E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > New Member Introductions

New Member Introductions
New members check-in, introduce yourselves, and post a picture of your BMW here!

Old 06-10-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
m3babay

My Ride: M3 2003
Exclamation my bmw m3 smg wont start is mess uped need help please

i have a bmw m3 e46 and the smg indicator light is flashing zero and also have the yellow COG light on the car wont start and won change gear already changed the battery and tested the salmon relay and nothing when i was driving on a hot day the car stalled out and gear was in zero and the engine had turned off it started 2 more times and after i was driving off the parking lot it turned off again now it has not started since i changed the battery becuase it had only 10volts now new battery is installed the duralast platinum now it read12.5 also the service engine soon light is on and pulled only one code at auto zone stating p044 evaporative emission system purge control valve circuit open i took out the salmon relay after i installed the new battery and ordered a new one from carquest looks like the same relay salmon and everything becuase at first the little whining noise wasnt happening when i unlocked the car but now it does and still nothing i ve checked for leaks and havent found any i dont know how to check the fluid for teh transmissino and or the smg pump i dont have any money right now and the car has been sitting for almost two weeks
m3babay is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:16 PM   #2
m3babay

Took it to the dealership after after 200 dollors worth of towing it there and said that the equipment they have cant communicate with the car i dont know what to do they unpluged and pluged in the smg pump plug and it turned on but now says its not turning on anymore i dont know if this is a good way to know but i dont have that kind of money right now am thinking am going to have to do leave it and sell it as is until someone who can afford to get it fixed can buy it from me
Old 06-23-2014, 05:41 PM   #3
m3babay

Well vot the m3 to start and the smg light off i have a vacuum leak that needs real attention. P0444 and also thi king of tcleaning the throllte body and the ignition control valve