E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > The Showroom

The Showroom
This is the place to show off your BMW to other members of the community. Post pictures and videos of your car and the modifications you have done to it. If you need a picture of something on a coupe, sedan, convertible or touring you will probably find it here!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-18-2014, 09:07 AM   #401
jdny516

My Ride: E39 ///M5
ZHP with ESS TS3 will be a monster! Gonna be pushing that M3 of yours.
National Capital Chapter #465420
2000 ///M5 ///M Registry
Oxford Green Metallic II (430) | Caramel Nappa Leather (M3CR) | BMW Individual Black Birch |
Tuning Tech Frank Smith Tune
TTFS IAT Kit
TTFS Alpha N
SuperSprint Headers
SuperSprint X-Pipe
Eisenmann Race 4x83mm
DINAN Front Strut Brace
Storm Motorwerks Products

My Progress Thread

2000 323Ci | TiAg | Gray | 5MT | SOLD
jdny516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:00 PM   #402
cak323i
Modded ///Member

My Ride: ///M3 & 330i ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdny516 View Post
ZHP with ESS TS3 will be a monster! Gonna be pushing that M3 of yours.

Jon, I think with TS3....I will pass a stock ///M. Will make for an awesome ZHP!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 04-18-2014 at 03:31 PM.
cak323i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 02:54 PM   #403
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Imola ZHP Progress Thread

I'm at Banchwerks in Providence, RI this morning. Today my ZHP is getting fitted with new Powerflex RTABs for M3's Looking forward to seeing how bad the old ones are...
Had my rear subframes checked and everything looks perfect

Here's a pic of one of the old RTABs before it was removed from the rear trailing arm...

The first RTAB was taken out and you could see the amount of corrosion to the aluminum surround on the OE RTAB bushing. It was pretty bad...

I knew they were bad but didn't realize they were this bad! Mileage is 156,600 at time of replacement. I like how the powerflex busings look when installed

My ZHP is one very lucky car The ///M will be next
2004 TiAg ///M l OEM CSL interior door panels l OEM CSL bootlid l Scorza CSL center console | Navigation | LCM s/w 4.5 triple blink | OEM black interior retrofit | BC Racing BR Coilovers l BMW Performance Carbon Fiber strut bar & Short Shift Kit l Gruppe M carbon kevlar CAI l BMW iPod Integration l Alu Tech interior Trim l Lit F10 ///M5 Shift Knob l Umnitza Orion V4 A/E's l 365AutoSports one piece cf CSL lip | BBS CH & ARC-8 wheel sets

Last edited by cak323i; 04-18-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 01:02 PM   #404
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Got new Euro side mirrors to replace my old set for my OEM M3 side mirrors. These mirrors are awesome!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1398531718.813010.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	555636

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1398531729.410676.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	187.1 KB
ID:	555637

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1398531739.712694.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	184.8 KB
ID:	555638

Name:	ImageUploadedByBimmerApp1398531747.680401.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	555639

Old 05-01-2014, 09:55 PM   #405
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I'll be swapping out my 6th Gen ULF module for something much more current but in a TCU format soon. I will end up losing voice command for my navigation but that's okay since I rarely use this feature...

I placed both modules side by side so you can see the physical differences between the ULF and TCU modules...

The ULF module is on the left and the TCU module is on the right.

Adding this will allow my iPhone 5s to pair allowing me "hands free" in the ZHP Can't thank Derek enough for this!!!

Last edited by cak323i; 05-04-2014 at 10:28 PM.
Old 05-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #406
MR_Se7en

My Ride: Tiag 328i
^ coolest mod on the page IMHO!
Old 05-05-2014, 05:32 PM   #407
sillieidiot

My Ride: '06 AW 330ci
Send a message via AIM to sillieidiot
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
MS45 TS3 came out second half 2009.

Are you sure? I know Stuart (with his prototype tune) is the only car that had a tune, but since he never sent his car to AZ for ESS to get his car tested and the files. That was pretty much it.

Even on the site, it says expected in 09 like it never came out lol

Have a lighting problem? Read this first:
Lighting-related Troubleshooting Guide
sillieidiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:59 PM   #408
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sillieidiot View Post
Are you sure? I know Stuart (with his prototype tune) is the only car that had a tune, but since he never sent his car to AZ for ESS to get his car tested and the files. That was pretty much it.

Even on the site, it says expected in 09 like it never came out lol
Hieu, I will look into this when I'm ready to pull the trigger....right now I have other priorities and need to shift my attention back to the ///M

Last edited by cak323i; 05-05-2014 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-10-2014, 07:36 PM   #409
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Today I finally got a good coat of Pinnacle Soverign wax put on...

To get these results...

And even got my engine bay cleaned out...

Got a little sun but all in all it was a great day

My friend BP hung out all day and helped me replace a few sun shade clips on both of my cars...

