E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2014, 10:22 PM   #1
kdoubt

My Ride: 330i
Question [help] Aftermarket GPS Head Unit AS-E46 by A-sure(?). Any documentation?

I just purchased my new to me '04 330i and its got a deck in it which looks great with the way the dash flows into the display however I've been extremely frustrated with it.

I believe from the research online that its the following product

http://www.a-sure.com.hk/products/Ca...325-763-1.html

And took this from the "help" menu:

It may be different as the display menus are different (not sure where or if it needs a software updated)

Does anyone else have this deck? Anyone know where to find more information?

Much appreciated.

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-02-2014, 01:31 AM   #2
kdoubt

I've found what looks to be similar but from another vender and using a different model number/series.

Theres a WinCE version and an Android version.
WinCE: http://www.carnaviplayer.com/bmw-3-s...ead-unit-p-851
Android: http://www.carnaviplayer.com/android...bmw-e46-p-1078

If I had to guess I would say ease of use is likely leaning more towards the WinCE experience. (Especially since the site "highly recommends" the Android upgrade)

Would be great to know where to attain software to reflash to the latest and best OS.

Last edited by kdoubt; 03-02-2014 at 01:33 AM.
kdoubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 10:53 AM   #3
kdoubt

This thread is turning into a reference thread for myself. Hop it's useful to others as I'm still trying to figure out how to update.

Here is a video review of something similar, and what appears to be the same menus etc. not exactly sure how to make sure WinCE is updated.

And a "secret" menu for additional settings. Let's call this the BIOS.

Still digging. If anyone has any suggestions I invite you to chime in.

Cheers.
-K
Old 03-02-2014, 11:11 AM   #4
kdoubt

I've found a site that deals with the patch as well as a small tutorial that (I haven't tried yet) had some software to grab the details about the head units hardware. You can also purchase the patch which is all I've seen so far.

Http://wincepatch.com/tutorials

Can anyone tell me if you can upgrade WinCE5 to WinCE6? Or must I get the patch for the pre installed OS?

Someone chime in, WinCE is certainly spelled right--- jeeeeeez
Old 03-02-2014, 12:12 PM   #5
kdoubt

After dealing with this good for nothing menu system and finally figuring a way to get the "safe flippin drive, oh sorry you cant see the map" message that you cant close, I was able to click in the upper left hand corner which appears to bring up yet another menu and throws the message to the background for maybe a minute before coming back.
All of this takes place on the NAVI side of the head unit btw.

And was finally able to see model info on this side. Will update when I get the board types.

Last edited by kdoubt; 03-02-2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: resized images
kdoubt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 02:03 PM   #6
kdoubt

I was able to remedy the "Drive Safe" message by resetting the Head Unit to factory defaults. I was unable to find a way to do this otherwise. If you're looking yourself, dont bother. Reset the bastard.

Tags
a-sure, as-e46, deck, head, unit