E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Photography

Photography

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-11-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
dinanm3atl

My Ride: M3
Send a message via AIM to dinanm3atl
First Quarter 2014 - Recent Work

Used to post a decent amount in this section but then got busy. Forgot about it but moved to photography full-time in 2013 and wanted to share the first quarter of 2014 work. More to come of course!

Appreciate C&C and photography discussions. Will be a little photo heavy but hopefully some discussions will arise and can keep the thread going.

My year starts out the same every year for the past 5 or 6. Roar Before the 24 Hour at Daytona. This year Grand-Am and ALMS are merged into IMSA's Tudor. So I shoot the first official sanctioned practice(as well as the winter test but most photos are for clients and I don't share them most of the time).

It is fun to see bare racecars with no livery. Turner debuted their Z4 GT3 at this event.

Turner Motorsports BMW Z4 GT3 TUDOR USCC GTD 01 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Next up is the actual Roar. Get to meet old friends(Racers, teams and other photographers). Make new friends. See many new cars/teams debut here officially.

BimmerWorld Racing BMW 328i Roar 2014 Friday 03 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Turner Motorsports BMW E92 M3 Roar 2014 Friday 14 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia Corcette Racing C7R Roar 2014 Friday 01 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Next up one of the massive events yearly for me. 24 Hours of Daytona. A week of 18+ hour days followed up with a 36 Hour day. By the time you add up getting to the photo meeting. Shooting. Uploading. Sorting. Shooting. Uploading. Sorting... it ends up being 36 Hours.

Alex Job Racing Weathertech Porsche 991 GT America Rolex 24 Hours Daytona Saturday 01 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Muhlner Motorsports Porsche 991 GT America Rolex 24 Hours Daytona Saturday 01 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Action Express AXR Corvette Daytona Prototype Rolex 24 Hours Daytona Saturday 02 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Turner Motorsports BMW Z4 GT3 Rolex 24 Hours Daytona Saturday 01 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Jason Hart Racing Porsche 991 GT America Park Place Motorsports Daytona 04 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Then some fun time. Drove a Lemons car at Barber Motorsports Park... took some pics as well!

24 Hours of Lemons Barber Motorsport Park 03 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Next up Sebring Winter Test...

Turner Motorsports BMW Z4 Sebring Test Tudor Thursday 02 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Falken Tire Porsche 991 Sebring Test Tudor Thursday 02 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Short trip to Naples to hang with a photographer friend before heading home.

Naples Florida Sunset Street Photography EOS 5D MKii Mark 2 12 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Naples Florida Sunset Street Photography EOS 5D MKii Mark 2 13 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Sebring 12 Hour - Epic.

MotorSportMedia Sebring 12 Hour Saturday 498 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia Sebring 12 Hour Saturday 497 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia Sebring 12 Hour Saturday 521 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia Continental Tire Sebring 200 637 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Next up was another fun event. As some of you may follow I own a ChumpCar/Team. Another team(sponsor) built a car and they wanted me to drive it first to give it a shake down... I am not one to turn down that opportunity of course! Drove the Orange E30 for first and last two hours of the 14 Hour race. And took some pics!

ChumpCar VIR 12 Hour March 2014 (1) by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

ChumpCar VIR 12 Hour March 2014 26 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Then it was time for Formula Drift, Tudor and Pirelli World Challenge at Long Beach! Huge weekend of fun.

Long Beach Grand Prix IMSA Tudor Streets Race 21 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Long Beach Grand Prix Tudor IMSA Pirelli World Challenge 6 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Long Beach Grand Prix Formula Drift Motegi Super Drift 11 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Then Laguna Seca was up next. Tudor and CTSCC. Awesome track. Awesome area(food is so good!)

MotorSportMedia Laguna Seca Tudor Saturday (15) by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia Laguna Seca Tudor Saturday 2 by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia IMSA CTSCC Laguna Seca (6) by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia IMSA CTSCC Laguna Seca (11) by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Did some national parks and San Francisco before heading home. Great two days relaxing and just shooting(being a tourist) for 2 days.

Golden Gate Bridge San Francisco HDR Sunrise by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Sequoia National Park Thick Fog Huge Trees by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

Last but not least Formula Drift was in town this past Fri/Sat. Fun event that normally I cannot shoot but with the new Tudor series some weekends moved!

MotorSportMedia Road Atlanta Formula Drift (34) by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia Road Atlanta Formula Drift (5) by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia Road Atlanta Formula Drift (27) by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr

MotorSportMedia Road Atlanta Formula Drift (3) by Halston Pitman | MotorSportMedia, on Flickr
dinanm3atl is offline   Reply With Quote