E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-29-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
rev4turbomonster

My Ride: toyota
very frustrated dynavin d99 owner please help

Several problems I need help with please.

First problem is with WiFi the unit keeps scanning and then says unable to scan networks and switches off I have tried resetting the unit and trying to do a factory reset which I don't think works as it is not removing the apps I installed . I also tried to reflash the firmware with the dynavin update but it doesn't seem to do anything so i must be doing something wrong. Please can you technical wizards help resolve this as at the moment I think I may have to send the unit back and I really don't want to.

Also I have broken my GPS aerial any idea where I can buy a new one from?

Really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Matt
rev4turbomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:42 AM   #2
Lassen90

My Ride: 1994 E220
Quote:
Originally Posted by rev4turbomonster View Post
Several problems I need help with please.

First problem is with WiFi the unit keeps scanning and then says unable to scan networks and switches off I have tried resetting the unit and trying to do a factory reset which I don't think works as it is not removing the apps I installed . I also tried to reflash the firmware with the dynavin update but it doesn't seem to do anything so i must be doing something wrong. Please can you technical wizards help resolve this as at the moment I think I may have to send the unit back and I really don't want to.

Also I have broken my GPS aerial any idea where I can buy a new one from?

Really appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks

Matt
Hello. I have the exactly the same problem with mine. But I cant get it a flash or nothing so I am stuck with my problem. Have you got any solution to it? Or someone else got?
Lassen90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 01:19 AM   #3
turbo_f22_pilot

My Ride: 2 pedals - 2 paddles
There are several trobleshooting threads. The threads are long, but a lot of info is in there. You will get answers to most questions and increase your knowledge for future issues shoiuld they arrise.

Dynavin Android
Dynavin D95

Dynavin D99 (Android / WinCE)

As well as contacting the vendor you purchased your unit from for assistance.

Joy is future proof
Get your "M" on . . .
Reading is FundaM3ntal

CAR:
2003 TIAG Coupe / Blk Interior / SMG / HK Premium
MODS:
EU-CSL Coded / Macht Schnell intake / OEM CSL Wheels / OEM CSL Diffuser / Dinan Exhaust
Full LED Conversion / HID fog / Aurora AE / RE RTAB FCAB

BMWCCA NCC

Last edited by turbo_f22_pilot; 01-31-2012 at 01:25 AM.
turbo_f22_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:25 AM   #4
Lassen90

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_f22_pilot View Post
There are several trobleshooting threads. The threads are long, but a lot of info is in there. You will get answers to most questions and increase your knowledge for future issues shoiuld they arrise.

Dynavin Android
Dynavin D95

Dynavin D99 (Android / WinCE)

As well as contacting the vendor you purchased your unit from for assistance.
I've read up and down all of those threads but it seems that this isn't a regular problem. But again it seems like it is not that unusual for android phones. But the biggest problem for me is that the sd card that followed the player isn't formated propertly and would not work to update the unit so I can install a fresh install. I've tried to contact my supplyer but he hasn't answered me in a few days now. And when I live in Norway and he in the US i hope I dont have to send the unit back,do somebody have a problem to format the sd card? I've tried with easeus with no luck.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:39 AM   #5
turbo_f22_pilot

My Ride: 2 pedals - 2 paddles
Also, if they don't cost that much, buy another SD card and see if you can format it and get the unit to recognize it.

There are several threads with the SD card formatting issue.

Here has some info about formatting;
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=892583
and
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...886222&page=13 (near the bottom)

Joy is future proof
Get your "M" on . . .
Reading is FundaM3ntal

CAR:
2003 TIAG Coupe / Blk Interior / SMG / HK Premium
MODS:
EU-CSL Coded / Macht Schnell intake / OEM CSL Wheels / OEM CSL Diffuser / Dinan Exhaust
Full LED Conversion / HID fog / Aurora AE / RE RTAB FCAB

BMWCCA NCC

Last edited by turbo_f22_pilot; 01-31-2012 at 02:41 AM.
turbo_f22_pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:55 AM   #6
listermint

My Ride: E46 M3 '02
Are you sure the Wifi adaptor is okay?

