E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > BMW Regional Forums > Regional Forums > Southeast

Southeast
Have you seen another BMW while driving around in your area? Maybe you can find their car in the E46Fanatics Garage!
AR AL GA FL KY LA MS NC SC TN

If you don't have your garage setup, sign up today HERE

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 7 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 03-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #721
shtoli

My Ride: 325i
Oh damn, missed caffeine and octane. So now Im definitely going to the mountains. sunday is looking the best but saturday will be good too. my buddy is bringing his rx-7.
shtoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 08:11 AM   #722
BrettLinton7

My Ride: 05 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by shtoli View Post
Oh damn, missed caffeine and octane. So now Im definitely going to the mountains. sunday is looking the best but saturday will be good too. my buddy is bringing his rx-7.
If a few people were down to go Sunday afternoon, the weather forecast looks nice- 68' high and a 20% chance of rain
Old 03-04-2014, 11:31 AM   #723
shtoli

thats what I was thinking too.
Old 03-05-2014, 10:56 AM   #724
Mrob

My Ride: '01 3-Pedal 330i
I am down for a mountain run this weekend. Post on here where to meet and what time and I'll be there.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:52 PM   #725
shtoli

Id like to see how many people are actually gonna show before we set a meeting place. Also Id like to know where youre coming from to get a middle spot. Everyone in North Ga already can meet at a QT or something outside the city before we drive up. Brett you should see if some guys from the rotary forums would like to some too. If any of you are on the FB groups, let them know, I dont have an account anymore. It would be nice to have at least 10 cars show up. For extra motivation I gotta turn myself into jail on tuesday So this will be the last weekend I get to drive with everyone until july. Hope Ive guilted you all into coming.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:49 PM   #726
BrettLinton7

Quote:
Id like to see how many people are actually gonna show before we set a meeting place. Also Id like to know where youre coming from to get a middle spot. Everyone in North Ga already can meet at a QT or something outside the city before we drive up. Brett you should see if some guys from the rotary forums would like to some too. If any of you are on the FB groups, let them know, I dont have an account anymore. It would be nice to have at least 10 cars show up. For extra motivation I gotta turn myself into jail on tuesday So this will be the last weekend I get to drive with everyone until july. Hope Ive guilted you all into coming.
Tommy with the silver RX8 said he might make it. I'm sure we could pick up another local rotor head or 2 also.

How about we plan on meeting up Sunday afternoon (3/9) at 2 PM at the Dahlonega Home Depot here. We'll leave at 2:30 and head towards Dahlonega.

Then we can do a drive like this?

I do this run with just my wife quite a bit, so I think we should go with this, tweak the time if need be, and whoever comes is good.

How does this sound? If it's alright with you guys I'll put it on a few local forums and on Facebook.

Last edited by BrettLinton7; 03-05-2014 at 02:51 PM.
BrettLinton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:58 AM   #727
Thatguyjamal

My Ride: 02 330i
So I'm a newb to the Bimmer scene. Just got an 02 E46 330i pushing 220k. It was a steal and I needed a car. No judgement! Anyway, I was reading and saw a couple mentions about track days, meet ups, Caffeine and Octane, and some shops that specialize in our rides. Fill me in! I'm in Gwinnett btw.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Thatguyjamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 07:06 AM   #728
wirishjr

My Ride: 2002 BMW M3
Yep
wirishjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:43 PM   #729
BrettLinton7

I have 2 more rotary people that are planning on making it out Sunday afternoon, I say let's stick with the 2 PM time and head for the hills by 2:30. Everyone come out if you're able, the weather is supposed to be nice!

Also, anyone know someone with a dark blue e46 sedan in Dawsonville with an e46 Fanatics decal on the rear quarter window? Whoever you are, I'm digging your wheels.
Old 03-06-2014, 12:49 PM   #730
inferno nexus

My Ride: 2003 325i AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrettLinton7 View Post
Also, anyone know someone with a dark blue e46 sedan in Dawsonville with an e46 Fanatics decal on the rear quarter window? Whoever you are, I'm digging your wheels.
Could be Hector45. See his signature on previous pages. I think he works in the dawsonville area...
Old 03-06-2014, 02:20 PM   #731
BrettLinton7

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno nexus View Post
Could be Hector45. See his signature on previous pages. I think he works in the dawsonville area...
That looks like him... Very clean car.

