E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Political Talk

Political Talk
You may discuss anything regarding politics in this forum ONLY. If you cannot respect others opinions, your access to this forum will be removed.

Old 02-16-2014, 10:22 AM   #21
Lair
E46Fanatic

My Ride: 330ciC
True. A number of us wrongly assumed that justice would be served in Zimmerman's case.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Lair is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 10:39 AM   #22
Xcelratr

My Ride: 04 330Ci ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
Actually Dunn's lawyer cited SYG during his closing arguments.
Didn't know that. But they didn't use it as a defense, right? There was no prelim SYG hearing in an attempt to dismiss the case, and protect Dunn from further legal actions, right? And the issue wasn't his duty to retreat, it was whether he was reasonably in fear of injury/death?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabrio330 View Post
I too am baffled as to how he is convicted on attempted murder but NOT on murder, since the kid died. I know enough about the law to know sometimes it doesn't make sense, so haveto assume the prosecution did a poor job or they didn't have a smoking gun-level of evidence as required. To me, that he told his girlfriend to get in the car is proof that he knew he was wrong and was planning to flee. Did they actually flee the scene?

At least he was convicted on serious charges and hopefully will be sentenced to a long prison term. This case is in reality exactly what many people wrongly assumed about Zimmerman.
I disagree that telling the fiancé to get in the car and leaving are evidence of wrongdoing. I'd have gotten outta there too.

Seems to me there's a lot more wrong with the guy's story (about what he did after) that makes me wonder how honest he's being about what happened.

Yes
----------------------------------------------

Last edited by Xcelratr; 02-16-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Xcelratr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2014, 03:11 PM   #23
ti317

My Ride: 02 330ci coupe 5 spd
Quote:
I too am baffled as to how he is convicted on attempted murder but NOT on murder, since the kid died. I know enough about the law to know sometimes it doesn't make sense, so haveto assume the prosecution did a poor job or they didn't have a smoking gun-level of evidence as required. To me, that he told his girlfriend to get in the car is proof that he knew he was wrong and was planning to flee. Did they actually flee the scene?

At least he was convicted on serious charges and hopefully will be sentenced to a long prison term. This case is in reality exactly what many people wrongly assumed about Zimmerman.
This was another case of Angela Corey out of her mind. She wasted time and money with a first degree charge and apparently didn't even go for a lesser included instruction. I know she didn't try the case but the charges were out of her office, on her instruction.

As to the attempt murder convictions, those were second degree attempt convictions. Had Corey charged second degree, as she should have, it would have been guilty on all counts and a well deserved life sentence for Dunn.
Under Florida's 10-20-life law, he would have got life with a mandatory 25 before any thought of parole. He may still get life, or 60 years.
Old 02-16-2014, 03:21 PM   #24
ti317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
True. A number of us wrongly assumed that justice would be served in Zimmerman's case.
You see, in Florida we try to follow the LAW, not the polls.

I am puzzled as to why this case which screams racial motivation, has not got the attention from the "civil rights" advocates that it deserves?

There is little doubt in my mind that Dunn, lubricated with about 5 drinks from the wedding he attended, was angered by these "gangstas" with their loud music and chose to take it upon himself to teach them a lesson.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:05 PM   #25
Xcelratr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
This was another case of Angela Corey out of her mind. She wasted time and money with a first degree charge and apparently didn't even go for a lesser included instruction. I know she didn't try the case but the charges were out of her office, on her instruction.

As to the attempt murder convictions, those were second degree attempt convictions. Had Corey charged second degree, as she should have, it would have been guilty on all counts and a well deserved life sentence for Dunn.
Under Florida's 10-20-life law, he would have got life with a mandatory 25 before any thought of parole. He may still get life, or 60 years.
If in fact Dunn was charged with first degree murder, I agree he was mis-charged. Hard to argue premeditation in a parking lot altercation between strangers that probably lasted all of 60 seconds. Second degree murder certainly seems more appropriate.

But are you sure it was first degree? I've read 3 articles and none of them explicity state the hung charge was first degree murder.

Yes
Old 02-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #26
ti317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
If in fact Dunn was charged with first degree murder, I agree he was mis-charged. Hard to argue premeditation in a parking lot altercation between strangers that probably lasted all of 60 seconds. Second degree murder certainly seems more appropriate.

But are you sure it was first degree? I've read 3 articles and none of them explicity state the hung charge was first degree murder.
POSITIVE!
That stupid cow Angela Corey even gave a press conference after the verdict, vowing to retry the first degree charge.
Old 02-16-2014, 06:56 PM   #27
ti317

http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/15/justic...ial/index.html

Here's the link to CNN outlining the verdict.
Old 02-17-2014, 07:22 AM   #28
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
My favorite part of this is seeing the same idiots posting about this that were posting the same crap after the Zimmerman trial. No one knows anything, pure reactionary manufactured outrage. Also, these same people only seem to care when a black is killed by someone that isn't black. Funny how that works.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin

Last edited by Act of God; 02-17-2014 at 07:23 AM.
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 07:55 AM   #29
Lair
E46Fanatic

This particular murderer is goingto prison for 60 years on the temp charges. That's not an aoutrage. It's justice - the justice that Trayvon Martin was denied.