I had the same issue with a wifi adaptor i bought, i bought it because it was smaller than the one supplied. gave out similar symptoms to what you are describing.

try another adaptor
listermint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 02:59 AM   #7
Lassen90

In the android software it will not show the mac address to the wifi card so it can be something wrong with it, but I plugged it in my computer and the it work fine so I dont think so. But I bougth 2 new ones on ebay and a 3g modem that supports android 2.2 so maybe that will work, because this unit is useless without internet. And I will probably buy another 2 gig card and try to use that.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:21 AM   #8
rev4turbomonster

My Ride: toyota
To reflash firmware format memory card to fat 16 with 64k file allocation do this in ease us make the card primary and active then copy firmware files to the card and away you go. That worked like a charm for me and I have also managed to get a new GPS aerial cheap so chuffed to bits just need to sort out poor Bluetooth phone call audio going to try moving the Mic and also just using the internal Mic as well things are improving though
rev4turbomonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
Lassen90

Quote:
Originally Posted by rev4turbomonster View Post
To reflash firmware format memory card to fat 16 with 64k file allocation do this in ease us make the card primary and active then copy firmware files to the card and away you go. That worked like a charm for me and I have also managed to get a new GPS aerial cheap so chuffed to bits just need to sort out poor Bluetooth phone call audio going to try moving the Mic and also just using the internal Mic as well things are improving though
Okey thanks.. I will try this when I get home.
Old 03-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
Harkoon

My Ride: M5
How does the Wifi adaptor look ? Is it the one with HSDPA written on it ? Where does this wire up ?? have to configure ? Have the same issues on my D99 .. It only says: unable to search network .. But the only adaptor that i could find in my box was the adaptor for the steering wheel controls and the one with a sim card slot and HSDPA written on it (usb stick) ..

Help please , this unit it useless without internett access ..
Harkoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:42 PM   #11
Cretster

My Ride: E90 320D
As has been said - the correct formatting technique MUST be followed for the SD card for a flash to happen.
I had problems with this and then got the right method from one of the two guys who do the custom roms, and it worked perfectly straight after doing that.

Dynavin is a very frustrating device potentially and is never going to be 'perfect' but with a certain amount of patience and effort can be a great thing to have.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:09 PM   #12
cyborgxxl

My Ride: Mercedes C220
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cretster View Post
As has been said - the correct formatting technique MUST be followed for the SD card for a flash to happen.
I had problems with this and then got the right method from one of the two guys who do the custom roms, and it worked perfectly straight after doing that.

Dynavin is a very frustrating device potentially and is never going to be 'perfect' but with a certain amount of patience and effort can be a great thing to have.
Can you tell me the correct technique? I've tested FAT16 64k, FAT16 32k and FAT32 but nothing worked for me...
cyborgxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #13
cyborgxxl

My Ride: Mercedes C220
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborgxxl View Post
Can you tell me the correct technique? I've tested FAT16 64k, FAT16 32k and FAT32 but nothing worked for me...
ok, i've solved the problem.

I used "EASEUS Partition Master 9.1.1" to format my SD-Card to 2048MB (the full 16GB didn't work) - FAT16 - Cluster Size 64kb - and then i've marked the partition as "active". thats it!
cyborgxxl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:26 PM   #14
BigDRick323
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2000 323i
Still having issues with my formatting and installing android side. I reformatted 2gb sd card that came with dynavin unit, partitioned and formatted it according to everything I have seen here and then put into my unit, nothing happens. The unit just starts up as if nothing has changed.

-1983 Grey 528e (Given to Charity) -1995 Champagne Toyota 4Runner (Friend Totaled) -2000 Black 323i (From DD to Project Car) -2011 Black Toyota Prius III (DD)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/780058
BigDRick323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 04:09 AM   #15
XX7

My Ride: All
Uhhh, I am one more customer with problematic device.
After few days of research I found it that I have device with D99+ WinCE.
Possible need for firmware update, but I cannot find firmware anywhere.
Any help?
XX7 is offline   Reply With Quote