Last edited by BrettLinton7; 03-06-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-06-2014, 03:26 PM   #732
Gus330vrum

My Ride: 330ci
Quote:
Gus you can rent it. Youre local so if you want to just meet somewhere thats straight. Its $80, and Im down to help if you need it. And yes, lets get something together for this weekend. 62 is correct. there is a nice loop to take.
Thanks men! I'll hit you up when ever I need to rent it. Always nice to know someone w the tool for a one time job! Yeaa you can help! Extra 2 hands ( brain) always make it much faster..

Soo yea am down for the mountain drive this weekend. (:

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Gus330vrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:24 PM   #733
imDerpz

My Ride: 2002 330xi
Wish yall were doing this saturday. Next time

Quote:
I have 2 more rotary people that are planning on making it out Sunday afternoon, I say let's stick with the 2 PM time and head for the hills by 2:30. Everyone come out if you're able, the weather is supposed to be nice!

Old 03-07-2014, 09:00 AM   #734
BrettLinton7

Quote:
Originally Posted by imDerpz View Post
Wish yall were doing this saturday. Next time
Sorry to hear, maybe we could plan one a month or so away that won't be on such short notice and do it on a Saturday.

FYI- for any of you planning on showing up for this, don't forget that time changes Sunday morning and goes ahead 1 hour.
Old 03-07-2014, 10:27 AM   #735
Hector45
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 OB 330i
Quote:
That looks like him... Very clean car.
Yes sir thats me! thank you for the compliment. Its a long drive every day from Buford to Dawsonville, I'm always on the lookout for fellow E46's.

I'm planning on making it out there for the sunday run. I'm more of a cruiser than a speeder so hopefully I can keep up!
Old 03-07-2014, 10:40 AM   #736
BrettLinton7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector45 View Post
Yes sir thats me! thank you for the compliment. Its a long drive every day from Buford to Dawsonville, I'm always on the lookout for fellow E46's.

I'm planning on making it out there for the sunday run. I'm more of a cruiser than a speeder so hopefully I can keep up!
Nice! My boss and I were out to lunch when I saw your car, otherwise I would have slipped and left a note or something. I look forwarding to meeting you Sunday.

I just bought my e46 a few weeks back, so I don't really plan to push it since I don't quite know it's boundaries yet. I'm hoping for a somewhat leisurely drive with some curve hugging thrown in.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #737
Hector45
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2002 OB 330i
Quote:
Nice! My boss and I were out to lunch when I saw your car, otherwise I would have slipped and left a note or something. I look forwarding to meeting you Sunday.

I just bought my e46 a few weeks back, so I don't really plan to push it since I don't quite know it's boundaries yet. I'm hoping for a somewhat leisurely drive with some curve hugging thrown in.
Sounds good to me

Were you eating at the Sonic?
Old 03-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #738
inferno nexus

Quote:

How does this sound? If it's alright with you guys I'll put it on a few local forums and on Facebook.
You should post it up on the facebook groups soon for a bigger turnout
Old 03-07-2014, 12:31 PM   #739
BrettLinton7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hector45 View Post
Sounds good to me

Were you eating at the Sonic?
We had to drop something off at the accountants at the far end of those office buildings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by inferno nexus View Post
You should post it up on the facebook groups soon for a bigger turnout
I put it on a few groups I know about but I don't know a lot.

I did Atlanta Mazda Owners Club, Mountain Madness, Atlanta Vw/Audi/Bmw/Porsche/Volvo/ Buy,sale,trade Meets, North Georgia car enthusiasts.. those are the only once I know of right now.

If you know of any more local ones, let me know or relay the info!

Last edited by BrettLinton7; 03-07-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:33 PM   #740
inferno nexus

Quote:
We had to drop something off at the accountants at the far end of those office buildings.

I put it on a few groups I know about but I don't know a lot.

I did Atlanta Mazda Owners Club, Mountain Madness, Atlanta Vw/Audi/Bmw/Porsche/Volvo/ Buy,sale,trade Meets, North Georgia car enthusiasts.. those are the only once I know of right now.

If you know of any more local ones, let me know or relay the info!
Ok I'll put it on ATLBimmers and A-Town M-club for u