E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum

Buyer/Seller Feedback Forum
Post your positive or negative feedback about transactions with members here.

Old 04-16-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
haterdan

My Ride: 325xit
*Umnitza* the worst. all emails included!

So I've noticed alot of *umnitza* threads popping up lately. of course this happens AFTER I place my order. Now its time for me to tell my story

2/23 sunday:

I get my tax return WOO and I wanna get some Bi-Xenon headlights. ask some friends they tell me to go to umnitza so I order:
Projector46 Premium Sedan 2002-2005 Facelifted with Orion

Angel Eyes - Standard Halogen
Clear Film Protection - No Thank You
Pre-Installed - FX-R Retrofit
Bulbs - 1 pair Xenix
Car Model - 2002-2005 3-Series Wagon (Screw In)
Xenon - FX-R Retrofit with Adapters 35W
Car Type - Sedan
Color - 6000K
Xenon Fogs - No, I do not wish to have Xenon fogs with my order

650 bucks. pretty excited get a fedex tracking number the next day saying I should get them friday. HOLY CRAP KILLER SERVICE.

2/26 I notice my tracking number hasn't done anything yet. so I shoot them an email asking whats up. tim writes back saying they are backed up blah blah blah shipping next week. should have them by 3/7. cool it happens.

3/3/14 a few friends tell me about the multicolor AE but they are like 300 bucks. so I send an email asking about adding them to the order and if they are hard to install with the depo headlights they use. tim calls like an hour later tells me that they can do it and he'll knock off 50 bucks and install them. but it will push the ship date to 3/10 or 3/17. I agree and pay for them right then.

3/16 I send an email asking if there's a new tracking number or if they are gonna ship. OOPS multiAE is on back order. but I'm FIRST ON THE LIST. getting alittle impatient but I did change the order

3/26 I get an email saying to approve the finished product. HOORAY they are gonna get shipped after a month of waiting.

3/31 I send an email asking if they shipped yet and I get this:

"packaging today."

that's the entire email.

4/2 a new email from umnitza:
Turns out I had your headlights mistakenly referred to as finished. The photos you saw were indeed your headlights but were not yet finished with the FXR upgrade. That is our mistake.

They are actually due to be finished today and we'll send you more/new photos of this result. I'm sorry for the confusion.

so I write back "Are you guys just messing with me at this point? I mean i spend 1000 dollars on these things over a month ago and unless I hound you about them i don't even get an update. It's making it real hard for me to want to get the rest of my stuff there"

and I get a response : "Not sure how to answer your question. We don't "mess" with people. When we make a mistake, we admit it and fix it."

so I respond "Fair enough I just hope you can understand my frustration. You guys came highly recommended and Tim was great on the phone. It just seems like it's been taking forever. And as I said before unless I ask about what's going on I would have no way of knowing. I had an approval email a week ago which would lead me to believe they would be shipped. Come Monday still no word. So I ask and I'm told packing today. Cool they should be out Tuesday. Tuesday comes and goes and so I ask today a week later if you can change the address and I'm told "hey my bad turns out those weren't ready yet". Granted this is 3 weeks after tim told me "yours are top on the list and we will try to get them out by Friday the 7th but no later than the 14th."

The only reason I'm not losing my mind is you are always quick to respond and explain what's going on even if it's like 8 pm on a sunday. I just wanna make my car look cool!"

the response: "We make mistakes. We did on this one when our last line of defense was going over the packing list and noticed that these headlights did not contain the proper FXR.
That's why they were pulled back."

oh word they caught a mistake and wanna fix it. understandable

4/4 I ask if they can change the address since it hasn't be shipped yet they tell me "Same number, it should be ready end of today. Working hard on it."
WOOT FINALLY!

4/5 tim calls me with the "we are so busy blah blah blah I'm gonna make it all better and send you free stuff sorry that shipping made you feel like a piece of **** for asking where your stuff is. backlog excuse excuse owner sucks blah blah whatever"

15 minutes later some other dude calls who is "incharge of my order" and doesn't have a clue of whats going on he thinks stuff is being shipped back then fixed and shipped back to me I don't know what he's talking about so I say "just ship the lights and I'll be happy I have to go back to work" and hang up

4/8 the headlights finally go out. guess what! they didn't change the address so now I have no way to sign for these things. great customer service dudes! so I go on fedex and get the address changed myself for 5 bucks.

4/15 headlights should arrive today! so excite. well fedex ignored my request for change of address so they don't get delivered. lucky for me the fedex dude is awesome and agrees to meet me at the local gas station before he heads home to get my headlights. so we meet up I sign for these bad boys shoot home open the box and

THE FVCKING HEADLIGHT IS BROKEN the bottom bracket is snapped clean off and the rear tab is cracked well into the housing pretty much exactly what I dont wanna deal with.

so I immediately call tim and tell him what happened he starts whining about being busy and having an inter ear infection and he cant hear anyone on the phone and again excuse excuse and the owner is in china so he has to email this guy first to get it approved.

later that night I get a response from the pictures I sent:
Dan,

Unless you see something else on that photo, you are fine. That is the bracket. Once you unscrew that screw, you remove the bracket. Those brackets are there for 1 reasons - if you've had an accident and need a new one (yours are already in the most perfect place for the headlights to be installed) AND to stabilize the headlight during shipping.

Once you unscrew that screw you'll see that the bracket slides out and is no longer necessary. The actual tab itself slides onto the bracket on your car. It doesn't need anything other than that.

Just unscrew the screw. Again, this is unless there is something other than what I'm seeing in the photo. Look at your headlights on your car, in fact, slide one out and see how it all works together.

is this dude serious?
so I write back with more colorful language than I normally use because clearly I'm pissed off and this is what I get back

"We can issue a return label, send that one side back. Either fix the bracket (50/50) or just replace the complete back side (100%).
The time to do this is usually 5-7 days - 2-3 to send to us, 1 day to fix, 2-3 to send back. But before we do, please review below."

so it seems to me that they don't care. no shocker there after dealing with them for the last 45 days or so.

so I write back:

Forget it I'll fix it myself. The way everything else has gone I'll send this headlight back and get it shipped back in August. You could send some instructions for hooking up the bixenon shutter and the angel eyes though since they came with nothing.

4/16 I get a response:
The bixenon shutter attaches to the high beam wires - no polarity - by taps to the red wire. I believe it's already wired inside the headlight for you but if not, there will be 2 red wires peaking out.
For the angel eyes - www.fastm.com - and our install guide on our site "install resources".

Let us know if you need any further help.
_________

oh cool just completely blow me off that I'm not happy. And you don't even have write ups on instructions for your own products because your website works 50% of the time and is filled with dead links and no install information.

so I plastic welded the bracket tab used my old stabilizer brackets since the new ones we trashed and put them in today. the connectors for the bixenon shutters are all half assed on there I didn't have enough daylight to wire the AE so hopefully they work when I do it tomorrow.

I will never use this company for anything ever again in my life nothing they can do or say excuses the total lack of customer service they have. completely unresponsive to customers unless you hound them for info. I gave them more chances to right the situation than any person should for anything. so its 1000 bucks wasted.

Now I see all these negative reviews everwhere and I feel like such a fool for not researching more.

thanks for listening hopefully you choose wiser than I did.
haterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:32 PM   #2
haterdan

My Ride: 325xit
oh here's my tracking info incase its disputed

Travel History
Help
Hide
Date/Time Activity Location
-

4/15/2014 - Tuesday
4:15 pm
Delivered

Coatesville, PA
10:09 am
Delivery exception

NORTH WALES, PA

Customer not available or business closed
8:06 am
On FedEx vehicle for delivery

NORTH WALES, PA
7:50 am
At local FedEx facility

NORTH WALES, PA
-

4/12/2014 - Saturday
8:26 am
At local FedEx facility

NORTH WALES, PA

Alternate delivery requested
8:26 am
Arrived at FedEx location

NORTH WALES, PA
6:53 am
At local FedEx facility

NORTH WALES, PA
3:12 am
Departed FedEx location

HAGERSTOWN, MD
2:05 am

HAGERSTOWN, MD
-

4/09/2014 - Wednesday
6:02 pm
Delivery option requested

7:12 am
Departed FedEx location

SACRAMENTO, CA
3:15 am

SACRAMENTO, CA
-

4/08/2014 - Tuesday
10:39 pm
Left FedEx origin facility

FAIRFIELD, CA
8:22 pm

FAIRFIELD, CA
6:02 pm
Picked up

FAIRFIELD, CA
-

2/23/2014 - Sunday
4:21 pm
Shipment information sent to Fedex

https://www.fedex.com/fedextrack/?tr...56063415013772
haterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
umnitza

My Ride: E39M5, Sequoia
Send a message via Yahoo to umnitza
Let me attempt to summarize your situation.

Your order was changed to multi-color in the middle. Due to them being on back order, there was a delay.
Your order was for FXR - by the time the multi-color arrived, the FXR were then on back order (popular product).
Your order had a few mistakes, but we did ship you pictures of the product prior to shipping that you approved ultimately and the ultimate product is as described.

We didn't blow you off at any point in any of our exchanges.
In fact, you left out one key piece of information, we continue to help you with anything you need and any help you need as long as the warranty is process for the product. If we were blowing you off, would we continue to write up diagrams to help you?

The "break" you describe, you never got back to us with more photos:
[see attachment]

I'd be happy to discuss this with you further when I return next week Friday. Hopefully we can help set a better course together.

Matt - Owner
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	124
Size:	330.9 KB
ID:	554331