Why don't you just go ahead and kill a black kid yourself?

Maybe you'll stop your little race war after you get a little blood on your own hands.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.

Last edited by Lair; 02-17-2014 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 09:08 AM   #30
Cabrio330

My Ride: 2005 330cic ZHP
Quote:
This particular murderer is goingto prison for 60 years on the temp charges. That's not an aoutrage. It's justice - the justice that Trayvon Martin was denied.

Why don't you just go ahead and kill a black kid yourself?

Maybe you'll stop your little race war after you get a little blood on your own hands.
LOL, Trayvon Martin was denied justice? You should read up on this thread to learn how untrue that is:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=912470
Cabrio330 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 09:43 AM   #31
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
LOL, Trayvon Martin was denied justice? You should read up on this thread to learn how untrue that is:

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=912470
Trayvon was an unarmed kid whose only crime was walking through a neighborhood at night. He was stalked, accosted, and shot to death by a self-appointed vigilante.

Truth.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:04 AM   #32
Cabrio330

Quote:
Trayvon was an unarmed kid whose only crime was walking through a neighborhood at night. He was stalked, accosted, and shot to death by a self-appointed vigilante.

Truth.
Dear god you are delusional! How come the jury didn't see it your way? What is your conspiracy theory there?

By the way, walking through a neighborhood isn't a crime in most jurisdictions. But just to point out how you are wrong, that wasn't his "only crime." Had Trayvon not been stopped with deadly force that night, he would have been criminally charged with assault, battery, attempted murder, who knows. To the rare credit of the Florida DA, the state apparently decided it wasn't necessary to charge a deceased person.

Last edited by Cabrio330; 02-17-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:07 AM   #33
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Dear god you are delusional! How come the jury didn't see it your way? What is your conspiracy theory there?

By the way, walking through a neighborhood isn't a crime in most jurisdictions. But just to point out how you are wrong, that wasn't his "only crime." Had Trayvon not been stopped with deadly force that night, he would have been criminally charged with assault, battery, attempted murder, who knows. To the rare credit of the Florida DA, the state apparently decided it wasn't necessary to charge a deceased person.
With what crime? He was standing his ground after being stalked & accosted by a creepy ass cracker.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:09 AM   #34
phrozen06
NA V8

My Ride: E46, E92 M3, R32 VW
Send a message via Yahoo to phrozen06
Quote:

I'm glad we have 2 less thugs on the street. They needed to be killed. Lair get your head out of the sand.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

S65: 4.0 Liter, V8, 414 hp @8,300 rpm, 295 lb/ft @3900 rpm, 445 lb, DOHC, 12:1 C/R, crankshaft 44 lb, wet sump.
2 oil pumps,double vanos variable valve timing, EMS: MSS60, 8 electronically controlled individual throttle butterflies.
4 valves per cylinder, cracked trapezoidal connecting rods, brake energy regeneration. Ion-flow combustion monitoring.

phrozen06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 10:23 AM   #35
Cabrio330

Quote:
Originally Posted by phrozen06 View Post
I'm glad we have 2 less thugs on the street. They needed to be killed. Lair get your head out of the sand.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Geez, you are heartless! The kid in Jacksonville wasn't a thug and didn't deserve to die, and I am pretty sure you are the only person other than the defendant who thinks as you do. Trayvon didn't "need" to be killed either, if only he hadn't attacked Zimmerman.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:31 AM   #36
Xcelratr

Quote:
Originally Posted by ti317 View Post
http://www.cnn.com/2014/02/15/justic...ial/index.html

Here's the link to CNN outlining the verdict.
Thank you sir.

IANAL, but that doesnt make a lick of sense to me. His actions against everyone in the car were the same. The results were different, but that should be the difference between attempted murder and murder. Unless the kid that died is the one he was verbally engaged with and that is enough to qualify as premeditation?

It's good none of these kids attacked Dunn and savagely beat him for no reason the way TM did with GZ, since it makes all the difference in the world legally.

Now, if only one of these kids had killed 22 people by throwing popcorn at them while studying in Italy as captain of a cruise ship...

Yes
Old 02-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #37
Lair
E46Fanatic

Quote:
Trayvon didn't "need" to be killed either, if only he hadn't attacked Zimmerman.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:37 AM   #38
Cabrio330

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcelratr View Post
It's good none of these kids attacked Dunn and savagely beat him for no reason the way TM did with GZ, since it makes all the difference in the world legally.
inb4 Liar or phrozen claim the "reason" was because GZ was "stalking" TM, as if that is reasonable cause to attack someone!
Old 02-17-2014, 10:42 AM   #39
Lair
E46Fanatic

inb4 you claim it's reasonable and customary to follow strangers around in the dark with a gun in your hand.

Quote:
Are you following him?

Yes.
Congratulations.
Old 02-17-2014, 10:49 AM   #40
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
inb4 you claim it's reasonable and customary to follow strangers around in the dark with a gun in your hand.
He didn't have the gun drawn until he was on the ground being pounded. Facts escape you

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote