E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 07:39 AM   #1
ryanwhite74115

My Ride: 2011 Hyundai Sonata
Concealed Carry for Professionals - How???

I'm an attorney. I have a CC permit. I am baffled still at how to CC when not wearing a suit. Essentially, is it possible to CC when wearing a white shirt/tie and dress pants or not. Or is is just limited to something like a pocket gun/ankle holster?

I wear suits plenty, but not every day. EVERY day however I do have a tucked in dress shirt with a tie. How do you conceal with that?
ryanwhite74115 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:47 AM   #2
NOVAbimmer

My Ride: 14 Impala FXST M796
http://www.undertechundercover.com/

I googled concealed carry t-shirt and this was the first that came up. There are several different manufacturers, though. I think Reedo posted a different one a few weeks back. You're not going to win a quick draw with one of these, though, that's for sure.
Old 05-09-2014, 07:51 AM   #3
dragondrpr

My Ride: 03 325xi
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 View Post
I'm an attorney. I have a CC permit. I am baffled still at how to CC when not wearing a suit. Essentially, is it possible to CC when wearing a white shirt/tie and dress pants or not. Or is is just limited to something like a pocket gun/ankle holster?

I wear suits plenty, but not every day. EVERY day however I do have a tucked in dress shirt with a tie. How do you conceal with that?
IM sure you'll get better results in a gun forum...dcik

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
dragondrpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:53 AM   #4
ryanwhite74115

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOVAbimmer View Post
http://www.undertechundercover.com/

I googled concealed carry t-shirt and this was the first that came up. There are several different manufacturers, though. I think Reedo posted a different one a few weeks back. You're not going to win a quick draw with one of these, though, that's for sure.
Oh I can see that going real swell. "Wait sir, lemme just un-button all my dress clothes to access my inaccessible handgun to blow you away. Just oneeeeee more minute. Yep, there we go! BANG!"

Should I just be looking at an ankle holster?

I'm not buying new suits. 3 of my suits alone each cost $800. My shirts are average whatever shirts for the most part, but my suits, they are an investment for me. And they fit me great. I could probably ram a gun in the waist....I just don't know what to do about when I'm not wearing a jacket cause it's 100+ degrees outside.

Last edited by ryanwhite74115; 05-09-2014 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:40 AM   #5
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive

I have one. it works. There are several companies that make this type of holster.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:38 AM   #6
GlockMan

My Ride: Suburban LT 4x4
If you are serious, try a nylon pocket holster with Bodyguard 38. It is only 14oz.

5 rounds
laser

Worst cast get your gun pockets reinforced by a tailor.

Ranting about Panny plasmas, Canon cameras, Glocks, BlueNile, and HDMI cables on a BMW board since 2005.

2007 Chevy Suburban LT 4x4 with Nav/Bose/DVD/JL (works for me)
1968 Ford Mustang with Polk/ADS (my first car)

2007 Lexus GS350 with every option
2000 BMW DINAN M5
2001 BMW 330ci
GlockMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:37 AM   #7
RelaxIN

My Ride: BMW 330Ci
I have a super tuck holster that I use with a dress shirt and pants... Feels great and you really can't tell unless you are looking for it.... I carry a Glock 26 in the summer time and a 228 in the winter...
RelaxIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:53 AM   #8
ryanwhite74115

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelaxIN View Post
I have a super tuck holster that I use with a dress shirt and pants... Feels great and you really can't tell unless you are looking for it.... I carry a Glock 26 in the summer time and a 228 in the winter...
Can you take a pic of how you have the supertuck with a dress shirt?

I really wanted a p938 or S&W Shield.

And yes, I'm seriously considering an ankle holster or some type of belly band (it'll just look like I have a gut haha)

Last edited by ryanwhite74115; 05-09-2014 at 11:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2014, 01:54 PM   #9
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanwhite74115 View Post
Can you take a pic of how you have the supertuck with a dress shirt?

I really wanted a p938 or S&W Shield.

And yes, I'm seriously considering an ankle holster or some type of belly band (it'll just look like I have a gut haha)
I posted a video of what he's talking about.

I carry the S&W shield in it every day. No one knows i'm packing. Not even the people i work with every day. My wife didn't know for months until i showed her.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat
MP0WER is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:47 AM   #10
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Deep concealment and quick access don't always go hand in hand, you'll need to decide what's more important to you.

I have a Comptac MTAC which is tuckable, but I don't trust it enough to wear in an extremely NPE. I've noticed that my shirt has a tendency to become untucked after a few hours of moving around (Sitting, bending etc). I'd stand up after sitting for a while and BAM! grip was exposed. Not a huge issue when I lived in TX, because my office was super small and extremely casual (Often wore my shirt untucked).

But here in VA, I have to be more careful. I've tried carrying in bag (which means sometimes leaving it at my desk) and AIWB, (Uncomfortable after a few hours of sitting)

I'm going to try a different AIWB holster, and then give the Smartcarry holster a try.

One thing that's really helped office carry for me over the winter is a sweater vest. Most offices are cold as sh!t anyhow.
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote