E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 293 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 08:18 PM   #81
ibd12nv
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by elfer View Post
Subscribed.

The must be the best written, most comprehensive product review that I've ever read anywhere on the web. Outstanding work, tstaroveski!

Thanks for doing this OP! Well done
ibd12nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 01:53 AM   #82
morgado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: portugal
Posts: 12
My Ride: MG ZT
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com View Post
I have in Inventory in the UK Now so ABout 1 Week it will be there
And No Import taxes ! From UK
VAT is Due 6.5% And thats all

Cheers

Sean
ok thank you

i just order 1 unit for the mg zt Hope everything goes ok
morgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 11:56 AM   #83
ePhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 23
My Ride: 99 323i & 04 325xi
So Sean is not hearing how the reverse camera is not the one advertised. Even in Tstaroveski review you'll notice the clear bracket. I had to destroy the oem light bulb housing and shave down the camera with a dremel to get it to fit. And even then it'll pop out every now & then.

Did anyone else had to do this to get it to install properly?

Anyone else getting their mirror link to work? (I'm currently on a Galaxy s4 running jellybean 4.3 yup his site does state it's not compatible w/ the unit but the site also states it's future proof)

Note w/ the mirrorlink (or magic link) it'll expose your photos/videos on whatever network you're on if you forget to turn it off. I noticed this when I was playing on my Playstation and wanted to connect to my computer and ended up seeing the phone.

Also, yes you do have the google play store but it just does not have much for Gingerbread.

Also note that the reverse cam. You cannot turn off the reverse lines. Which is annoying because the camera is not centered.

Speaking of video the crash cam. Is in some weird codec that adobe premiere can't decypher it. Also the video does not have audio. Can't turn off the bad GPS location and speeds. Was anyone able to get it to turn off?

Also, the "soft" shutdown. Is just a ploy. It doesn't properly shut down applications. I was able to beta test the Waze navi app. And they released it for gingerbread. If I turned off my car w/ Waze running it would reset the application and require me to login everytime. But if I shut down the app before turning off my car. It loads up properly. So the soft shut down probably only works for the apps that come w/ the unit and not anything else. Has anyone else have to do a factory reset? if so how often do you see yourself doing this?

Oh yeah the bluetooth mic that came w/ the unit? That cable is short. Really short. I had to wire it from the deck to go across my dashboard vs going under the glove. It ended up being about 9 inches too short from the rearview mirror. Was this the same for everyone else?

I seriously think that everyone is not voicing their opinion because they don't want to be blacklisted off any future updates. (which only 1 has been given and it was via e-mail/dropbox)

Heck maybe i'm having all these problems is because I'm streaming music from my phone via bluetooth. (I probably wouldn't have to if pandora/spotify was available for gingerbread) unless the problem is the google playstore is region specific?

Sean has been really good at responding to e-mails. I just fear that I'm the only one that's having these issues.

Also Sean back on 1/14 you said there was an update coming. It's 2/26. Where's this update?

Last edited by ePhan; 02-26-2014 at 11:59 AM.
ePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:15 PM   #84
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 67
My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ePhan View Post
So Sean is not hearing how the reverse camera is not the one advertised. Even in Tstaroveski review you'll notice the clear bracket. I had to destroy the oem light bulb housing and shave down the camera with a dremel to get it to fit. And even then it'll pop out every now & then.

Did anyone else had to do this to get it to install properly?

Anyone else getting their mirror link to work? (I'm currently on a Galaxy s4 running jellybean 4.3 yup his site does state it's not compatible w/ the unit but the site also states it's future proof)

Note w/ the mirrorlink (or magic link) it'll expose your photos/videos on whatever network you're on if you forget to turn it off. I noticed this when I was playing on my Playstation and wanted to connect to my computer and ended up seeing the phone.

Also, yes you do have the google play store but it just does not have much for Gingerbread.

Also note that the reverse cam. You cannot turn off the reverse lines. Which is annoying because the camera is not centered.

