E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Forced Induction Forum Sponsored by Active Autowerke
Discuss supercharging, turbocharging and even nitrous and water injection here.
Sponsored by Active Autowerke

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 11 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-11-2014, 03:35 PM   #81
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
What parts of your exhaust were custom made and what is BW, I'm looking into a BW exhaust and I have future plans for max psi also...
Old 06-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #82
BrianSpilner

My Ride: Max PSI Stage 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
What parts of your exhaust were custom made and what is BW, I'm looking into a BW exhaust and I have future plans for max psi also...
BW stands for BimmerWorld. The only 'custom' part of my exhaust is the part coming off the turbo and goes to section 2. Because the Max PSI kit assumes you're going to an OEM-like 2 pipe section 2, but the BW race is a single 3.5" all the way back. It's about a 6" piece of pipe that needs to be welded in; no big deal.
BrianSpilner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:43 PM   #83
mike@maximumpsi

My Ride: 02M3T
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDUB328I View Post
We will have a 3.5" system shortly, so get in touch with us before picking up the BW system!
Click here for E46Fanatics 1/4 mile standings
Like us on facebook to follow our latest builds and upcoming events!
mike@maximumpsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #84
BrianSpilner

Post #2 updated with pictures of the continued progress of the roll cage!
Old 06-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #85
BrianSpilner

Post #2 updated again as of June 20, 2014 with the completion of the chromoly roll cage (still needs to be painted)
Old 06-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #86
gt35rm3

My Ride: Turbo E36 M3, E92 M3
Alright, now put some ms109 in the tank and make some videos!
gt35rm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:07 PM   #87
BrianSpilner

Quote:
Originally Posted by gt35rm3 View Post
Alright, now put some ms109 in the tank and make some videos!
Dynos on MS109 will be done either by end of this week or next. UUC Clutch and flywheel need some breaking in
Old 06-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #88
gt35rm3

My Ride: Turbo E36 M3, E92 M3
Install it, then beat the **** out of it....done!!
gt35rm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:00 AM   #89
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

My Ride: 330i, 330Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBoss View Post
Post #2 updated again as of June 20, 2014 with the completion of the chromoly roll cage (still needs to be painted)
Woah!!!

That is not even close to being legal as a "roll bar".

What is missing:

- Back-stays going from the top corner of the main hoop, to the shock tower plates.
- Diagonal bar from driver's top corner of main hoop, to floor of passenger side
- Cross bar at mid-level of main hoop. (Also known as harness bar)
- Diagonal door bar; can be removable (Must go from the main hoop to the base of the A-pillar area, and be terminated with a base plate)

I realize that this an optional thing for you, but if you are going to do it, why not do it right. What you have started, and it looks very nice, isn't going to provide the protection I believe you are looking for. The main hoop, while providing additional protection to the OEM chassis, could collapse under roll-over conditions.

Sorry for being so critical of something that has obviously been fabricated at a very high level, but I have a lot of "bad" experience to draw from.

Last edited by PEI330Ci; 06-24-2014 at 07:02 AM.
PEI330Ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:04 AM   #90
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

And for anyone thinking I'm giving KrisBoss a hard time.

He is one of the very few that I've seen address personal safety on a street car. I commend him for that.
Old 06-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #91
BrianSpilner

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEI330Ci View Post
Woah!!!

That is not even close to being legal as a "roll bar".

What is missing:

- Back-stays going from the top corner of the main hoop, to the shock tower plates.
- Diagonal bar from driver's top corner of main hoop, to floor of passenger side
- Cross bar at mid-level of main hoop. (Also known as harness bar)
- Diagonal door bar; can be removable (Must go from the main hoop to the base of the A-pillar area, and be terminated with a base plate)

I realize that this an optional thing for you, but if you are going to do it, why not do it right. What you have started, and it looks very nice, isn't going to provide the protection I believe you are looking for. The main hoop, while providing additional protection to the OEM chassis, could collapse under roll-over conditions.

Sorry for being so critical of something that has obviously been fabricated at a very high level, but I have a lot of "bad" experience to draw from.
After reading this I was confused, so I went back to the pictures I posted and realized I didn't upload the 'complete' ones. The items in bold above have been done to this 'cage'. I didn't want the last one as this is still (although barely) a street car. I'll be uploading more pictures when I get back from being out of town. Hopefully it's painted by then too.

Last edited by BrianSpilner; 06-24-2014 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:22 AM   #92
BrianSpilner

Post #2 updated as of June 21, 2014 and June 23, 2014 with the install of the UUC dual flywheel/clutch and the differential brace.
Old 07-08-2014, 12:37 AM   #93
Rob43
Hates Low RPM !

My Ride: 03 331Ci 5spd R1200R
Is your UUC twin disc the "organic" version ?

