E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum

Bavarian Soundwerks' Mobile Electronics Forum
Have all your A/V and electronics questions answered here. Ipods, A/V, Radar Detectors Oh My!
Sponsored by Bavarian Soundwerks

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 227 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-02-2014, 02:52 PM   #561
PeteyEsco

My Ride: '02 325xiT
Anyone using the Garmin app on their Avin?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oid.obn.client

I do not like using Google for navigation.

Last edited by PeteyEsco; 05-02-2014 at 02:52 PM. Reason: spelling
PeteyEsco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:28 PM   #562
alirz

My Ride: E46 M3 Coupe.2003
can someone please tell me if the screen/display of the unit can be turned off manually for e.g at night.. so that music, radio and the unit itself stays on in the back but the display is off?
alirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2014, 10:29 PM   #563
raichean

My Ride: 2004 e46 M3 cabrio
Quote:
Originally Posted by alirz View Post
can someone please tell me if the screen/display of the unit can be turned off manually for e.g at night.. so that music, radio and the unit itself stays on in the back but the display is off?
Yes.. push the righthand dial, once goes to dimmer, twice goes to off, thrice come back on full brightness.
raichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 04:49 PM   #564
Makki

My Ride: E46 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
Yes.. push the righthand dial, once goes to dimmer ...
Right. And for the next version I'd wish a third "ultra-low" dim-level as it's still much too bright at night on the highway..
And for HW V3 a way to use the right dial to "select" (Enter) instead of the seldom used dim-function (short/long press?) or even better: a light-sensor just doing this automatically as on every other Android device

Michael
Makki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 06:43 PM   #565
Bishopgoldy

My Ride: '05 M3 '92 325is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makki View Post
Right. And for the next version I'd wish a third "ultra-low" dim-level as it's still much too bright at night on the highway..
And for HW V3 a way to use the right dial to "select" (Enter) instead of the seldom used dim-function (short/long press?) or even better: a light-sensor just doing this automatically as on every other Android device

Michael
Agreed and I wish if I turn the screen off I can still change tracks without it being on again

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Bishopgoldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 07:16 PM   #566
SKR7

My Ride: E46 MY04.5 SMG M3
Is it possible to adjust the 'default' for the dimmer function. Currently it seems to always come on in 'I will blind you at night -mode' and I'd rather it came on in the lower of the two levels.

Appreciate any advice.
Old 05-05-2014, 12:32 PM   #567
Qtonic

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bishopgoldy View Post
Agreed and I wish if I turn the screen off I can still change tracks without it being on again
Agreed. I think this should be requested. I'll try to remember to mention it to Avin. Maybe other people can too.
Qtonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 12:37 PM   #568
Qtonic

My Ride: M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Makki View Post

Michael
In the beta version I'm testing there's an included app called screen filter that works very well for that. Basically it dims both settings, so when activated it you get five levels (including off). Really liking it for night driving.

You may look for something similar on the app store or wait for the next release to get it.
Qtonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #569
alirz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtonic View Post
Agreed. I think this should be requested. I'll try to remember to mention it to Avin. Maybe other people can too.
Yup this will be VERY useful
Old 05-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #570
alirz

Can someone please shed some light on the bluetooth phone quality...Im hearing that it sounds pretty bad to the person on the other side due to the microphone?
lots of noise and stuff.
thanks
Old 05-08-2014, 10:54 AM   #571
alirz

Can someone please shed some light on the bluetooth phone quality for the AVIN 2...Im hearing that it sounds pretty bad to the person on the other side due to the microphone?
lots of noise and stuff.
thanks

Last edited by alirz; 05-08-2014 at 10:55 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 11:34 AM   #572
yujini

My Ride: E46 M3
Quote:
Can someone please shed some light on the bluetooth phone quality for the AVIN 2...Im hearing that it sounds pretty bad to the person on the other side due to the microphone?
lots of noise and stuff.
thanks
I don't use it anymore because people on the other side complained a lot.
On the other hand, the music streaming part is good.
yujini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:51 AM   #573
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
Quote:
Originally Posted by yujini View Post
I don't use it anymore because people on the other side complained a lot.
On the other hand, the music streaming part is good.
What kind of noise are you guys hearing via Bluetooth phone calls? The microphone is positioned high on the deck and directed at the driver. But this location is also close to the AC vents too so if you have the AC blowing air across the microphone you might hear some noise from that. During a Bluetooth phone call its recommended to turn down the music and the AC so the caller does not hear all that external stuff and only your voice.
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #574
Bishopgoldy

Ive nvr had a problem

Old 05-10-2014, 04:01 PM   #575
alirz

Please urgent help needed.

