E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > Sponsor Press Releases & New Product Announcements > Site Sponsor Group Buys

Site Sponsor Group Buys
Group buys from the sponsors that support E46Fanatics.com and other approved group buys.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 09:43 AM   #81
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
Originally Posted by rednerrus View Post
Hi, I will be purchasing this HU in the next week or so.
I have a couple of questions:
1. If I get the unit without maps included, it won't come with an sd card?
2. Can I still install iGO Primo if I don't get the maps and get my own sd card (if its not included)?
3. Has anyone here installed the unit themselves? is it really plug and play, and no rewiring necessary?
4. So if order it through the GB link, it will be shipped right away? Or do i need to wait til a certain number of people order the unit?

rant: I've read that the orange led color does not perfectly match the oem orange, whats up with this?! isnt this unit custom made for the e46?
Hey rednerrus, I may be of some help:

1. No memory card is supplied if you choose without maps.
2. Yes, you can get yourself an SDcard and install Igoprimo.
3. Yes, it is plug and play. No need to splice any wires, it will take you around 1hr for a full install(taking trim out, A/C relocation, reverse Camera)
4. If GB is active, just put order in and Eonon will ship as order is received. I got mine in 3 days and Im in Chicago, IL.

for the orange LED color, I don't think youll fine a perfect match on any unit out there(someone correct me if Im wrong). I would give it a 90% match and that is because unit led's a bit brighter than the cars leds. Look at it this way, our car's leds are "used" for over 10yrs (I have an '03) and unit leds are "new" so these will be brighter. That is the only difference I can see in regards to the leds.
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:59 PM   #82
rednerrus

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by 891CARLOS View Post
Hey rednerrus, I may be of some help:

1. No memory card is supplied if you choose without maps.
2. Yes, you can get yourself an SDcard and install Igoprimo.
3. Yes, it is plug and play. No need to splice any wires, it will take you around 1hr for a full install(taking trim out, A/C relocation, reverse Camera)
4. If GB is active, just put order in and Eonon will ship as order is received. I got mine in 3 days and Im in Chicago, IL.

for the orange LED color, I don't think youll fine a perfect match on any unit out there(someone correct me if Im wrong). I would give it a 90% match and that is because unit led's a bit brighter than the cars leds. Look at it this way, our car's leds are "used" for over 10yrs (I have an '03) and unit leds are "new" so these will be brighter. That is the only difference I can see in regards to the leds.
Thanks!
How hard is it to install a reverse camera?

Regarding the LED color, the last aftermarket unit I installed matched my 99 carrera lights perfectly because you can actually pick a custom color aside from the preset colors that come with the car. Im nit picking here because this unit is custom made for a specific car, I think eon on should tried harder to match the interior lights of our cars. 90% is good enough though, still looks like an awesome unit.
rednerrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #83
EononCarDVD
Sponsor

My Ride: BMW E46
Quote:
Thanks!
How hard is it to install a reverse camera?
Hi rednerrus, it's easy to install a camera in our unit, here is the method:
Connect the VIDEO OUT of camera to BACK SIGHT VIDEO IN of head unit, connect the power cable of camera to the power of reversing light of your car.

Our cameras are all compatible with the BMW unit, highly recommend you the A0122 super high definition camera which is of best quality and best selling!
Thanks! http://www.eonon.com/Others/Camera/VW/A0122.html

Welcome to check our GM5150 Opel Car GPS with Unique Screen Mirroring feature & D5150!

8 Rounds of Group Buy has been arranged till now! PM me anytime if you'd like to join and save!

Check the awesome Reviews & Installation Guide from our fan here here!

EononCarDVD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 07:37 AM   #84
rednerrus

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3 Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by EononCarDVD View Post
Hi rednerrus, it's easy to install a camera in our unit, here is the method:
Connect the VIDEO OUT of camera to BACK SIGHT VIDEO IN of head unit, connect the power cable of camera to the power of reversing light of your car.

Our cameras are all compatible with the BMW unit, highly recommend you the A0122 super high definition camera which is of best quality and best selling!
Thanks! http://www.eonon.com/Others/Camera/VW/A0122.html
ya thats the easy part, im concerned about the process of running the cable from the head unit all the way to the trunk.
rednerrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 09:06 AM   #85
891CARLOS

My Ride: 2003 E46 325XI
Quote:
ya thats the easy part, im concerned about the process of running the cable from the head unit all the way to the trunk.
There are many DIY's out there, search my friend. Wiring is not that hard once you know what you are doing. Here is one:
http://www.e46zone.com/forum/topic/2...ew-camera-diy/

Although, the e46 cameras that replaces the license plate light is a CMOS camera and quality is not that great! Once I get a chance, I will replace mine with a CCD one. I may do a DIY when I replace mine.
891CARLOS is offline   Reply With Quote