E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 238 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-02-2014, 08:46 PM   #481
m3richie

My Ride: M3
Does the S150 have RCA's for sub woofer output?
m3richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 07:19 PM   #482
Bishopgoldy

My Ride: '05 M3 '92 325is
To get aux in do I need the 3.5mm to rca adapter???

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Bishopgoldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 09:11 PM   #483
Ironman273

My Ride: 2003 BMW 530i
Well, it looks like after some trouble with my car I will need to trade it for a new one. Is anyone interested in a E39 Avin unit with only a couple months of use? Make me an offer. I still have the original box and everything that came with it.
Ironman273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 10:57 PM   #484
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishopgoldy View Post
To get aux in do I need the 3.5mm to rca adapter???

Yes

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:04 AM   #485
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
Hey guys the question about warranty has come up recently and I wanted to clarify it a bit. Some of you guys have known me for awhile or have chatted with know that I try to help any way I can. That applies to the warranty of any AVIN unit too. If there are issues with the unit and if it is covered under warranty we will do our best to take care of it as soon as possible.

That being said there are a few things that are not covered under warranty:

If you have kids and they pour milk down the dvd loader slot and it completely frys the unit that would not be covered under warranty.
Do not try to insert the mini CDs that come with the wifi adapter and Bluetooth OBD2 adapter into the DVD loader slot as it will get stuck. Those mini CDs are only meant to be used with your computers tray loading cd/dvd drives.
Each unit comes with Two security seals on them. Please do not try to open the units case and brake those seals as that would void your warranty.
Any tampering to the hardware or software will also void your warranty. Software tampering meaning trying to root the unit. This can brick the unit making it completely unrecoverable or cause lots of other problems like loss of sound and more.

Just use the unit normally like you would a factory navigation system and if it needs to be serviced we will be happy to honor and repair or replace the unit under warranty.

www.avinusa.com

email: tommy@avinusa.com

///M3Evolution Dynavin Android Rom
AKA: m3evolution

http://www.youtube.com/user/AVINUSA

$50 OFF BMW E46 Avant-2 Coupon Code: e46fanatics

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 03-07-2014 at 03:05 AM.
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 03:12 AM   #486
tommy@avinusa.com

I would like to share with you guys a feature that we have recently tested with the AVIN unit and the Valentine One radar detector.

http://www.valentine1.com/v1info/v1connection/android/

The current AVIN unit supports connection with the Valentine One Radar detector and displays the radar information on the AVIN touchscreen. Now you can install the Valentine One radar in places where potential thieves can not see it and still have access to the radar indicators and bogey count. You would need the V1Connection Bluetooth module and then pair it with the AVIN unit. We tested it with the YaV1 app available for download from the Google Play store and it works great.

If anyone has questions about this feature or anything about the AVIN unit feel free to live chat with us directly from our site.

http://avinusa.com/bmw-e46-full-andr...on-system.html

Description of the YaV1 free app:

YaV1 (Yet Another V1 application) enhances the capabilities of your Valentine One Radar Locator when used in conjunction with the V1Connection Bluetooth adapter, and allows you to tailor its performance to fit your driving style.
Improve your Situational Awareness with:
* 3 View types - a classic V1 style, a detailed frequency Alerts view, and a Filtered view that allows you to set your own criteria
* Onscreen speed and bearing display
* SAVVY emulation to automatically silence any alerts below a specified speed limit
* GPS-based lockouts to permanently ignore known falses
* Drift adjustable dynamically while running
* Define your own "In The Box" frequency ranges for high-priority alerts, display filters, or automute parameters
* Voice alerts enabled per defined box
* Set your own sounds for audio alerts on your phone
* Background mode can display an overlay view with alert on top of other foreground applications
* Log your alerts and export them into Google Maps for later review or to match them up with footage from a dashcam
Fine-tune your Valentine One:
* Create and manage Profiles of V1 settings that can be pushed to the V1 with the tap of a button
* Enable European mode and configure Custom Sweeps to maximize your reactivity to threats specific to your region

