E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Ask a Site Sponsor

Ask a Site Sponsor
Ask a site sponsor a question, request pricing on products or suggest a group buy!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 02:17 PM   #1
AjiiE46

My Ride: 2005 BMW 325i
ECS Tuning?

So I ordered a few parts for my car and the total came up to $600.46 after shipping on the site but on my card I was charged $684.48. Does anyone know why I was charged extra? I sent them a email but haven't got a response yet. Any feedback or responses will be appreciated and I thank you in advance.
AjiiE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
cvx5832

My Ride: 325Ci, 325Cic, C300
You're in Canada. I imagine its either duties or shipping related.

cvx5832 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #3
AjiiE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvx5832 View Post
You're in Canada. I imagine its either duties or shipping related.
But wouldn't they usually provide these types of information on the site? I guess I'll just give them a call on Monday. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:15 PM   #4
mr ilia

My Ride: 04 BMW 325ci 5spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by AjiiE46 View Post
But wouldn't they usually provide these types of information on the site? I guess I'll just give them a call on Monday. Thanks.
lol....Is this your 1st time online shopping experience? You did not know the posted prices were in us$?

Call your credit card company and them for details. ESC Tunung charged your card for your total in u$. Your credit card does not accept straight u$ charges, so the cc company made the currency conversion transaction from c$ to u$. ECS has nothing to do with this, so do not bother them about it.

Last edited by mr ilia; 03-02-2014 at 05:17 PM.
mr ilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 05:55 PM   #5
AjiiE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr ilia View Post
lol....Is this your 1st time online shopping experience? You did not know the posted prices were in us$?

Call your credit card company and them for details. ESC Tunung charged your card for your total in u$. Your credit card does not accept straight u$ charges, so the cc company made the currency conversion transaction from c$ to u$. ECS has nothing to do with this, so do not bother them about it.
Ahhh crap, lol that makes sense. I totally forgot about the currency rate. Thanks a lot! I was just a little confused because websites usually change the currency to CAD at the very end.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:21 PM   #6
JapanRot325ci

My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
i was in the same position too when i first order from ECS tuning. bought everything and noticed it was all in US currency before i entered my infos.

hate to break the news but i ordered from ECs tuning twice and both time the delivery man came to my house gave me the package then charged me for duty/tax fees...pretty much kills the deal

since you also live in Toronto, check out autopartsaway.com they're a Canadian based site. good prices and quality.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:34 PM   #7
AjiiE46

Yeah.. I didn't know I have to pay duty / tax when they deliver as well.. Wow!
Old 03-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #8
ECSTuning
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW
AjiiE46 did you confirm the pricing was the exchange reflection by your credit card company? I'd be happy to look on our end to make sure the system didn't error on you, just shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll take a look at the order for you.

JapanRot325ci - Duties, customs, brokerage fees, etc is why I typically suggest the Cana Ease Saver shipping as it is our only shipping option that takes care of it all for you.

-James

Have questions? Need answers? Live Chat us! 8:30am to 12:00am Midnight EST
sales@ecstuning.com | customerservice@ecstuning.com
Customer Service Hours: M - F 8:00am - 8:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST
Sales Team Hours: M - F 8:00am - 11:00pm EST | Saturday: 10:00am - 7:00pm EST | 800.924.5172
Do you love surveys? Click HERE to take our Customer Satisfaction Survey!
ECSTuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 10:36 AM   #9
AjiiE46

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECSTuning View Post
AjiiE46 did you confirm the pricing was the exchange reflection by your credit card company? I'd be happy to look on our end to make sure the system didn't error on you, just shoot me a PM with your order number and I'll take a look at the order for you.

-James
Hey thanks! I'll PM you my order number. I did an online currency exchange but it still didn't add up to what I was charged on my credit card, which was 684.40. The delivery was suppose to happen on Friday but since I wasn't at home they left a notice with $280.77 circled. I'm really hoping the $280.77 isn't my duty / tax fee's. They should be coming around again today for a 2nd delivery so I'll just have to see.