I just received my avant 2 unit for my 2003 m3 coupe. I've plugged everything in but I have no sound from any source at all...I'm replacing my stock business non navigation radio.

Just to confirm I've plugged the bracket and the Ibus connector to the back for the avant. I also have another bracket(the one with ILL wire) that came with the avant 2 but I guess thats for radios with a different pin layout(I'm not using that one)?

I'm also not using the plug that has various audio in/out RCA plugs. I assume that for after market amps and stuff?

The bracket that is currently hooked in the back of the unit has a wire for REVERSE, PARKING, AMP...and maybe one other wire...those are currently not used...

The unit turns on. I have a media car in the slot and I can see my music.

If it seems everything has been installed good then how come I have zero sound from any inputs, radio, media SD, Bluetooth etc... Please help....

Thanks

Old 05-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #576
dibidib

My Ride: e46 318 touring
Thumbs Up the best and closed interest. thx to tommy

I search a lat of systems. And i decided for avant-2. I think i am lucky because i bought last avant2 from tommy.

Now we are waiting the avan-2 with forward.

Maybe after in Turkey market we can be distributor for AVIN at www.bmwnavigasyon.com

We are thinking about same invation for this market.

Thank you Tommy and see you soon again.

We will share photo and video when we are make mounting and after with operation.
dibidib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:11 PM   #577
tommy@avinusa.com
AKA: M3Evolution

My Ride: 2003 M3 SMG
alirz: It might be that the blue wire that triggers the factory amp to power on might not be sending a strong enough signal for your BMW. Do not worry there is a simple solution for this. I have emailed you the step by step guide how to fix this and soon you will have sound working from all of your speakers. Please check your email for the instructions.

Last edited by tommy@avinusa.com; 05-10-2014 at 06:13 PM.
tommy@avinusa.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:45 PM   #578
alirz

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy@avinusa.com View Post
alirz: It might be that the blue wire that triggers the factory amp to power on might not be sending a strong enough signal for your BMW. Do not worry there is a simple solution for this. I have emailed you the step by step guide how to fix this and soon you will have sound working from all of your speakers. Please check your email for the instructions.
Awesome tommy. Thanks.
That solved the issue.

On another note i seem to have quite some static/interference noise if i simply increase the unit's volume when no music or anything is playing..I think the interference comes from the ibus interface from my past experience. Do you know if there's any way to fix this...i hate the random pops,clicks and whining sounds..

i recorded the noise with my iphone, when the car was simply standing still, engine not running, no wind noise or anything. I'll send it you later, you can hear how annoying it is...Though in the recording it sounds louder that it actually is but still very noticeable to human ears
Old 05-10-2014, 09:51 PM   #579
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions
J&T Distributing

My Ride: BMW
Quote:
On another note i seem to have quite some static/interference noise if i simply increase the unit's volume when no music or anything is playing..I think the interference comes from the ibus interface from my past experience. Do you know if there's any way to fix this...i hate the random pops,clicks and whining sounds..

i recorded the noise with my iphone, when the car was simply standing still, engine not running, no wind noise or anything. I'll send it you later, you can hear how annoying it is...Though in the recording it sounds louder that it actually is but still very noticeable to human ears
This is common in amplified systems, the stock amp in your car is amplifying EVERYTHING, not just music. Some people/some cars are more sensitive to this than others so I usually address it on a case by case basis. This goes way back to the early dynavin days and the answer is a simple line output converter installed inline on the speaker wires from the head unit. We used to use the Pac Audio SOEM4 or similar wired (not RCA) LOC. That way you can turn down the signal going to the amp and the noise along with it. Then use the level adjustment on the LOC in conjunction with the head unit to find a happy medium between solid volume levels and low noise.

I havent seen this discussed in conjunction with the Avin yet but the advice and installation is the same regardless of what head unit we are talking about.

LATEST DYNAVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1044105
DYNAVIN FAQ:http://www.jandtdistributing.com/pages/faq-links
///AVIN INFO: http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1015704
TO BUY http://jandtdistributing.com

Last edited by jeffb325@NavigationSolutions; 05-10-2014 at 09:52 PM.
jeffb325@NavigationSolutions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #580
Bishopgoldy

Is there anymore about avant 1 update for android 4.

Tags
android, avant, avin, dynavin, eonon, m3evolution