E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Health & Fitness

Health & Fitness
Discuss any topics related to heath and fitness here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:56 PM   #1501
Charlescrs6

My Ride: E46 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgsmith View Post
I know it's hard to do but cutting back on booze helps a ton, not just from the alcohol but also from the bad eating decisions made when drunk and then hungover.

My biggest issue. I've been trying to drink more vodka sodas versus beer. Even though they're pretty girly, there's a ton less calories.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-14-2014, 02:57 PM   #1502
DylloS

My Ride: nothing
Quote:
I know it's hard to do but cutting back on booze helps a ton, not just from the alcohol but also from the bad eating decisions made when drunk and then hungover.
exactly what it is.

Yea it's sh1tty for the body but if it ruins the diet for the rest of the night, the next day, and prevents you from training the next day you really need to think about what it's doing. I've toned down a lot. Had a bunch of friends over grilling and day drinking and I didn't. I got some sh1t. "Captain CrossFit" "Boring" etc. Well I'm stronger and in better shape than all of those people. I'll take that.
DylloS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:02 PM   #1503
dabears

My Ride: 2003 BMW M3
Quote:
I really struggle with it. My entire social circle revolves around drinking. I do nothing but grind monday to friday, and then get constant invitations to do this or that... the only constant is drinking.

It hurts my progress, but at the same time I don't want to sacrifice my social life (which keeps me sane) for the gym. I know I can find a balance.

I have been a bit better, I've started drinking vodka & perrier/club soda, which is about 60 calories per shot with no sugar / added mixer calories. I don't drink beer, and I have limited my scotch to a couple fingers a week max, sometimes none.

I never have drunken munchies suprisingly, and I'm usually ok the day after. It's just that going to the gym is out of the question, which I do "schedule" around so I still get my workouts in etc.

The one thing left is to try and curb my binge drinking. I rarely have a casual drink, it is black coffee / water throughout the week and then I have one night where I consume about 3/4 of a 26 (if not more) worth of booze in shots / drinks. I'd like to get that down to a mickey's worth, and if I can keep that to once a week without added calories from mixers, shots etc.. It will be an immense improvement.

If people can have cheat meals/days and still see progress, I know I can get drunk once a week (within reason) and still see progress, since I consider my eating to be very good. Basically an extra 850 calories from drinking a week won't kill me, and I do make a conscious effort to reduce my dietary fat / carb intake on these days and stick to lean proteins & veggies, as the alcohol burning process leads to storage of these macros as fat.

In the past, I used to let my weekends be cheats, where I would drink both nights + eat crappy foods. My ex was a bad influence, especially with food. That is 100% why the last portion of my cut failed this past summer, drinking & eating crap on the weekend.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #1504
DylloS

I'm the same way dude. All my friends do is get drunk or married these days. Hanging out with a girl is definitely helping me now. Less drunken nights out and more just chill nights.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:27 PM   #1505
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

My Ride: is totaled
Lol "captain crossfit"

What the heck is a "26" and a mickey's worth? Damn alcoholic

[bimmerapp]

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave
Fill that hole in your soul by buying more material goods
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?p=15286051
buy my sedan rear seats (gray leather)

sell me sedan A pillars!! (black fabric)
XKxRome0ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:34 PM   #1506
dabears

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Lol "captain crossfit"

[bimmerapp]
26oz, or 750ml. a mickey is half, 13oz or 325ml (the smaller, usually plastic bottles).

A 40 is 40oz, or 1.14L and a 60 is 60oz, or 1.75L

it takes me a mickey to get buzzed.
Old 04-14-2014, 03:38 PM   #1507
DylloS

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
Lol "captain crossfit"

[bimmerapp]
it was funny as hell.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:43 PM   #1508
bgsmith

My Ride: No longer an e46
Send a message via AIM to bgsmith
I just made plans for a guys weekend the first weekend in May, two weeks before my Civilian Military Combine, going to be 4 days of hardcore boozing, I hope I recover in time.
Old 04-14-2014, 04:47 PM   #1509
dabears

Quote:
I just made plans for a guys weekend the first weekend in May, two weeks before my Civilian Military Combine, going to be 4 days of hardcore boozing, I hope I recover in time.
when I went to vegas for 7 days straight I survived by drinking grey goose vodka (the extra filtering does wonders) mixed in with a crushed ice / water / vitamin B12 zero sugar energy mixers.

The B12 kept me awake and alert without the sugar/caffeine crash you'd get from coffee or redbull, and the clean vodka (relatively speaking vs. beer, whiskey etc) meant the hangovers weren't too bad, and once I got drinking again the next day the good times continued. Only took me a day or two once I got back to feel normal again as well.