Speaking of video the crash cam. Is in some weird codec that adobe premiere can't decypher it. Also the video does not have audio. Can't turn off the bad GPS location and speeds. Was anyone able to get it to turn off?

Also, the "soft" shutdown. Is just a ploy. It doesn't properly shut down applications. I was able to beta test the Waze navi app. And they released it for gingerbread. If I turned off my car w/ Waze running it would reset the application and require me to login everytime. But if I shut down the app before turning off my car. It loads up properly. So the soft shut down probably only works for the apps that come w/ the unit and not anything else. Has anyone else have to do a factory reset? if so how often do you see yourself doing this?

Oh yeah the bluetooth mic that came w/ the unit? That cable is short. Really short. I had to wire it from the deck to go across my dashboard vs going under the glove. It ended up being about 9 inches too short from the rearview mirror. Was this the same for everyone else?

I seriously think that everyone is not voicing their opinion because they don't want to be blacklisted off any future updates. (which only 1 has been given and it was via e-mail/dropbox)

Heck maybe i'm having all these problems is because I'm streaming music from my phone via bluetooth. (I probably wouldn't have to if pandora/spotify was available for gingerbread) unless the problem is the google playstore is region specific?

Sean has been really good at responding to e-mails. I just fear that I'm the only one that's having these issues.

Also Sean back on 1/14 you said there was an update coming. It's 2/26. Where's this update?

Hi Ephan

In response

I have heard from some users that the cameras are causing a Displacement of the Bulbs , I am investigating a better camera but no final result yet

We are Waiting the next update from the factory. We have sent a report on our test unit and until it is finalized from the factory i cannot state exactly what will be updated. the Mirrorlink has been somewhat of a disappointment thus far and the factory has agreed that it required Uopdating

I can Say that we are going 4.X.X But until it is 1005 certain i cant comment. This Will solve the Google Store having more apps . We do not have Audio , its true.

Soft Shutdown is NOT a ploy. It may not be as Comprehensive as a Desktop in that it shuts dowmn your applications with warnings etc But Ic an assure you that the soft shutdown has very much limited the amount of crashes and start up issues experienced by those without it . I was a dynavin dealer to. Believe me ...........

There in Lies the problem , people push ME to tell them WHEN , I was very clear with anyone asking me and allow me to be very clear. Until; the factory tells me GO I dont release an Update. Yes I told you its coming , We have a "beta " unit now and I have made my evaluations on it.

Now its back with them to complete and do what they do.

AS for blacklisting anyone ! I RESENT that comment , I dont work that way. People are free to comment , email and ask. Do you honestly think that by threatening people that I wont send an update if they say something bad would work for even 5 minutes ? The truth is that we have very few issues. Especially in comparison to many others from the past. I dont know where you came up with that but it was personally insulting .
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:52 PM   #85
ePhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 23
My Ride: 99 323i & 04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com View Post
Hi Ephan

In response

I have heard from some users that the cameras are causing a Displacement of the Bulbs , I am investigating a better camera but no final result yet

We are Waiting the next update from the factory. We have sent a report on our test unit and until it is finalized from the factory i cannot state exactly what will be updated. the Mirrorlink has been somewhat of a disappointment thus far and the factory has agreed that it required Uopdating

I can Say that we are going 4.X.X But until it is 1005 certain i cant comment. This Will solve the Google Store having more apps . We do not have Audio , its true.

Soft Shutdown is NOT a ploy. It may not be as Comprehensive as a Desktop in that it shuts dowmn your applications with warnings etc But Ic an assure you that the soft shutdown has very much limited the amount of crashes and start up issues experienced by those without it . I was a dynavin dealer to. Believe me ...........

There in Lies the problem , people push ME to tell them WHEN , I was very clear with anyone asking me and allow me to be very clear. Until; the factory tells me GO I dont release an Update. Yes I told you its coming , We have a "beta " unit now and I have made my evaluations on it.

Now its back with them to complete and do what they do.

