E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-14-2014, 10:35 AM   #21
NFRs2000nyc

My Ride: 2003 FormulaRedS2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
I get what you're saying, but punishing a child for the actions of a parent doesn't sound like the correct thing to do.

In Soviet Russia.......

No where did I imply anything of that nature. Again, all I'm saying is that punishing a child for the actions of an adult is not the right thing to do.
Wrong, oh so wrong. The child endangerment laws in the US are FAR FAR stricter than Soviet russia.

To the other point, I agree, the child is not at fault, but there must be a system, any system that makes it fair for those that are paying. Either have a 3 strike rule (child gets lunch 3 times with a letter to the parents each time, with a bill (plus a $20 service fee) and after the third time, the child gets cut off. Or, if you want to solve this problem, allocate the school funds appropriately and provide free lunch to kids PERIOD. I wonder if the teacher's union will take a 0.5% paycut to provide free lunch to the kids.
Old 02-14-2014, 10:37 AM   #22
evolved

My Ride: 2011 BMW 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFRs2000nyc View Post
Wrong, oh so wrong. The child endangerment laws in the US are FAR FAR stricter than Soviet russia.
'twas a joke, comrade.

Quote:
To the other point, I agree, the child is not at fault, but there must be a system, any system that makes it fair for those that are paying. Either have a 3 strike rule (child gets lunch 3 times with a letter to the parents each time, with a bill (plus a $20 service fee) and after the third time, the child gets cut off. Or, if you want to solve this problem, allocate the school funds appropriately and provide free lunch to kids PERIOD. I wonder if the teacher's union will take a 0.5% paycut to provide free lunch to the kids.
Totally agree that there should be a system in place to aid in fixing the problem.

Present
2011 BMW 135i - BSM
Past
2006 Mazdaspeed 6 GT, 2000 BMW 323ci, 2003 Evolution VIII, 1995 Nissan 240sx w/ SR20DET

E46Sig
evolved is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2014, 10:46 AM   #23
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolved View Post
'twas a joke, comrade.

Totally agree that there should be a system in place to aid in fixing the problem.
I know, but your joke did have a smidgeon of politics behind it, and the preconceived notion that everything is super harsh in Russia...and generally it is, you know, other than human rights violations. In Russia, you can kick babies down the street and no one would give a rats ass. The US values life and children far more than the government in Russia does. Hell, I don't even think Russia has an equivalent of our child protective services. You can beat your kids with freedom in Russia.

Glad we agree on the second part. I do feel bad for the kids, but I do think it is a mistake to attack the school for following a pre-set rule rather than blaming the parents for not taking care of the issue. Again, i understand that a parent may not be able to afford a school lunch (how much are they BTW?) but can you come up with a legitimate excuse as to why the parents didn't pack a lunch for the kid? Maybe the school can provide student accessible microwaves so that kids can warm up home packed lunches? Lots of possible solutions, but going after the school for something the parents did is also not right IMHO.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:16 AM   #24
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
Quote:
Is it fair for those students that ARE paying for it?
Life isn't fair.
Old 02-14-2014, 11:23 AM   #25
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
Life isn't fair.
Yea, I guess it isn't fair that the teacher's union gets their mandatory 4% annual raise while the poor kids in the schools are going hungry. Life sure ain't fair.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:38 AM   #26
5ynd1cat3

My Ride: swagger wagon
Quote:
If parents can't afford to keep their kids' account in check, then be a god damn parent and pack your child a lunch. Sh!t ain't rocket science.
Agreed, but even that's becoming an issue for parents who do act like parents and pack their kids' lunch. Remember this little gem?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...ealthy-enough/

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 02-15-2014, 09:48 AM   #27
NFRs2000nyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ynd1cat3 View Post
Agreed, but even that's becoming an issue for parents who do act like parents and pack their kids' lunch. Remember this little gem?

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2012...ealthy-enough/

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Well you can't fix stupid. Anyone that supports that is certifiable.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:58 AM   #28
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
Yea, I guess it isn't fair that the teacher's union gets their mandatory 4% annual raise while the poor kids in the schools are going hungry. Life sure ain't fair.
Hey man, sometimes teachers have to bring home work with them or work late! omg no one ever does that, they truly are heroes!

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 11:42 AM   #29
ashpelham

My Ride: 2005 325Ci
Someone has to suffer. If the parents don't have their kids fed, it's the parents fault. If the parents can't afford due to circumstances out of their control (highly unlikely), then who ever or what ever causes those circumstances is to blame.

I'm a homeowner and a parent, and America thinks my ilk should foot the bill for everything. Wrong again, sucker. Soak the rich.
ashpelham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #30
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDydinanM View Post
school lunches are healthy?
Quote:
Olson says that when a student’s account runs out of money, the district provides a sandwich, fruit, and milk in place of a hot lunch for at least three days.
So the issue, as usual with liberals, isn't that they're not given enough in exchange for nothing, it's that what they get for nothing isn't the best available.

Wtf is with a "hot" lunch? I had cold lunches about 98% of the days I went to elementary, middle and high schools. When did a free sandwich, free fruit and free milk become substandard?

Yes
----------------------------------------------
Xcelratr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 12:22 PM   #31
Lair
Modded ///Member

My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashpelham View Post
Someone has to suffer.
And in this case, it's children. Who cares if they're hungry or singled out and punished because their parents are losers? They should have been yanked out of better vaginas.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote