E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:44 PM   #1
simple325i

My Ride: 2001 325i
*Umnitza* Review

Let me first say that this is going to be long post + I am well aware that many of you guys have satisfied experiences with them. I just wanted/needed to share mine...

Anyways, been around the forums for awhile but haven't really checked in since my car is completely stock and bought it for a daily driver. I bought an 2001 325i a few months ago for a 2nd car for work.

After researching a few forums and gathering some info, I decided to purchase a M-Tech II replica front and some CSL replica wheels from Umnitza...

Let me just start off and say that, in the 29 years I've lived so far, the worst customer service experience was with Verizon Wireless. I would have never imagined that anyone can top that. Until now...

So, this is what I ordered last Thursday around noon (This is the actual breakdown they sent me in the invoice, email, and order confirmation page after I submitted the order):

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Order Information - Order #XXXXX

Qty. Products Total
1 ea. E46 Mtech 2 Style Front Bumper Coupe or Sedan
Bumper Type - E46 Mtech II 4-door
Car Model - E46 Sedan
Xenon Fogs - No, I do not wish to have Xenon fogs with my order
Optional - Fog Lights
$204.97

1 ea. CSL Replica Wheels (set of 4)
Finish - Silver
Size - 18x8
$599.99

$72.45Local Tax +.75% + CA TAX 8.25%:
$83.72 FedEx (2 x 63.20lbs) (Ground Home Delivery (2 days)):
$961.13

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Less than an hour later, I receive an Order Update email stating that my order had been shipped. I knew this had to be a mistake and just ignored it. Couple hours later, I receive another Order Update email asking me to call them regarding the shipping of my order.

So turns out they need to ship the wheels and bumper separately which makes complete sense. They said it costs $65 to ship the wheels and $95 for the bumper. So, although the website, email, and invoice stated $83.72 which I have no idea how it was calculated, I need to pay the difference in order for them to ship the bumper. At this point they also told me that my wheels have shipped already and I should have my tracking # by end of day or Friday morning. I asked them to refund the bumper portion as I didn't really agree on the part that I had to pay extra shipping while the mistake is on their end. Although, they sounded unhappy they said that they won't ship the bumper and they'll just hold on to that portion of the order so I can browse other vendors for a possible lower price.

Friday around 3PM...
Sent them an email since I never received a tracking email for my wheels as they stated... No response. Gave them a call and the guy who I spoke to said "don't worry, both your wheels AND bumper have shipped already" :hmm:
So I had to explain the entire story and he said that he would look into it and give me a call back that day. Nothing.

Saturday around 10AM...
I get a tracking # email sent to me but the tracking # doesn't even show that it had been scanned... Didn't think they would pick up but called them anyways. Surprisingly, some one picked up only to tell me that he had no idea where my wheels are but guaranteed that my wheels have already shipped but he won't be able to assist me about the bumper till Monday.

Monday 1PM ~ 5PM Going back and forth emails and calls
Finally I get a guy to talk to on the phone. He first claims that the guy I spoke to on Saturday gave me false information as "how would he have the information? it's Saturday" was his explanation. In addition, he says "I have some good news, bad news, and some mediocre news for you" First off, your bumper has already been delivered ready for your pick up at the facility. Why haven't you contacted them? Second, we were out of stock in our LA warehouse for your wheels so we're going to ship them out from our FL warehouse first thing tomorrow morning" :thumbdwn: Where's the good news? Had to explain the whole story again and just asked for a refund on the bumper part since I didn't want to deal with this nonsense any further. The guy said okay and he'll send me tracking information for my wheels tomorrow morning.

Tuesday (Today)
Called them for an update. "Alright, so we have two options for you. Our FL warehouse doesn't have your order in stock but they do have a staggered setup for you at no extra charge (this wasn't an option as I had already purchased tires for the original order). OR we can send your these wheels (picture sent via email) at no additional cost although they're more expensive than the wheels you ordered". Similar mesh design wheel but I didn't like them since I was pretty set on the CSL/VMR V703 type design. At this point, I was pretty aggravated and done dealing with them. I told him that I didn't like the design of those wheels and please just refund the entire order.

His professional response, first he sighs out loud "you know what? for the last 48 hours, I've been trying to figure out your order and now you just want to cancel? Of course customers never try to understand the sellers side but only see the surface of the operation. You know what? Whatever, that's fine"

:confused::ben:EXCUSE ME?!? was the first thing that came out of my mouth. I tried explaining how much time I've wasted on this order when all I was asking for is a simple order status but I received was false/inaccurate information and was given the run-around for the last couple of days. Then the guy has the nerve to talk over me and goes "shhhhhhhhhhhh" and tries to shush me. Seriously? In what world, does a customer sales or support agent says "whatever" and tries to shush them? I completely understand that there are human errors and mistakes as I too worked in retail, customer service/sales, warehouse, etc. However, THIS was over the line.

I asked for a full refund and he says, "fine, I'll give you a full refund minus the bumper shipping fee". A M A Z I N G. I was just speechless at that point.

In the end, after sighing some more, he said that he'll refund the entire original amount as he refuses to argue and waste time on my order. He stated that "usually most refunds are processed on Fridays". We'll see what happens.

I know most of you guys won't read this long post (I wouldn't either)... but just needed to vent somewhere as I believe this is totally unacceptable and very poor/incompetent level of professionalism.
simple325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:14 PM   #2
JapanRot325ci

My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
any cliffs or moral of the stories?

i always had good reviews with Umntiza and their customer service
Old 04-08-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
Avetiso

My Ride: 2003 ZHP 6MT
I know a few people who have had similar stories. I no longer deal with them.
Avetiso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:48 PM   #4
MercForHire

My Ride: 323Ci 5 Speed Black
This does sound highly unprofessional.

Perhaps the company had a change of leadership
MercForHire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 09:48 PM   #5
JasonLI25t

My Ride: 2000 323ci
if story is accurate

you = right

them = wrong

pretty clear cut to me. all you wanted was what you ordered at the price you paid...they failed on literally all accounts. i give you credit for not totally losing it.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:50 PM   #6
mjpgolf1

My Ride: 00 328i ZSP,05 745LI
*Umnitza* Review

I've heard many poor reviews of this Umnitza both here and other forums. I'm sure there have been many people that have been happy with them but it only takes a few bad experiences to ruin the reputation of a company. I've been in business a long time and I have to work so hard to make sure that "all" of my customers are happy with their experience. Sure I've had issues arise as any company does, but it comes down to how you handle those issues when they do pop up.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Last edited by mjpgolf1; 04-08-2014 at 09:50 PM.
mjpgolf1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:00 PM   #7
simple325i

My Ride: 2001 325i
Like I said in the beginning, I'm sure many of you guys and people on other forums have had a positive experience with them. I just needed to vent and share mine so I don't have any morals to this story.

Hence the reason, I won't bring up any names either.

My story is accurate. I have emails to prove every point but that's not what I wanted to do. As JasonLI25t said, I just wanted 2 things at the price I was charged for and was listed on their website. They couldn't provide it so I just asked for a refund. The way he was talking to me was just uncalled for. I mean, who tries to shush a customer while their trying to explain something?

Anyways, another guy is handling my order now so hopefully, the rest goes smoother.
simple325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:15 PM   #8
MercForHire

If I were you, I would certainly let out the F word and blow up on this guy.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #9
MercForHire

You may want to train your tone of voice and learn a more assertive way of speech style. Less people would try to mess with u then.
It's about being tough, even on the phone.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:31 PM   #10
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Yeah, their entire business model is just low rent ****. I mean, they can't even bother shipping things properly. My first and last order with them was just my clear reflectors and chrome turn signal bulbs. $16 (ARE YOU KIDDING ME?) shipping and they just used a ****ing $5 USPS ENVELOPE and STUFFED A ****ING BOX INTO AN ENVELOPE. Bulbs came in broken. I'm not even going to ask for an exchange. I don't want it. Took over a ****ing week to ship too. Just all around a poorly run business.

Do you see ECS Tuning, FCP Euro, BMW Parts, or BavAuto recieving stories like this? NO!

Common Sense is officially dead.

Last edited by WDE46; 04-08-2014 at 10:34 PM.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 PM   #11
jiggz

My Ride: '05 ZHP & '12 X5 50i
I've been on this forum forever it seems, but what does this Umnitza site sell? I see nothing OEM on here…nothing made in Germany, just Chinese crap.

(sigh)….my car just goes up in value as all of you knuckleheads add this garbage to your cars….
jiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 PM   #12
WDE46

My Ride: 2004 330Ci OBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
I've been on this forum forever it seems, but what does this Umnitza site sell? I see nothing OEM on here…nothing made in Germany, just Chinese crap.

(sigh)….my car just goes up in value as all of you knuckleheads add this garbage to your cars….
They sell two items that I would ever buy and I bought both of them. First was clear reflectors for my front bumper to replace the amber OE ones that are ugly. Second is chrome turn signal bulbs (light up amber) to get rid of the orange reflection inside my OE lights.

Common Sense is officially dead.
WDE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 11:08 PM   #13
Benny Minn

My Ride: 2004 325xiT
That sucks. I had a frustrating experience as well, but not nearly as bad as what you dealt with. I think they're lacking a logistics/communication person on their team because all the customer hears are conflicting reports that waste everyone's time. The pre-painted MtechII bumper was pretty good quality though....once it arrived.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #14
umnitza
877•486•6489

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
We have resolved it with the customer.
We apologize for this inconvenience.

The ownership has been under a lot of stress and it was inadvertently taken out on the customer in an unprofessional way. We've issued several apologies for this and will continue to improve our customer interactions.

Tim K.