E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 01:51 AM   #21
teknokraze

My Ride: 2005 330xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astefanidis View Post
No one wants to deal with my problem. I need to talk to someone whos actually already done what I want to do. Someone that owns an xi and F/I it
Within the next week or so I'll be bolting on my new ESS TS2 kit on my 330xi. I'll let you know how it goes Astefanidis. Unfortunately I don't have anyone with a Dyno close to where I live, so it's going to be all "seat of my pants" testing.

Regards...

Last edited by teknokraze; 04-18-2014 at 02:10 AM.
teknokraze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:29 AM   #22
Astefanidis

My Ride: 2004 BMW 325xi E46
Sorry for the late reply guys, I've been really busy lately and never got to it. AA, I never got the pm you said that you'd send me. Please do tho because Im curious now.

And tekno, any news on how it went? Its only been two days but im excited to know now lol keep me updated man
Astefanidis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #23
Viral@ActiveAutowerke
Sponsor

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Sorry for the late reply guys, I've been really busy lately and never got to it. AA, I never got the pm you said that you'd send me. Please do tho because Im curious now.

And tekno, any news on how it went? Its only been two days but im excited to know now lol keep me updated man
Check your inbox buddy
Phone: 305.233.9300 Ext. 232 | Fax: 305-253-8921
Viral@ActiveAutowerke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 01:25 AM   #24
teknokraze

Quote:
Lol, if only it were that quick!! If you think you're excited...

I'll be starting the install tomorrow now. The install should only take me a day, two tops. But what will really have me twiddling my thumbs is waiting for the DME flash. I have to send my ECU from Canada to Arizona and back.

Regards...

Last edited by teknokraze; 04-22-2014 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-26-2014, 11:49 PM   #25
teknokraze

Well, a bunch of blood, sweat and tears, and a few choice curse words later, the ESS Supercharger is in. Just waiting for my ECU to come back from ESS in Arizona so I can do final leak testing and the final steps to put my bumper back on and micro filter housing, then she's good to go!

I highly recommend that if you can take your engine out for the install it'd be much easier. As it is this was such a tight fit that I'm not sure and have no way of telling if the vacuum hoses on the back of the intake stayed on or not while wrestling the SC into place. That was a bitch. But it sure looks tidy when it's in. Nice job ESS boys!

I also suggest having a couple extra M7 nuts available for the intake mount. My clumsy a$$ fingers managed to drop one through the intake runners down into the engine bay somewhere. After searching high and low everywhere with my flash light and magnet picker-upper, I gave up trying to find it.

I live in a small town and it took me a good half day to source a new M7 nut, M6 and M8's are easy to find but the M7 is a rare bird, (Note: A M7 nut will fit on a 4-28 bolt, but a 4-28 nut will not fit on a M7 stud!). Of course, after everything was just about finished, I found the friggin' thing sitting there laughing at me on the frame rail under the left CV.

Now it's wait and pray time. Wish me luck!

Regards...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140426_210733.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	555703   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140426_210807.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	117.7 KB
ID:	555704   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20140426_210834.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	114.8 KB
ID:	555705  

Last edited by teknokraze; 04-27-2014 at 02:03 AM.
Old 04-27-2014, 12:49 AM   #26
Astefanidis

Lol at the nut that hid from you. Congrats in getting all of that done tho man, thats really awesome. It looks amazing too. Cant wait to hear the results! Good luck bro
Old 05-03-2014, 02:16 AM   #27
teknokraze

Review time...

So...got my ECU back today from ESS Tuning in Arizona. Gotta hand it to the folks at ESS, seems they know what they're doing!

I plugged my ECU back in, hooked up my battery and sat down in my driver's seat with key in hand, butterflies in my stomach. I did the whole install myself, it's the most extensive work I've done on an engine to date, so I was incredibly worried I missed something or installed something wrong.

I put the key in and anxiously turned it to the On position to pressurize the fuel lines and power up the new intercooler pump. Hopped outside, grabbed a flashlight and inspected the injectors carefully for any leaks. None were found, nor were there any leaks in the intercooler system/hoses. Promptly danced a little jig! Seems I just might have done everything right on the install!

Hopped back in the car and turned the key off, then very timidly turned it to the start position. The engine came to life, spluttering at first as fuel made it's way to the motor but then she settled into a nice idle right around 6-700rpm, purring along just as a bimmer should. Stopped it and started it again with no spluttering, just went to a nice idle. Whoo Hoo!

Instructions say to idle for 30min and watch for leaks, so I finalized putting the car back together while monitoring for leaks. All that was left was to put the front bumper back on and the cabin air filter housing etc.

My place of work is a three hour commute so I decided this would be a great test for the new supercharger. Break-in period, (they tell you to take it easy for the duration of this time), is 100 miles and boy is it hard to keep your composure and not put your foot to the floor during this time!

As soon as the odometer hit that magical number it was as though I heard the gun shot, the gates opened, and the horses charged forward!

Power delivery with this thing is so smooth, it's very deceptive as to just how much extra power you have on tap. This thing moves! Completely obliterated all thoughts of what the nay-sayers on this forum said about not wasting $6800 on a supercharger for one of these cars. My opinion...Well worth it!

That whistle from the supercharger as you pull through 3000rpm on up to redline is music to your ears, (which happen to be plastered to the front of your seat's headrest as you accelerate)!

Alas, being on a public road I had to tone 'er down. The bonus was, without any in town driving, cruising at 70mph and a few good pulls passing slow-pokes on th road, the fuel meter said I averaged 28mpg for this trip. Very respectable!

In a couple days, when I get home from work, I'll fool around and test out acceleration times etc. A local shop importing tuners says they'll have a dyno by the end of summer, so I'll book some time with them at that time. Very excited! Very pleased with this upgrade!

Regards...
Old 05-03-2014, 10:51 PM   #28
Astefanidis

Man I love reading your posts lol. Thats awesome tho bro, im so jealous. Definitely post some vids of it if u get the chance, cuz id love that.
Old 05-03-2014, 11:06 PM   #29
Rob43
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 2003 BMW 331Ci, 5spd
OP, by chance have you been following the nitrous thread floating around somewhere near this one ?

It could be your answer to more WHP.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1031817

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics http://www.vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind" M54 CAMS 264/252 $849
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #30
Astefanidis

Hey rob, thanks for the info but, im just not interested in any sort of nitrous system. All of my inner car knowledge is telling me "no itll ruin your car" lol so im afraid that's not an option for me. Thanks for your advice tho
Old 05-04-2014, 09:54 PM   #31
Commanderwiggin

My Ride: 900rwhp Turbo M3
You need ALL THE BOOSTS!!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #32
Astefanidis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commanderwiggin View Post
You need ALL THE BOOSTS!!
Lmao
Old 05-27-2014, 10:28 PM   #33
Astefanidis

Hey tekno, any news on how ur systems going? And did you ever get to dyno it like you said? If it's not a problem, I'd die to see a video of this beast in action