Rob43

Rob #43 ITS/ITR/STU, BMW 325I, STU LAP RECORD
SUMMIT POINT WV 1:24:229 S.C.C.A.
(DynoDynamics https:vimeo.com/8486878 Dyno Video)
"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Need Help With Your Nitrous Ambitions ?.....PM ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX View Post
Nitrous is a little trickier than boost, but it's not the spray that kills motors, it's STUPIDITY!!
Rob43 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 12:39 AM   #94
BrianSpilner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
Is your UUC twin disc the "organic" version ?

Rob43
Yes, it is. For SMG cars you don't want the kevlar or feramic versions because they're too sticky and the car becomes a burden to drive in parking lots and stop-n-go traffic, which is why I got rid of the HPF (South Bend) Stage 2 feramic clutch.
Old 07-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #95
PEI330Ci
58mm of Bliss

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrisBoss View Post
After reading this I was confused, so I went back to the pictures I posted and realized I didn't upload the 'complete' ones. The items in bold above have been done to this 'cage'. I didn't want the last one as this is still (although barely) a street car. I'll be uploading more pictures when I get back from being out of town. Hopefully it's painted by then too.
Looking forward to seeing more pictures of the roll bar.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:21 AM   #96
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
Do you have any clearance issues with the charge pipe? It looks awfully low in one of the pics. Also, do you get any awesome intake turbo spooling noises from your precision turbo??

SGT catless headers

Full BW 3.5" Resonated Race Exhaust w/ diffuser

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | ‹mnitiza Predator Orion V4 | Dynavin Nav D99+ w/Android | Blue Leds | Projector Fogs w/ 50w 5k HID| Painted Reflectors
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 12:28 AM   #97
BrianSpilner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
Do you have any clearance issues with the charge pipe? It looks awfully low in one of the pics. Also, do you get any awesome intake turbo spooling noises from your precision turbo??
If you read the OP, you will find that there was a simple fix to the low charge pipe. You basically have to cut the boot a little so that it will slide on more, therefore, creating more clearance. I haven't hit anything yet, so it's perfect.

With the 3.5" dump valve open, you can hear the turbo spooling a lot; like a semi almost haha, but with the valve open it's very quiet and tamed. However, once you let off the BOV sounds orgasmic.
Old 07-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #98
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianSpilner View Post
If you read the OP, you will find that there was a simple fix to the low charge pipe. You basically have to cut the boot a little so that it will slide on more, therefore, creating more clearance. I haven't hit anything yet, so it's perfect.

With the 3.5" dump valve open, you can hear the turbo spooling a lot; like a semi almost haha, but with the valve open it's very quiet and tamed. However, once you let off the BOV sounds orgasmic.
lol yea I read it but I wasn't sure how much of a dramatic difference it made. I read anther post where they had to scarifies their ac compressor to make it all fit. So with the valve shut and when the wastegate opens up, is it still "quiet"?

I can't wait pull the trigger on the stage 1 turbo mainly because my BW exhaust is driving me insane! I bought it anticipating of turboing my car but I spent the "turbo fund money" on other things and I've been driving around straight piped for 4 months. It'll be so nice to have peace and quiet again. and lots of power

SGT catless headers

Full BW 3.5" Resonated Race Exhaust w/ diffuser

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | ‹mnitiza Predator Orion V4 | Dynavin Nav D99+ w/Android | Blue Leds | Projector Fogs w/ 50w 5k HID| Painted Reflectors

Last edited by XKR; 07-17-2014 at 12:40 AM.
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 01:36 AM   #99
BrianSpilner

Quote:
Originally Posted by XKR View Post
lol yea I read it but I wasn't sure how much of a dramatic difference it made. I read anther post where they had to scarifies their ac compressor to make it all fit. So with the valve shut and when the wastegate opens up, is it still "quiet"?

I can't wait pull the trigger on the stage 1 turbo mainly because my BW exhaust is driving me insane! I bought it anticipating of turboing my car but I spent the "turbo fund money" on other things and I've been driving around straight piped for 4 months. It'll be so nice to have peace and quiet again. and lots of power
No, you don't have to sacrifice your AC compressor; that would be absurd and wouldn't be considered a 'plug-n-play' kit anymore.

The turbo is essentially one big arse resonator, so it will be a lot quieter than it is now. You WILL hear the wastegate and BOV go off at any RPM over 3k, which sounds amazing. Now, with the dump valve open, all you hear is the spool of the turbo and it is orgasmic to say the least.

Last edited by BrianSpilner; 07-17-2014 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-17-2014, 03:13 PM   #100
BDUB328I

My Ride: bmw 328i sedan (E46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@maximumpsi View Post
We will have a 3.5" system shortly, so get in touch with us before picking up the BW system!
will it be a single sided exit? (that's why I was looking into the BW exhaust) I have s54 sedan and don't want to cut the spare tire well out...

BTW it was nice meeting you at Pocono and awesome watching the maxpsi cars walking the Porsche's, supra's, GTR's etc. on the track

Tags
e46, m3, maximum, psi, turbo