E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-09-2014, 10:53 AM   #161
jinwu57

My Ride: bmw325 ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by YOLO89 View Post
Man that's a great motivation for one another. I'm finally just starting to diet today shooting for a show mid to end of April.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Update?

I just mentally started dieting for a show in June.
jinwu57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 10:50 PM   #162
YOLO89

My Ride: Hooptie
Anyone in here do Men's Physique shows?

Some stuff came up so I won't be able to do a show till either late July or August. Currently I'm at 185lb I bulked up to 200lb diet hasn't really been on point 70/30 clean and bad haha

Last edited by YOLO89; 04-09-2014 at 10:51 PM.
YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2014, 09:26 AM   #163
jinwu57

That means you have all summer to diet... Awesome! The main reason I'm doing this show in June is because having that goal will make sure I don't go into bulk mode during the summer. Lol

Old 04-10-2014, 11:31 AM   #164
YOLO89

My Ride: Hooptie
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinwu57 View Post
That means you have all summer to diet... Awesome! The main reason I'm doing this show in June is because having that goal will make sure I don't go into bulk mode during the summer. Lol

Yeah idk if that's a good thing or bad I can cut weight and lean out quick once I'm 100% on the diet.

Haha yeah that's good I mean summertime we gotta look our best.

YOLO89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:59 AM   #165
jinwu57

So I was supposed to do a show in June, but I was made aware of an earlier show right in my town. This was 3 weeks ago...lol. So basically, I'm going into this show with 3 weeks of hardcore dieting. I feel flat as feck, but definitely lost a lot of weight....muscle and fat. 2 days out! pics later.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:06 PM   #166
jinwu57

update...my show was on 5/10/14. Competed in a local natural show and won 1st place in my class(A) and overall in men's physique. I have no f*cking clue how I won overall cause there were tons of dudes in better shape- bigger, leaner, and most were shredded as fock.

Overall winners:
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...25658166_o.jpg

Me in transition during posing:
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...40534556_n.jpg

Next show will be Team Universe in July

Last edited by jinwu57; 05-13-2014 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 12:15 PM   #167
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
looking good man.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:20 PM   #168
jinwu57

Thanks dude!
Old 05-13-2014, 12:36 PM   #169
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
So are you considered "pro" now since you won?

No clue how those things work. Just have heard if you get first in fitness shows you get your pro card??

Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:52 PM   #170
jinwu57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leezy321 View Post
So are you considered "pro" now since you won?

No clue how those things work. Just have heard if you get first in fitness shows you get your pro card??

no, it has to be at a national qualifying show. Placing in the top 3(or maybe 5) allows you to enter into the national qualifying shows. I think there's 4 or 5 national shows in which you can turn pro. They take place in various states during the course of the year. I'm doing Team U in July cause it's in NJ and I'm from NJ.
Old 05-13-2014, 03:11 PM   #171
Leezy321

My Ride: 2001 bmw 325i
Interesting. GL man!

Leezy321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 03:36 PM   #172
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
update...my show was on 5/10/14. Competed in a local natural show and won 1st place in my class(A) and overall in men's physique. I have no f*cking clue how I won overall cause there were tons of dudes in better shape- bigger, leaner, and most were shredded as fock.

Overall winners:
I see some calves and lower leg vascularity poking out, that's a rarity for the physique guys....use that to your advantage, it's a gift.

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #173
jinwu57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
I see some calves and lower leg vascularity poking out, that's a rarity for the physique guys....use that to your advantage, it's a gift.
unfortunately for me, I have skinny a$$ calves so I train them 3 days a week. I also have a bad knee and can only do certain leg exercises, but I'm gonna force them to grow.
Old 05-14-2014, 03:35 PM   #174
Act of God

My Ride: 3.5 Liters of fury
Send a message via AIM to Act of God
Quote:
unfortunately for me, I have skinny a$$ calves so I train them 3 days a week. I also have a bad knee and can only do certain leg exercises, but I'm gonna force them to grow.
they look better than most physique guys already, I think you have a leg up on them!

