E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions

Site Feedback/Questions/Suggestions
Do you have feedback/questions/ideas/suggestions about the site? Post them here.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:31 AM   #1
cosmos///m3

My Ride: 2005 JB/IR ZCP ///M3
General Question Towards Forum "Rules"

So... lets say a certain member were to be unaware of a particular forum rule and it is brought to the attention to an admin/mod. At the time that member was in the wrong, but the reasons in which the admin/mod blames member for is actually incorrect.

The admin/mod was under the wrong assumption... the "incident" was pertaining to a totally different time and fact, but yet the admin/mod has the power to rule against a member ban him and go as far as to reach out to other forums and try and get a member banned in other forum communities as well??

I am just curious how one mistake... both can be in blame here for mistakes, yet he is banned from providing and retaining valuable knowledge from the BMW community?

Just seems to me you would get a warning rather than a perma ban to be fair. Both sides being butt hurt over nothing...
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:35 AM   #2
TheDeadner

My Ride: 00 323i
I suppose when you start your own forum you can do anything you want. Otherwise you are at the mercy of the admin/mods.
TheDeadner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
cosmos///m3

That is understandable. I just find it odd that a admin/mod would go out of their way and reach out to other forums just to try and ban a member for something that wasnt actually fully understood and that admin/mod was incorrect in his full assumption as well.

Childish I guess...
Old 03-07-2014, 11:40 AM   #4
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Most of the time you guys have no idea what goes on with certain members in the view of all of the moderators. We do make a lot of treads on members and decide what actions to take. We get a ton of reports each and every day from members and when complaints start getting repetitive to the same member we take action. There's also different things we see that you guys might not see that raises a flag for us.

We had to ban many members here that contributed a lot. Yes, they did have many useful threads, etc but the way they acted otherwise even after numerous warnings that went unnoticed inevitably resulted in bans (temporary or permanent)
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #5
Solidjake
Zero. Oil. Leaks.

My Ride: 2002 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post
That is understandable. I just find it odd that a admin/mod would go out of their way and reach out to other forums just to try and ban a member for something that wasnt actually fully understood and that admin/mod was incorrect in his full assumption as well.

Childish I guess...
As for what you are referring to I personally have no idea about it. If it relates to a mod here PM them with Tim CC'd in and handle it from there.
Solidjake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:52 AM   #6
PapiOcho

My Ride: CRV
I can't speak on how a MOD functions or their mission statement because I've never been one. Nor do I think I will ever have enough or make enough time to be one.

But I've been a member to meny meny forums. This below sentence is reaching a little if factual.

I don't see how being a knucklehead and deserving to be banned from one forum also get's you banned from every forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmos///m3 View Post

go as far as to reach out to other forums and try and get a member banned in other forum communities as well??
Sooo.. let's say we as a community enjoy trolling other forums. And the result is a ban from that particular forum. Should those same people be banned from this forum?

I've never taken part in this BUT this forum has thread specifically for trolling other forums.

Just thoughts..

EDIT: DISCLAIMER: I don't have an first hand knowledge of the activating events that lead to banning or this thread.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by PapiOcho; 03-07-2014 at 12:17 PM.
PapiOcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 12:08 PM   #7
cosmos///m3

All solid points. He was far from being someone who trolled the forums. Like stated there was one incident in particular where he broke the rules on this forum, wasn't aware. Admin reacted in which he should have... but also implied to something that wasn't 100% factual which was a mistake on his end. Banned member also informed admin/mod using choice words, but nothing anybody wouldn't say face to face kinda deal... but there was no warning or ban period? Then reached out to other forums for this reason as well... which resulted in another ban that had nothing to do absolutely nothing to do with what happened here?

Not trying to stir the pot, just trying to understand reason for reaching out to other forums and flexing your "internet" muscle. For a member that is known to be helpful?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:29 AM   #8
tim330i
Owner/Admin

My Ride: 03 Ti Silver M3
I assume you're talking about Brad? I was incorrect about who he was working for but he pretended to not know why he was blocked from the site yet was caught red handed selling parts. Yes I was wrong on the details but that is cutting hairs. Either way there is no warning when someone who works for a tuning company sells parts on the site without sponsorship. My fellow forum admins feel the same way and we all try to look out for each other. Had Brad owned up to it and talked to me about sponsorship the entire issue could have been avoided.

Tim
tim330i is offline   Reply With Quote