Best of luck!
Old 04-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #1510
bgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears View Post
when I went to vegas for 7 days straight I survived by drinking grey goose vodka (the extra filtering does wonders) mixed in with a crushed ice / water / vitamin B12 zero sugar energy mixers.

The B12 kept me awake and alert without the sugar/caffeine crash you'd get from coffee or redbull, and the clean vodka (relatively speaking vs. beer, whiskey etc) meant the hangovers weren't too bad, and once I got drinking again the next day the good times continued. Only took me a day or two once I got back to feel normal again as well.

Best of luck!
I'm heading down to Maryland to hang out at a friends compound for lack of a better term, fishing, off roading, bonfires, guns, dirt bikes, jet skis, boats and lots of booze (not to be mixed with motor vehicles or guns)
Old 04-14-2014, 06:33 PM   #1511
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

where is your dedication, BG? i am disappoint

Quote:

Old 04-14-2014, 06:48 PM   #1512
bgsmith

I just did this, front squats almost killed me

3x5 front squat at 225 lbs
3x8 thrusters at 95 lbs

3x20 hip adduction machine
3x20 hip abduction machine

5 rounds of
10 goblet squats with 28kg KB
10 push ups
3:44

100 sit-ups
Old 04-17-2014, 10:33 AM   #1513
dabears

played hockey monday night, and I noticed my squat/deadlift/OHP etc. workout sunday directly affected my ability to perform... my muscles were fatigued and not 100%. Very late game and it's hard to sleep after, only got ~5ish hours of sleep. Tuesday my hips and groin were sore to the point of physical pain even when just sitting at my desk. I went home and had a 2 hour nap, then ended up going to bed a few hours later anyways.

Last night we played again late, I got ~6 hours of sleep this time around. We were down 0-1 in the best of 3 series, and with monday/last nights win we are now in the finals. Everything hurts.

Luckily we don't play again for 8 days, so I'll use this time to get my workouts in. I'm dead tired today but I will see how I perform at the gym. I should be able to get 5 workouts in before next friday's game and still get a rest day thursday. I won't workout the day before a hockey game again, as I don't recover in time and I need to be 100% so I don't let my team down.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:36 PM   #1514
dabears

Lower back / legs were done from hockey, skipped front squats / leg press and substituted with some pullups. Very tired today.

Bench Press
185 x 5
185 x 4
175 x 4
175 x 4

Bicep Curl
70 x 10

Chinups x 8
Pullups-Neutral x 5
Pullups-Wide x 4

Pushups

1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,5 - 41 total
Old 04-17-2014, 08:22 PM   #1515
z00

My Ride: E46 M3 Manual
You guys are like my friends, all about the booze for fun. When planning next week's vacation in DR my friends were making fun of me when I was saying lets have an hour in fitness center daily at the resort. Go play water volleyball or tennis. They just wanna eat and drink.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:25 PM   #1516
dabears

Weighed 173.8 this morning, and I'm the strongest I've ever been. Definitely have lost a good 10 lbs of fat over past two months, glad to know what I've been doing has been working

Sent from my SGH-I337M using BimmerApp mobile app
Old 04-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #1517
XKxRome0ox
Black and Proud

nudes

Quote:

Old 04-19-2014, 03:53 PM   #1518
dabears

something was very wrong today. I'm hoping it was a time deal.

I am exhausted, and have no reason to be. Got 10 hours of sleep, had a solid meal of bacon / eggs / hashbrowns prior to training.

Squats
205 x 5
225 x 4
225 x 4
205 x 5

These felt "great". Then the issues starting coming when I was warming up for deadlift.

I got 275 x 1, and felt like I was going to pass out. Took a FIVE minute rest and was still feeling really weird and dizzy. Went to start my worksets, 295 x 2... couldn't get it off the ground.

I gave up on deadlifts and went to OHP. I warmed up with 95 lbs, and after 5 reps I felt fatigued. Went for 135, barely got it up halfway.

Left the gym because I felt really dizzy / tons of malaise. Not good.

I'm hoping I was just "off" today... I don't think my CNS is overtrained or anything.

It's been 30 minutes and I still feel weird.
Old 04-19-2014, 05:05 PM   #1519
SeanC

My Ride: 330i
Body works in mysterious ways. I think it has a lot to do with the amount of weight you lost recently. Give it some time to adapt. Maybe even up the calories to maintenance levels.

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

Sapphire Black MetallicNatural BrownSilver Cube e46 330i ZHP/ZCW/6MT - Sold
HellrotDove Grey e36 ///M3 - RIP
Alpine WhiteTanSand High Gloss e46 330i SunRoofLess/5MT
SeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:24 AM   #1520
DylloS

could just be an off day. I pulled 365 about 2 months ago and literally told my buddy to hold me because I felt like I was passing out. Then 405 2 weeks ago felt like a 225lb dead does in terms of after effect. I felt great. sh1t just happens sometimes.