AS for blacklisting anyone ! I RESENT that comment , I dont work that way. People are free to comment , email and ask. Do you honestly think that by threatening people that I wont send an update if they say something bad would work for even 5 minutes ? The truth is that we have very few issues. Especially in comparison to many others from the past. I dont know where you came up with that but it was personally insulting .
You should take it personally. Because you're the only one that has access to the factory. When I ordered my product on Nov 1st i was at least expecting my unit by thanksgiving. Instead I got it on the 26th. And a nice note saying "Waiting is half the fun" Please note that you did not give me a date.

This post is to find out if anyone else is having the same issues I've had. I will fully apologize if others will vouch or disprove the problems i'm having. Until then it's the 5 month waiting game. Also a disclosure is I didn't buy 1.. I bought 2 units. And BOTH units had this issue. (one for an M3 w/ stock navi and one w/ out)

Seriously.. If steaming bluetooth was never the intention of this deck. Just say so because that's where all of my issues have stemmed from.

From the wireless reverse camera interfering w/ bluetooth


The phone on the deck bugging out


The mirror link as stated:


And now a new update.. and again no dates. Then again you already have my money.
ePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:25 PM   #86
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 67
My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Well I have learned a lesson.
I tried to interact with information i have as to When , They tell me , And then they change , it was also Supposed to be shortly after the Chinese new year , But that didnt pan out either. i KNOW they are working on it because I was sent a Beta with Some Updates done. For evaluation.
Believe me , if I could write the code , i would. We were delayed then Because of the pdate at that time. We had a HISS in the background that we were urgently pushing them to correct, this was discovered in a few units after they first started arriving from our October shipment. THAT was the delay . And the waiting comment was just something we exchanged and now you make it look like In had a cavalier attitude towards it. In reality I was up many nights with them trying to get them to urgently fix that as we had commitments !

What I don't like is you saying people will be blacklisted if they voice their issues. THAT I take as a personal insult.

there is Nowhere that says BT streaming is not a part of the features. it IS a feature. I have at least 200 units Out and ALL , are working very well . And Many use it , including our tech with his Iphone

I Agree with the slow updates but 1 Month of this wait has been the Chinese new year. NO One works. I want it as bad as you do. Probably more.

I DO NOT CONTROL THE RELEASE OF UPDATES I Only Contribute my opinions and wishlists


Quote:
Originally Posted by ePhan View Post
You should take it personally. Because you're the only one that has access to the factory. When I ordered my product on Nov 1st i was at least expecting my unit by thanksgiving. Instead I got it on the 26th. And a nice note saying "Waiting is half the fun" Please note that you did not give me a date.

This post is to find out if anyone else is having the same issues I've had. I will fully apologize if others will vouch or disprove the problems i'm having. Until then it's the 5 month waiting game. Also a disclosure is I didn't buy 1.. I bought 2 units. And BOTH units had this issue. (one for an M3 w/ stock navi and one w/ out)

Seriously.. If steaming bluetooth was never the intention of this deck. Just say so because that's where all of my issues have stemmed from.

Re: the Interfenrence We already determined Your friend and our techie on the same day, that the wireless camera transmitter receiver was interfering with your Galaxy S4 because they were both transmitting on 2.4 GHz frequency. You were refunded and you threw out the Kit. , Sorry we were not aware of this conflict. I doubt anyone was.

From the wireless reverse camera interfering w/ bluetooth


Is it still doing this? I was Not aware, Do you have the November 25th update on? No One I Know is having this problem.

The phone on the deck bugging out



Agreed , The S4's Mirrorlink was Updated and will not connect with the Older software, S3 is working. Factory has been made aware and acknowledged it. i HOPE it will be on the coming update.

The mirror link as stated:


And now a new update.. and again no dates. Then again you already have my money.

