E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning

Driveline, Engine & DME Tuning
Talk about driveline improvements, NA tuning and DME tuning your E46 BMW here. This includes diffs, intakes, exhausts, chips, software and OBD tuning.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 10:58 PM   #1
2004ci

My Ride: e46 325ci Vert
325ci tune+exhaust tips?

Any recommendations for tune and/or exhaust for my 04 325ci? 79,000 miles on the odometer, engines in great shape. Would like to gain 35 hp…
2004ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 02-28-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
nleksan

My Ride: 328Ci, 325i, 740i
Send a message via AIM to nleksan
Top of the line SS headers treated by Swaintech, cat delete, with something like the Eisenmann Race full header-back setup, with anything from a Shark Injector to a custom dyno tune and you are going to be extremely lucky to net even half of what you want in terms of power.

I didn't gain much more than that from an increased compression, 100 percent complete top to bottom motor build (comparing NA to NA), relative to the FBO state my car was already in.

That's skirting with the 5-figure price barrier, not including the custom Lysholm setup, and on a 328Ci no less (the M52TuB28 is the easiest non-M E46 motor to get power out of IME).

Point - NO SUCH THING AS CHEAP POWER in these cars!

- DPE - Apex - BBS - PFC 6/4 2pc BBK - KW Clubsport - PowerFlex -
- M-Tech - Rogue Engineering - Ground Control - Odyssey -
- Hotchkis - AFE - UUC - AKG - Dinan - VAC - TC Kline -
- TMS - OS Giken - SuperSprint - Vorsteiner - Recaro - Samco - Fluidyne - MORE! -
GARAGE:
- 2000 328Ci Topaz 6MT-Swap ZSP/ZPP/ZCW/HID/HK (Street/Track)
- 2001 325i TiAg 5MT/ZSP/ZCW (Street)
- 2006 M3 ZCP AW/IR 6MT/ZCP/HID (Street)
nleksan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 02:34 AM   #3
2004ci

My Ride: e46 325ci Vert
I hear ya. The more I look into it the more I think I'll put the 3-5k in improvements into a down payment on an e46 330i this fall. New plan for my gorgeous 325ci is a matte black vinyl wrap, tinted windows & brake lights, chrome exhaust tips, cold air intake, and MAYBE some suspension mods to smooth out the ride. The car is in such immaculate condition I don't think I'll mess with the drivetrain much.
2004ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 03:28 PM   #4
gtbmw123

My Ride: 325ci e46 04
your car are manual or auto? if it is manual swap a 3.46 diff, get ebay headers, and sharked it, i thinks this are the only mods worth it, they take off 0.5 of my 1/4 times

Last edited by gtbmw123; 03-01-2014 at 03:28 PM.
gtbmw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #5
ReeceEngM54

My Ride: E46 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by nleksan View Post
That's skirting with the 5-figure price barrier, not including the custom Lysholm setup, and on a 328Ci no less (the M52TuB28 is the easiest non-M E46 motor to get power out of IME).

Point - NO SUCH THING AS CHEAP POWER in these cars!
What about the M54b30? Do you say its easier to get power increases from the M54b28Tu's because the M54b30's come closer to being maxed out?

And what did you bump your compression ratio up to?

And what method do dyne tuners use to access the ECU? I thought software to do that was not readily available.

Last edited by ReeceEngM54; 03-03-2014 at 12:42 PM.
ReeceEngM54 is offline   Reply With Quote