He even got a good much needed detail done on his ZHP Those BBS CH wheels look so good on his car

Tomorrow I will finish waxing my car, clean/seal the windows, vacuum my interior as well as polish my tail pipes, and clean my wheels.
Old 11-19-2014, 05:29 PM   #410
cak323i
Modded ///Member

I will finally be completing one project that I started about 3 1/2 years ago on my ZHP. We all know the issues associated with ZKW headlights. Unfortunately BMW will not address this issue unless you're willing to purchase a new set of ZKW headlights (not an option) or a new set of AL headlights.

Initially, I chose to rebuild my ZKW headlights and ended up with what I call vers 1.0 ZKW/Al headlights. Over time I have improved how to rebuild these headlights and rebuilt a few of my friend's ZKW headlights.

Looking back, my headlights were not built with the "quality" I put into rebuilding my friend Channing's headlights so I was left with a strong desire to revisit improving my headlights.

That realization became a reality for me when Tony (TWong1200 at ZHP Mafia) provided me the opportunity to buy his headlights. Today his AL headlights along with a fresh set of ZKW lenses arrived at my place and I now have another project that, this time, will complete on a very permanent basis

Tony's package after I took delivery of it...

My AL headlight assemblies resting on my counter (w/ original silver headlight trim)

My spare ZKW headlight trim inserted into my AL headlights (silver doesn't look as good as black on Imola Red)

and my spare ZKW lenses

I will have to swap my angel eyes from my old headlight assemblies into these AL headlight assemblies (but that's the easy part) then the swap will begin. Looking forward to putting this issue finally to rest over the upcoming weekend.....

Thanks again Tony!

Last edited by cak323i; 11-19-2014 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-20-2014, 12:37 AM   #411
jiggz

My Ride: '05 ZHP & '12 X5 50i
Most of it looks great

But I totally do not get the smoked lights, especially on a facelift sedan…and especially on IR. I know looks are subjective, but to me it just screams cheap chinese aftermarket. Why aren't you running OEM R/C/R's, or at least the original OEM ambers? Anything would look better than smoked lights.

Just my .02.
jiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:58 AM   #412
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Imola ZHP Progress Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Most of it looks great

But I totally do not get the smoked lights, especially on a facelift sedan...and especially on IR. I know looks are subjective, but to me it just screams cheap chinese aftermarket. Why aren't you running OEM R/C/R's, or at least the original OEM ambers? Anything would look better than smoked lights.

Just my .02.

Like you said looks are subjective. To be honest...I happen to like this look and the majority of people who have seen my car in person have all complemented me on my car. I myself prefer my Eagle Eyes although there are many out there who would prefer RCRs instead.

As for ambers.....not with Imola I'm afraid. I would rather go with smoked/Imola over amber/Imola any day. In my opinion, ambers look much better with black, green, or orient blue. Thanks for your input jiggz

Last edited by cak323i; 11-20-2014 at 08:49 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #413
jiggz

My Ride: '05 ZHP & '12 X5 50i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cak323i View Post
Like you said looks are subjective. To be honest...I happen to like this look and the majority of people who have seen my car in person have all complemented me on my car. I myself prefer my Eagle Eyes although there are many out there who would prefer RCRs instead.

As for ambers.....not with Imola I'm afraid. I would rather go with smoked/Imola over amber/Imola any day. In my opinion, ambers look much better with black, green, or orient blue. Thanks for your input jiggz
Gotcha…and yes I'm sure you get lots of compliments on your car. On both cars!
jiggz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 10:50 AM   #414
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiggz View Post
Gotcha...and yes I'm sure you get lots of compliments on your car. On both cars!

Who knows....someday I might get tired of the smoked look and end up going all clears.....just to change things out a bit but I will never go back to ambers with my Imola ride...

I think a little criticism is a good thing because it will allow me to look at things from another person's eyes. I thank you for that As much as I like having lowered rides... I find that my ZHP is just a tad bit lower than my ///M. To me, there's something about a lowered BMW sedan that I kinda like seeing... yeah, I have to be much more careful when driving but I like the ride... Again, thanks for the complements and inputs. Keep them comming

Last edited by cak323i; 11-20-2014 at 10:51 AM.
Old 11-20-2014, 05:15 PM   #415
austine46

My Ride: 04 325ci zsp
wow amazing

follow my instagram!- "@austinsrice"
austine46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 07:28 PM   #416
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austine46 View Post
wow amazing
Thank you sir!
Old 11-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #417
austine46

your m in your sig too

Old 11-20-2014, 08:52 PM   #418
cak323i
Modded ///Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by austine46 View Post
your m in your sig too
Thanks!

Still work in progress
Old 11-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #419
anandoc

My Ride: 2004 330i
@cak323i fantastic thread and great work on your car!! The images posted in the earlier part of the thread seem to be missing - could you maybe re-host them? Thanks!

2004 BMW 330i premium package
Old 11-21-2014, 07:15 AM   #420
austine46

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandoc View Post
@cak323i fantastic thread and great work on your car!! The images posted in the earlier part of the thread seem to be missing - could you maybe re-host them? Thanks!
Agreed