And I Will Not give dates For the reasons that you have displayed here , I am In Constant contact and it is coming . thats as far as I will go.

best regards
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:45 PM   #87
ePhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 23
My Ride: 99 323i & 04 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com View Post
Well I have learned a lesson.
I tried to interact with information i have as to When , They tell me , And then they change , it was also Supposed to be shortly after the Chinese new year , But that didnt pan out either. i KNOW they are working on it because I was sent a Beta with Some Updates done. For evaluation.
Believe me , if I could write the code , i would. We were delayed then Because of the pdate at that time. We had a HISS in the background that we were urgently pushing them to correct, this was discovered in a few units after they first started arriving from our October shipment. THAT was the delay . And the waiting comment was just something we exchanged and now you make it look like In had a cavalier attitude towards it. In reality I was up many nights with them trying to get them to urgently fix that as we had commitments !

What I don't like is you saying people will be blacklisted if they voice their issues. THAT I take as a personal insult.

there is Nowhere that says BT streaming is not a part of the features. it IS a feature. I have at least 200 units Out and ALL , are working very well . And Many use it , including our tech with his Iphone

I Agree with the slow updates but 1 Month of this wait has been the Chinese new year. NO One works. I want it as bad as you do. Probably more.

I DO NOT CONTROL THE RELEASE OF UPDATES I Only Contribute my opinions and wishlists





Re: the Interfenrence We already determined Your friend and our techie on the same day, that the wireless camera transmitter receiver was interfering with your Galaxy S4 because they were both transmitting on 2.4 GHz frequency. You were refunded and you threw out the Kit. , Sorry we were not aware of this conflict. I doubt anyone was.

From the wireless reverse camera interfering w/ bluetooth


Is it still doing this? I was Not aware, Do you have the November 25th update on? No One I Know is having this problem.

The phone on the deck bugging out



Agreed , The S4's Mirrorlink was Updated and will not connect with the Older software, S3 is working. Factory has been made aware and acknowledged it. i HOPE it will be on the coming update.

The mirror link as stated:


And now a new update.. and again no dates. Then again you already have my money.

And I Will Not give dates For the reasons that you have displayed here , I am In Constant contact and it is coming . thats as far as I will go.

best regards
Is it still doing this? I was Not aware, Do you have the November 25th update on? No One I Know is having this problem.

The phone on the deck bugging out


Nope it's not doing it anymore. And the main reason why I've held back on my comments for 5 months. It was just to show my frustrations.

Just let the factory know that your customers are getting annoyed and that it's hurting you and them. Just tell them this. seriously.. 5 months?

Like I said you've been outstanding in service. But the product missed the target. Seriously, I thought you had forgotten about me and this product when it got to the 3rd page of the forums.

Heck send me the beta. As of right now the unit feels like it's beta itself and I can help /contribute. They're about to release kit kat and Google's going to pressure distributors of Android be up to date on their units.

Heck it might even be a better approach to find another developer on XDA forums and pay them if they'd like to work on it. I'm just trying to find creative solutions to the problems we're all having. (or it's just me)
ePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:28 PM   #88
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 67
My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ePhan View Post
Is it still doing this? I was Not aware, Do you have the November 25th update on? No One I Know is having this problem.

The phone on the deck bugging out


Nope it's not doing it anymore. And the main reason why I've held back on my comments for 5 months. It was just to show my frustrations.

Just let the factory know that your customers are getting annoyed and that it's hurting you and them. Just tell them this. seriously.. 5 months?

Like I said you've been outstanding in service. But the product missed the target. Seriously, I thought you had forgotten about me and this product when it got to the 3rd page of the forums.

Heck send me the beta. As of right now the unit feels like it's beta itself and I can help /contribute. They're about to release kit kat and Google's going to pressure distributors of Android be up to date on their units.

Heck it might even be a better approach to find another developer on XDA forums and pay them if they'd like to work on it. I'm just trying to find creative solutions to the problems we're all having. (or it's just me)
the unit is far from Beta , Most units are out of date the moment they hit production , the same as Computers and phones !
Actually Someone just asked me last week if we were going to 4.4 !

We had 2 units Bricked with the "help" of developers. And been down the patch road too , actually the original Dynavins units were offered with a patch from a developer in Romania , And we had several people that tried to add it to some units and permanently damaged them.

