E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 3.60 average. Display Modes
Old 03-10-2014, 02:23 PM   #341
Teddy7

My Ride: slides
Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelfvinyl View Post
the way to get around that is to never lift , sounds cliche but if you constantly floor it the wheel speed should stay the same, but round one is in about 2 weeks , should atleast have the diff welded and a hydro ,

btw dont you have one , did you take out one speed sensor to not mess with the abs when using the hydro?

round 2 i should have if not all the parts for the new motor , only thing im worried about is if i end up having to take the car to houston for wiring
Lol, I never do lift during that vid with the open diff. If you don't continuously throw the car's weight with an open diff, it doesn't matter if you are flooring it, the car will eventually straighten up.

I only have a welded diff, no hydro. I never use the ebrake. I have the speed sensor pulled though. I just feint(Scandinavian flick) the car into drift. As time goes on and my entry speeds climb, I might start initiating with the ebrake. Just would be unnecessary at this point.
Old 03-11-2014, 12:50 PM   #342
topshelfvinyl

My Ride: e46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teddy7 View Post
Lol, I never do lift during that vid with the open diff. If you don't continuously throw the car's weight with an open diff, it doesn't matter if you are flooring it, the car will eventually straighten up.

I only have a welded diff, no hydro. I never use the ebrake. I have the speed sensor pulled though. I just feint(Scandinavian flick) the car into drift. As time goes on and my entry speeds climb, I might start initiating with the ebrake. Just would be unnecessary at this point.
cool well it will help you more than you know , it can push you deeper into angle if you use it right not just for initiation , because of the amount of weight you can toss these pretty easy and they follow , try gaining more speed / tape the e break and clutch kick , then floor and hold , if you shallow out tape the ebrake to keep you sideways., left foot brake too once your comfy with it ,
topshelfvinyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #343
topshelfvinyl

well diff has been welded , tested it last night did awesome , ill see if i need to take the wheel sensor or the fuse for the event to disable abs
Old 03-18-2014, 11:43 AM   #344
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
I only use my hydro to save my ass, or to be lazy, or if I'm just not good enough to do it without it haha. I try and extend everything with throttle and then using big angle to slow me down. I drove this past weekend as well.

Last edited by Activ3; 03-18-2014 at 11:43 AM.
Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:56 PM   #345
Teddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activ3 View Post
I only use my hydro to save my ass, or to be lazy, or if I'm just not good enough to do it without it haha. I try and extend everything with throttle and then using big angle to slow me down. I drove this past weekend as well.
Glad we're on the same page regarding the hydro David. New paint job is dude. I drove Greencove's Drift & Mud day this weekend as well. Your advice regarding using angle to scrub speed helped me so much during transitions this weekend. The speeds are much faster for me at Greencove when compared to OSW since the Greencove sweeper put me in 3rd gear. Should have video and pics to post in this thread soon.

Last edited by Teddy7; 03-18-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Teddy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #346
topshelfvinyl

nice , i like it , ill be in houston for a 2 day drift event this week , pretty stoked. no hydro as it did not come in yet but that will be ready for round 2
Old 03-18-2014, 03:35 PM   #347
Teddy7

Quote:
nice , i like it , ill be in houston for a 2 day drift event this week , pretty stoked. no hydro as it did not come in yet but that will be ready for round 2
Good luck man
Old 03-19-2014, 08:03 AM   #348
Teddy7

Still waiting on the go pro footage, but here is a picture one of the photographers took from this weekend.

Old 03-19-2014, 10:12 AM   #349
Flop

My Ride: '04 330Ci 6MT
Quote:
Still waiting on the go pro footage, but here is a picture one of the photographers took from this weekend.

