E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!

Polls & Surveys - Please Participate!
This forum contains "official" polls and surveys

View Poll Results: Would you debadge a 330 if you own/ownd one?
Yes, I would go for the clean sleeper look... 29 29.00%
No, Im too proud/would be too proud to hide the fact that it's a 330... 36 36.00%
Neutral, couldn't care less/ wouldn't interest me... 35 35.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #141
Mango
A full five stars, son
 
Mango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,906
My Ride: M54B30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb328i View Post
As an owner of a E30, I disagree with you.
lol. i've owned three E30s. nothing new here
__________________
A lifetime free of problems if you follow my guides
Cooling | Maintenance | Suspension | Vacuum | Supreme Reliability | Details

OVER A MILLION VIEWS
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #142
BeMyWhip
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: The Big Apple USA
Posts: 3,542
My Ride: 01 BMW 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb328i View Post
wait, wait, wait, WAIT.............I am going to get a dozen of my friends to vote and that will decide YOUR future. Too bad you do not have the ability to decide on your own.
Lets have a vote NOW, on what color he should paint this car. Since it is not my car..........I vote PINK.
Ok. good one. Did you think it up by yourself? You really have nothing better to do with your time? Lol. Sad sad sad. Your a funny guy. Ok guy, later. Oh please dont response im not interested. Ttt
__________________
Always Mod!!!
Founder: 330Ci The 3 litre coupe
BeMyWhip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #143
rcsummers
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suburbia, NJ
Posts: 3,861
My Ride: M3
debadge all the way.
__________________
rcsummers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:06 PM   #144
Riverbmr3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: H-town
Posts: 4,015
My Ride: slow 3
i debadge my car because its a poor and cheap 325 only
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #145
Teraxx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 166
My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinoybmr3 View Post
i debadge my car because its a poor and cheap 325 only
See, now I always thought this was the primary reason TO debadge. But it seems more people do it on here for a 'clean' look (which I personally don't get...as a driver and car dude, I like to know what model of car is in front of me instead of trying to figure it out/guess!)
Teraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #146
Teraxx
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 166
My Ride: 2002 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeMyWhip View Post
Vote people, because in the end I will do whatever the final tally says
The percentage of people voting No or Neutral/Not interested has actually grown to 71% vs. a drop to 29% in favor of a debadge.

The United States of Fanatics has spoken! Leave 'er be!

Last edited by Teraxx; 07-11-2013 at 04:19 PM.
Teraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #147
jayb328i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 825
My Ride: E46 2000 328i
Is the population of voters significant enough to give you accurate results? I would hope you are not making a mistake.
jayb328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:46 PM   #148
Stinger9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,933
My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayb328i View Post
Is the population of voters significant enough to give you accurate results?
Entirely statistically accurate enough to predict with certainty a Presidential election.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #149
jared_wiesner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 746
My Ride: 1999 328i (M54b30)
I like to leave my 328 badge on so when I smoke 330's and ZHP's they are like... the hell was that!
__________________
jared_wiesner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:41 PM   #150
Stinger9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,933
My Ride: '04 330Ci
That must be because of the strong Canadian dollar!
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #151
jared_wiesner
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ontario Canada
Posts: 746
My Ride: 1999 328i (M54b30)
If you own/owed a 330, would you debadge it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger9 View Post
That must be because of the strong Canadian dollar!
I Don't think I follow?


Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
__________________
jared_wiesner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #152
DarkSyde330ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Indianapolis,IN
Posts: 285
My Ride: COUPE
Yeah I guess I'm not high enough to get that one.
__________________
DarkSyde330ci

Last edited by DarkSyde330ci; 07-12-2013 at 06:02 PM.
DarkSyde330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 01:36 AM   #153
JapanRot325ci
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,360
My Ride: '04 M54b25Ci
thinking of debadging my car....very intresting tread, decided not to debadge due to commnets
__________________
meh
JapanRot325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 02:41 AM   #154
camrydriver111
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 255
My Ride: 05 325i
I wouldn't debadge even a 320i.

Mods lower the value of the car IMO. Would you buy a mostly stock E30 or one that someone modded and personalized over the years?

Debadging also looks like you're trying to hide it's a 320i or 325i. Stock all the way!

Last edited by camrydriver111; 05-27-2014 at 02:42 AM.
camrydriver111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:03 AM   #155
jayb328i
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 825
My Ride: E46 2000 328i
Debadging tell me more about the owner of the car--that he thinks his car and his persona will be elevated by his attempt to disguise the car he is driving. He has a severe case of being concerned about what others think of him, and a false assumption that debadging changes this. Just the opposite, debadging shows one has self-image issues. Saw a BMW a few years ago that had a 5-series badge on it--but it was a 3 series (325?). Wonder what the driver would think of others who recognize his dishonesty.
jayb328i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 09:57 AM   #156
Stinger9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,933
My Ride: '04 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by camrydriver111 View Post

Debadging also looks like you're trying to hide it's a 320i or 325i. Stock all the way!
For the most part I highly agree, however I will make a case for an exception.
I've seen 330's that were immediately and obviously so meticulously taken care of that it looked as if they were always freshly clayed, polished, detailed, and waxed. Everywhere you looked the car seemed to gleam. On these cars without the badge (removed so you had more open expanse of beautiful paint) you could not make a case that anyone was trying to hide a lowly car. The expensive wheels and 330 size brakes reinforced that impression.
The overall impression was 'show car' and I was impressed.
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 04:02 PM   #157
Riverbmr3
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: H-town
Posts: 4,015
My Ride: slow 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teraxx View Post
See, now I always thought this was the primary reason TO debadge. But it seems more people do it on here for a 'clean' look (which I personally don't get...as a driver and car dude, I like to know what model of car is in front of me instead of trying to figure it out/guess!)
the only reason i keep it because i bought my car brand new

Last edited by Riverbmr3; 05-27-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Riverbmr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:47 PM   #158
C00KIE M0NSTER
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 19
My Ride: ZHP Coupe


__________________
<- C is for Cookie ->
'04 ZHP Coupe 6spd

\ - U ///Mirin? - /
C00KIE M0NSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:15 AM   #159
Stinger9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York
Posts: 7,933
My Ride: '04 330Ci
That's what I'm talking about-------pristine!
Stinger9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 09:03 PM   #160
tailo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: virginia
Posts: 1,284
My Ride: 02 330I
To me it looks like you were rear ended and was to cheap to replace the emblem. IMHO it makes you look broke regardless of what model car its on. I could be called a purist though. I think they look best when in stock form, once you start adding non BMW wheels, aftermarket body parts, and changing small trim it cheapens the car. If it was supposed to come that way BMW would have done it. To much aftermarket and debadged makes the car look like a old Honda SI that people used to modify way back in the day.

Don't get offended because your car is clean but they could be sisters lol



Last edited by tailo; 05-28-2014 at 09:13 PM.
tailo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is OFF





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:29 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use