I will NOT advise anyone to add any firmware other than factory sanctioned. Of course you all own your own units , if you choose to do that thats your affair but basically you are on your own !

I have never had anyone fire off like this so if there are others. I want to know too. if you are looking for the perfectly functioning 100% of the time Electronic, you won't find it. We Will be updating , that is without doubt. When Exactly , I cannot and will not say until i know for certain.

But everyone that is affiliated with our units will be offered the updates without exception. Even YOU , even though you spoke your mind in public ! LOL No one is "black listed" It is part and parcel of our commitment and I have a list and email and contact info for every unit purchased.

I Do not put updates on the website because with units being pure android , people could misapply them.

I understand your impatience , but better that than what some others do (without naming names) , THEY used everyone as Guinea pigs by releasing units at will without being able to update old units with non functioning or poorly functioning features.
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 08:19 PM   #89
pdatskos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2
My Ride: M3
My new Navall E46-RN502

I bought the Navall E46-RN502 for my 2004 M3. I ordered the unit and a rear camera on 2/23/2014. I have to say that the whole experience was very good. Dealing with Sean was a pleasure. He was very responsive and helpful. The service was outstanding.

I received the unit on 3/1/2014. Everything looked good but noticed the USB cable was missing. I emailed Sean and he told me that he will put it in the mail.

Installing the unit was not very hard but it took some time for me to do that. I have been using the unit for 10 days by now. I haven't used a Android device before (I use an iPhone). I installed the wired rear camera on 3/8/2014. That was harder thane I expected. I had to take apart a bunch of things, trim the camera frame, and I used Si adhesive to secure it It seemed to work fine, the radio reception is good, BT works fine, hot spotting to my iPhone works great.

After installing the camera I did had an error message about Google Services Framework. Maybe just a random thing. I reset the unit and it appears to work fine. Sean helped me reinstall Primo. I'm pretty pleased with the unit and the excellent service.

1) I still have trouble with the night LEDs coming on. I noticed that every day at around 5pm (still daylight out) the lights are on and the display back light is controlled by the night setting. After about an hour they are off and stay off and the display back-light is controlled by the day setting.

2) The navigation works well. However, I noticed that when the radio its hard to hear the nav directions since radio does seem to stop. Maybe I am missing a setting?
pdatskos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #90
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 67
My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdatskos View Post
I bought the Navall E46-RN502 for my 2004 M3. I ordered the unit and a rear camera on 2/23/2014. I have to say that the whole experience was very good. Dealing with Sean was a pleasure. He was very responsive and helpful. The service was outstanding.

I received the unit on 3/1/2014. Everything looked good but noticed the USB cable was missing. I emailed Sean and he told me that he will put it in the mail.

Installing the unit was not very hard but it took some time for me to do that. I have been using the unit for 10 days by now. I haven't used a Android device before (I use an iPhone). I installed the wired rear camera on 3/8/2014. That was harder thane I expected. I had to take apart a bunch of things, trim the camera frame, and I used Si adhesive to secure it It seemed to work fine, the radio reception is good, BT works fine, hot spotting to my iPhone works great.

After installing the camera I did had an error message about Google Services Framework. Maybe just a random thing. I reset the unit and it appears to work fine. Sean helped me reinstall Primo. I'm pretty pleased with the unit and the excellent service.

1) I still have trouble with the night LEDs coming on. I noticed that every day at around 5pm (still daylight out) the lights are on and the display back light is controlled by the night setting. After about an hour they are off and stay off and the display back-light is controlled by the day setting.

2) The navigation works well. However, I noticed that when the radio its hard to hear the nav directions since radio does seem to stop. Maybe I am missing a setting?