[pic]
SLR angle kit? Nice shot, and nice angle!
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 10:49 AM   #350
Teddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flop View Post
SLR angle kit? Nice shot, and nice angle!
Nope, just ebay angle adapters. Thanks!
Old 03-19-2014, 12:41 PM   #351
topshelfvinyl

Quote:
Nope, just ebay angle adapters. Thanks!
tie rod spacers?

ill be ordering cut knuckles? you should add me on facebook

zaquan henry .

there around 150 hopefully under 200 shipped and done
Old 03-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #352
Teddy7

Quote:
tie rod spacers?

ill be ordering cut knuckles? you should add me on facebook

zaquan henry .

there around 150 hopefully under 200 shipped and done
http://m.ebay.com/itm/171201948216?nav=SEARCH
Old 03-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #353
topshelfvinyl

hmm interested i wonder how much i could get out of using those plus cut knuckles , they didnt post it but what is the angle your receiving? have you measured?
Old 03-19-2014, 01:30 PM   #354
Teddy7

Quote:
hmm interested i wonder how much i could get out of using those plus cut knuckles , they didnt post it but what is the angle your receiving? have you measured?
I haven't measured it, but it's obviously quite a bit more than stock. I know for a fact you won't be able to use these if your knuckles are not stock. These adapters use the original tie rod and control arm locations to mount to the car. Then your tie rod goes into a new third hole that is closer to the center of the hub. I had to cut down my inner tie rod just to get the tie rod short enough to bolt up into the new pickup location.
Old 03-19-2014, 02:05 PM   #355
Activ3

My Ride: gets DRIVEN.
Send a message via AIM to Activ3
Quote:
Glad we're on the same page regarding the hydro David. New paint job is dude. I drove Greencove's Drift & Mud day this weekend as well. Your advice regarding using angle to scrub speed helped me so much during transitions this weekend. The speeds are much faster for me at Greencove when compared to OSW since the Greencove sweeper put me in 3rd gear. Should have video and pics to post in this thread soon.
Thanks! Glad I could help. How was green cove? I've considered driving there, but I wasn't too fond of the layout. OSW is being repaved right now, so if I can afford tires for Nopi I might drive one of the days...

Activ3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #356
Teddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Activ3 View Post
Thanks! Glad I could help. How was green cove? I've considered driving there, but I wasn't too fond of the layout. OSW is being repaved right now, so if I can afford tires for Nopi I might drive one of the days...
Yea I heard about the repaving.

I loved Greencove. Granted, I don't have much experience to judge the layout, but I loved the amount of speed you can carry through corners due to their size. Sure there is a suggested line, but they don't discourage drivers getting creative with their lines since there is asphalt everywhere. You can just make up a line in your head and go for it. The crowd seemed to enjoy when I started changing up the line.

The crowd was pretty large, and drivers were super chill and nice. You can get tons of runs in, and it's cheaper than OSW. If I go drifting next month, it'll be out at Greencove again. Mainly because Greencove costs $50 where OSW NOPI costs $75 or $100 day of.

Don't get me wrong. OSW is a good time, but they keep adding more and more regulations which continue to push the budget drifter(me included) away. I completely understand where they are coming from in regards to safety, but Greencove(while arguably less safe) just let me go out and drive after a brief tech inspection. OSW wants me to install a harness bar and fire extinguisher before letting me drive. I know for a fact that OSW's tech sheet is a huge factor contributing to people avoiding that track. It was actually being talked about in casual conversations by people out at Greencove.

Last edited by Teddy7; 03-19-2014 at 02:47 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 09:50 PM   #357
Teddy7

Here's some of the footage from my 2nd drift day. As I get more I'll post it.

Last edited by Teddy7; 03-19-2014 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 11:38 PM   #358
Rezist09

My Ride: 325i sedan
Where do you order the nrg hub,steering wheel?.
Web
Rezist09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 11:43 PM   #359
Flop

My Ride: '04 330Ci 6MT
Quote:
Have any pics of them installed? Hard to tell from the pics in the eBay ad. Do they adjust the roll center like the SLR adapters do? i.e. do they lower the mounting point of the LCA to the knuckle? Thanks!
Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 07:29 AM   #360
Teddy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezist09 View Post
Where do you order the nrg hub,steering wheel?.
Web
Both my hub and steering wheel are MOMO. I bought the hub directly from MOMO online, and the steering wheel is a MOMO mod 08 that I bought brand new in package from seller who never installed it on his car from ebay.