“They have the guns and therefore we are for peace and for reformation through the ballot. When we have the guns then it will be through the bullet.” - Saul Alinsky, quoting Lenin
Act of God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 03:50 PM   #175
jinwu57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Act of God View Post
they look better than most physique guys already, I think you have a leg up on them!
i see what you did there!

Thanks!
Old 05-20-2014, 03:58 PM   #176
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
I'm actually preparing now, but I'm too big for physique, so I'm doing a body building show. I've dieted down from a lean 192 to an even leaner 181 (..most of the fat/reduced measurements have come off of my thighs and hips to the tune of 1" and .5" inch respectively, and still coming down). I've always been really lean above the waist (..as seen in all of my previous photos), but I've never had the really defined/delineated muscle in my quads........just mass and a good silhouette. I'm getting there. I feel so light now. It's so drastic in the aforementioned areas that I'm swimming in jeans that were originally tight. I've returned 3 pair already. The other odd phenomenon is how much bigger I look despite being 'smaller'.

The unfortunate result of sustained competition dieting (..45 minutes of fasted cardio in the morning, 30 minutes in the evening, lifts, and the calorie reduction) is the reduction in my numbers. All of my big lifts have dropped, but I'm still able to squat over 315 lbs., bench 315 lbs. and deadlift 450 lbs., but all of those numbers are below my numbers at my 'normal' weight.

Last edited by M3Inline6; 05-20-2014 at 04:12 PM.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 04:12 PM   #177
M3Inline6
Ain't buying any more cars!

My Ride: M4 and Range Rover S
Quote:

Overall winners:

Me in transition during posing:
https://scontent-b-lga.xx.fbcdn.net/...40534556_n.jpg

Next show will be Team Universe in July

Lookin' good man.
M3Inline6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 09:20 AM   #178
jinwu57

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Inline6 View Post
I'm actually preparing now, but I'm too big for physique, so I'm doing a body building show. I've dieted down from a lean 192 to an even leaner 181 (..most of the fat/reduced measurements have come off of my thighs and hips to the tune of 1" and .5" inch respectively, and still coming down). I've always been really lean above the waist (..as seen in all of my previous photos), but I've never had the really defined/delineated muscle in my quads........just mass and a good silhouette. I'm getting there. I feel so light now. It's so drastic in the aforementioned areas that I'm swimming in jeans that were originally tight. I've returned 3 pair already. The other odd phenomenon is how much bigger I look despite being 'smaller'.

The unfortunate result of sustained competition dieting (..45 minutes of fasted cardio in the morning, 30 minutes in the evening, lifts, and the calorie reduction) is the reduction in my numbers. All of my big lifts have dropped, but I'm still able to squat over 315 lbs., bench 315 lbs. and deadlift 450 lbs., but all of those numbers are below my numbers at my 'normal' weight.
dude...i have the opposite problem. I can't grow my weak parts. I train calves 3 times a week and they dont grow. I can easily shred weight, but gaining lean muscle mass is a challenge. Currently trying to grow my back, quads, and calves for Team U. 6 weeks out. oh, and you're right...I lost 10 pounds, but I look much more muscular. Im currently sitting at 146 lbs now.

Good luck with your show. Not sure if you've shows before, but if I were you, I would focus more time on posing, specifically pose so that you look leaner.
Old 05-21-2014, 09:29 AM   #179
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Steve, start posting more you bum!
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #180
jinwu57

Quote:
Originally Posted by DylloS View Post
Steve, start posting more you bum!
I really didn't understand posing going into my first show and luckily my physique gave me the placing. This past show, I can only attribute it to my posing cause those are guys were redic! I'm still trying to fine tune it. Check out Johnny Sebastian's posing:

I take pieces from his approach to posing, and make it my own.