Hi pdatskos,
Have you Checked the Light settings in the Settings/Display ?


the Navigation not muting is a Igo/Primo glitch , I Can send you a modification that will somewhat correct it. Just to point out that it is not a problem with the hardware or the head unit firmware but rather the Primo, If you were to install another program like Copilot or the like then it would be different

Best regards and thank you again

Sean
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:23 PM   #91
pdatskos
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2
My Ride: M3
I have been using the Navall E46-RN502 for a few days now. The unit is working great!! Sean continues to provide an excellent service and responds very fast. Thanks Sean!!!
I am very pleased. The LEDs lighting the buttons are also on at night and the LED option seems to match the of light color in the instrument panel. The radio reception is great, the WiFi works fine and it connect to my iPhone hotspot.
pdatskos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 07:24 AM   #92
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 67
My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdatskos View Post
I have been using the Navall E46-RN502 for a few days now. The unit is working great!! Sean continues to provide an excellent service and responds very fast. Thanks Sean!!!
I am very pleased. The LEDs lighting the buttons are also on at night and the LED option seems to match the of light color in the instrument panel. The radio reception is great, the WiFi works fine and it connect to my iPhone hotspot.
Thank you pdatskos !
thank you for a Smooth transaction and please countn on our support into the future. We will keep you abreast of updates as they come available !

Sean
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 02:39 PM   #93
ePhan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Denver
Posts: 23
My Ride: 99 323i & 04 325xi
Looks like an apology is in order. My bad Sean. It looks like my frustrations are just mines.

Maybe it's just me or something in my phone settings but is anyone having their device "take over" the head unit while connected via bluetooth? (I'll upload a video of what I mean tonight) ie You have music playing in the background via bluetooth/pandora. And when you get a notification it'll jump out of it. Instead of just playing the sound it jumps out of the navigation screen and goes to the bluetooth audio screen?

Or better yet. Try this exactly. Go to music select bluetooth as the source. On your phone play Pandora. After this works. Go to your navi. (igo/google nav) Now on the steering wheel hit the next track button.

The unit works great when I started downloading music on to an SD card instead of streaming it via bluetooth/cell data.

And yeah my annoyances have been very minor.
ePhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 04:58 PM   #94
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 67
My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Quote:
Originally Posted by ePhan View Post
Looks like an apology is in order. My bad Sean. It looks like my frustrations are just mines.

Maybe it's just me or something in my phone settings but is anyone having their device "take over" the head unit while connected via bluetooth? (I'll upload a video of what I mean tonight) ie You have music playing in the background via bluetooth/pandora. And when you get a notification it'll jump out of it. Instead of just playing the sound it jumps out of the navigation screen and goes to the bluetooth audio screen?

Or better yet. Try this exactly. Go to music select bluetooth as the source. On your phone play Pandora. After this works. Go to your navi. (igo/google nav) Now on the steering wheel hit the next track button.

The unit works great when I started downloading music on to an SD card instead of streaming it via bluetooth/cell data.

And yeah my annoyances have been very minor.

Hi Ephan

No need for that ! you put out a lot of money and you want it to work
its understandable.
ill leave the rest to the members with units
Sean
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:04 PM   #95
Jarrettm3
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Tampa
Posts: 72
My Ride: m3
any news on that update?
Jarrettm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #96
iWeldonJ
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pasadena
Posts: 212
My Ride: 325Ci
Update?
__________________

Last edited by iWeldonJ; 04-01-2014 at 01:19 AM.
iWeldonJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:59 PM   #97
morgado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: portugal
Posts: 12
My Ride: MG ZT
Update?
morgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 08:06 PM   #98
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Past Site Sponsor
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Canada
Posts: 67
My Ride: E46
Send a message via Skype™ to RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com
Not Yet, I am asking every day !
RADIOGUY @ bmwradios.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:36 PM   #99
BonesXX
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Dixie
Posts: 25
My Ride: Vert
Sean, would it be possible to add your WinCe unit to the comparison chart on the first page. This is the only OS I am looking at and I am sure there are others as well. Yours has some features that others don't and vice versa so It would be really helpful to those of us not looking at Androids

Last edited by BonesXX; 04-02-2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Sp
BonesXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 06:08 PM   #100
morgado
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: portugal
Posts: 12
My Ride: MG ZT
update ?
morgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
android, e46-rn502, head unit, mirrorlink, navall

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use