E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > Gun Talk

Gun Talk
Are you a gun fanatic as well? If so, you'll want to talk to other owners about what you own in this forum.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-24-2014, 03:31 AM   #1
CRZY BMW

My Ride: has wings & a prop
Pigs now flying in California

Since the San Diego lawsuit and sub-sequential 9th circuit decision Orange County has pretty much become "shall issue." Sheriff Hutchens approved $1.5 million to bring on a number of retired deputies to process the 3000+ applications. Hundreds have already been issued in OC.

I am almost through my process. All I'm waiting on is my final appointment to check my firearms and pay the fee. I submitted an application, had my interview with a deputy, had a residence check, took a 16 hour firearms course where you're required to shoot 200 rounds plus 75 for each additional gun (it was actually quite informative and I learned a few things), completed livescan fingerprinting. Should only be another week or two!

You can have up to three guns on the permit. I recently picked up a M&P Shield in 9mm, have my XD9 sub-compact in the photo below covering up my personal info and a S&W 442 .38. My PJ holster arrives this week for the Shield, I grabbed a Galco IWB for the XD that I've been breaking in empty and finally an ankle holster for the 442.

I never thought this would be possible in California!

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

Last edited by CRZY BMW; 05-24-2014 at 03:33 AM.
CRZY BMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #2
MP0WER

My Ride: is fun to drive
Deputy interview.... residence check... 3 firearms per permit..... what load of crap. I mean congrats on the CCW permit for sure, but what a load of garbage they make you go though. Particularly the ones i mentioned. A reasonable knowledge base and training is a reasonable requirement in my opinion but seriously, what purpose does an interview with a deputy serve? And if you're allowed to carry a firearm, why limit a permit to 3 specific types? And a residence check, WTF? I'm not sure i even want to ask how much money it cost to get the permit.

Still, don't get me wrong, i suppose this is a step in the right direction and maybe some of these garbage requirements will get relaxed or even go away in the future.

"Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else." — Frédéric Bastiat

Last edited by MP0WER; 05-24-2014 at 08:29 AM.
MP0WER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:18 AM   #3
JonJon
Tinfoilhatatarian

My Ride: .
Send a message via AIM to JonJon
What horseshiet

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'busa View Post
I agree with JonJon.
JonJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 10:29 AM   #4
PapiOcho

My Ride: CRV
Aww, I thought you meant this!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1400945339249.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	24.3 KB
ID:	559538  
PapiOcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
Sentaruu

My Ride: Xterra
Quote:
Originally Posted by PapiOcho View Post
Aww, I thought you meant this!

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
I came in with the same expectation.
Old 05-25-2014, 02:47 PM   #6
ddaniel1
CWO4 (Ret)

My Ride: 328i, M3, 525iT
What was the residence check? Keep us posted, I may start this process.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:39 AM   #7
Ghostie

My Ride: What else?
Congrats, it's a huge step for California. We own similar guns and holsters
Ghostie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 01:23 PM   #8
CRZY BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddaniel1 View Post
What was the residence check? Keep us posted, I may start this process.
They come by to verify you actually live there. I wasn't home but I believe they showed my picture to a neighbor and they verified I live here.

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=309167&stc=1&d=1238667257

Old 05-27-2014, 01:27 PM   #9
CRZY BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
Deputy interview.... residence check... 3 firearms per permit..... what load of crap. I mean congrats on the CCW permit for sure, but what a load of garbage they make you go though. Particularly the ones i mentioned. A reasonable knowledge base and training is a reasonable requirement in my opinion but seriously, what purpose does an interview with a deputy serve? And if you're allowed to carry a firearm, why limit a permit to 3 specific types? And a residence check, WTF? I'm not sure i even want to ask how much money it cost to get the permit.

Still, don't get me wrong, i suppose this is a step in the right direction and maybe some of these garbage requirements will get relaxed or even go away in the future.
I agree, but before it was impossible to get before... It cost a lot!

$180 firearms course
$140 in ammo to qualify 3 guns
$92 Livescan
$93 permit cost
$15 passport photos
$520 total

Last edited by CRZY BMW; 05-28-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:59 PM   #10
ddaniel1
CWO4 (Ret)

My Ride: 328i, M3, 525iT
It appears San Diego is still holding on, waiting for the appeal.