Here is a link to the YaV1 Android app if you guys want to check out what it can do.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....franckyl.yav1

www.avinusa.com

Old 03-07-2014, 11:35 PM   #487
Statham27

My Ride: BMW 330ci M trim
Would you recommend this unit. I've been debating for weeks on which one of these units to get. Eonon GM5105, Dynavin D99, Andrive AN46, Avin s150, Avin AA-BE46. I really like the Eonon interface and new handheld remote, for the price it seems like the best choice if there aren't any major bugs. Also curious to know if the sound is comparable to a an alpine or pionner brand, Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.***65279;
Statham27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 03:58 PM   #488
Haug523

My Ride: Bmw E39 523
I have now installed the rooted version of the Firmware i got from Tommy and i'm really happy now cause Wavesink works on the unit now, which mean i got Dab on the unit

Haven't played to mutch around with it yet, but if anyone else is going to install this, don't panic if the Google Market app isn't in the app's list, it wasn't on my unit, just took a reboot and there it was
Haug523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 05:52 PM   #489
Mad_Scientist

My Ride: '04 325Ci
can you clarify for me.. i stopped reading at page 12.. what version of android are we running? i mean. 4.4 just came out and im not really intested in going back to gingerbread. not to mention that android 5 will be out soon and will replace JIT with ART. that should let a slower processor keep up with the times a bit better.. how far are we going to be able to push the hardware in this thing??

also, does it have an accelerometer built into it??

if you guys release a quad core version with high speed data logging, and maybe even give us some way to logg external sensors, id be interested in paying more for it. Something that can play movies for the wife at the same time im logging lambda and performance parameters as well as keeping all the phone stuff at the ready. this would be one sweet unit that would do it all so to speak. and be very helpful when doing serious performance tuning. ie no need to install external logger or keep a laptop hooked up all the time.
Mad_Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:03 AM   #490
glacket

My Ride: 2002 BMW 330i
I see the new avant series is in stock and shipping on the 31st. are there any hardware updates? ram, cpu Etc.?
glacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:46 PM   #491
Dr3wX5

My Ride: X5 3.0i
Tommy,

Any news on the software update ETA?
Can you share what improvements or bug fixes will be implemented into this update?

Thanks
Dr3wX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:47 PM   #492
Dr3wX5

My Ride: X5 3.0i
Tommy,

Any news on the software update ETA?
Can you share what improvements or bug fixes will be implemented into this update?

Thanks
Dr3wX5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 05:35 PM   #493
Bishopgoldy

My Ride: '05 M3 '92 325is
You have to email him.

Bishopgoldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #494
EthanHunt

My Ride: BMW Sedan
Hey guys I'm looking for a high quality OEM look-a-like aftermarket sat nav for my 3 series for a while now. There are different ones available like Erisin, Eonon, Dynavin and this Avin. Until now the Dynavin was my favorite, because of the authentic design and its elegant UI design. That is very important for me, because I don't want to destroy the elegant and serious look of the E46. I don't like the toy-like UI design the most of this aftermarket sat navs have. But now I found the Avin and it looks great to me so far. I read the whole thread now, but there are still some questions. I hope you can clarify for me:
  • Does the Avin has a real browser or is it just for using Google Maps, Google Play and so on?
  • Is the Avin only compatible with this T-Mobile 3G Internet USB modem, or am I able to use an Internet modem from another company?
  • What is the difference between the Full Android MNS and the S150? I studied the whole site, but didn't get it. Except the S150 has got the better hardware right? But why is it 200 $ cheaper?
  • Am I able to install another nav software, or can I only use the pre-installed one?
  • I live in Germany and my original BMW Professional CD displays the radio station names. Does the Avin displays them too?

Some say there is and upgrade version of this navigation system. Can anybody confirm that and what are the differences/improvements to the older version?

I said before the UI Design of the Avin is my favorite in comparison to the other system that can be found on the market. But if I can place a wish I would like to have a more OEM like design. Maybe like the I Drive design you can find in the new BMW models. It is classy, elegant and serious. That would be really great! The other systems on the market may be cheaper, but I am interested in paying a higher price for a better and more OEM like high quality product.
EthanHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:48 AM   #495
ryanng2

Hey Tommy,

Just visited the AvinUSA website and notice that the Avin Avant-2 with android 4.1.1 is coming soon. Do you happen to know when this will come out? Please let me know.

Thanks
Ryan
ryanng2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 01:48 AM   #496
ryanng2

- Duplicate *delete*

Last edited by ryanng2; 03-20-2014 at 01:49 AM.
ryanng2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 02:42 AM   #497
tommy@avinusa.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanng2 View Post
Hey Tommy,

Just visited the AvinUSA website and notice that the Avin Avant-2 with android 4.1.1 is coming soon. Do you happen to know when this will come out? Please let me know.

Thanks
Ryan
We are currently out of stock but will be getting new units in the 2nd week of April. We hope start shipping out the new units then.

www.avinusa.com

Old 03-20-2014, 11:41 AM   #498
Walter_

My Ride: 2004 325 SMG coupé
Hi Tommy, could i use the Resler ibus usb stick on the system?
With the right car frond end software/app you can control the steeringwheel buttons, lights, windows and other things in your car, on touch screen or by voice controle.
Is there someone who can write such software?
And can the avant 2 handle this?

Like this: _nr_
Walter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:32 AM   #499
Mad_Scientist

My Ride: '04 325Ci
im not super impressed with the hardware specs, but i understand for cost reasons.

Warranty 1 year US warranty
Android OS Version Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean
Full Android System Yes
CPU 1.0 GHZ Dual Core
RAM 1.0 GB RAM
Nand Flash 4GB = 4096MB
Start Time 2 seconds*

for comparison, the Note 3 uses a quad core 2.3ghz snap dragon processor, has 3 gb of RAM and 32 gb of on board storage, as well as a stand alone Adreno 330 graphics processor. ... cost is approx $700. im bettering the screen in teh note cost more as well.

cost for the avant 2, which is essentially an android tablet in a case to fit our dash, is 900... when you throw in the extra parts needed for the radio functions, id say price wise its a little high, but not to much. would like to see better components in the hardware, and then im buying.. so.. maybe avant 3 for me.

Last edited by Mad_Scientist; 03-21-2014 at 10:01 AM.
Mad_Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 09:43 AM   #500
Bigo1087

My Ride: 2006 M3 ZCP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Scientist View Post
i just want to know what the hardware specs are. i mean if this thing is sporting a 4 year old processor, i dont want it. the Biggest reason im intersted in this is because its android, but android is constantly evolving. i dont want a unit that i cant upgrade to the newest version of android. ART support is paramount as android 5.0 will be out before you know it. If its got a quad core processor along the lines of what the Note 3 or other high end smart phones run, then im definately buying. How much RAM? how much on board storage? Any kind of graphics processor???
Here ya go...Quoted from his response on M3F (i hope no one minds)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3evolutions View Post

Hey Guys we are releasing our new model the Avant-2 AA-BE46 this coming April.

Here are some of the new features:

Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
1GHZ Dual Core CPU
1GB RAM
Multi touch capacitive touchscreen
Higher Resolution (1024x600)
Support for USB external hard drive
Mirrorlink like function support for Android phones and tablets.
Support for AirPlay / DNLA
Support RDS
Bluetooth Handsfree phone calls
Bluetooth OBD2

Because of the new hardware the price will go up to 899.99 but if you order now at the current price you will be upgraded to the new unit for FREE.

We will be updating our website soon with the new Android 4.1 information. The price will be updated at that same time.

2006 IB ZCP. TCKline S/A, Vorshlag Camber Plates, BMW SSK, H&R Front Swaybar, Intrvaee II, HID Fogs, OEM ZCP Wheels 245/275.
Bigo1087 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
android, avant, avin, dynavin, eonon, m3evolution