so many comments on it that all require written responses that they'll be bogged down until next year before they can actually enact the changes.

I submitted my Form 4 and Trust paperwork yesterday via E File. My class 3 dealer said it should save 4 months over the paper version. Also said ATF apparently likes the E File, less manpower to process. They still assign an agent to each Form 4 submitted. Next, adding a 22LR silencer to the Trust that I can use with my HK MP-5 22LR and AR-15 22LR upper.
Old 02-13-2014, 06:36 PM   #9
NOVAbimmer

I'm probably going to order a Noveske chainsaw lower to engrave for an SBR this week