E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 10:57 AM   #1
raichean

My Ride: 2004 e46 M3 cabrio
FS: aFe Magnum Force Cold air intake stage 1 plus force tube

****SOLD*****

Hey all!

Considering this is specifically for the M3, I thought I would post this here. I would prefer to sell in the PacNW and in person but will consider shipping for the right folks.

I am working with AFE to do full install guides (now available) and reviews (posted soon) for the S1 and S2 kits. This is the best instant gratification, bang for the buck upgrade I have done to my car yet!

This S1 kit includes the magnum force tube that coverts it into the full S2 stats and the Pro 5 R oiled filter.

This was installed for less than 72 hours in my 2004 M3 for demonstration and documentation purposes and then removed back into original packaging.

S1 kit - $519.75
Tube upgrade - $103

Will sell both for *EDIT* $400 plus shipping if applicable

FS: Magnum FORCE Stage-1 PRO 5R Intake System; BMW M3 (E46) 01-07 L6-3.2L 54-10461

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...2L&&brandID=52

Magnum FORCE Torque Booster Tube; BMW M3 (E46) 01-07 L6-3.2L (Blk) 54-10469-B

http://afepower.com/shop/details_new...2L&&brandID=18

Full description:
This air intake system produces 11 max horsepower, 10lbs. x ft. torque and out-flowed the factory intake by 70%. Includes a durable 16-gauge, powder-coated heat shield; this air intake system features a washable/reusable conical air filter. This intake system incorporates a unique 3-angle filter adaptor that directs the air transition into the intake tract for better performance. The one-piece heat shield requires no assembly and the filter is constructed with 100% polyurethane for long life and multiple cleaning cycles.

5-1/2" Conical Filter with Inverted Top: This intake utilizes a huge, 5-1/2" conical Pro 5R performance air filter with inverted top for maximum flow. This 5-layer progressive, oiled cotton gauze air filter provides maximum flow for increased horsepower and torque.

One-Piece Filter Housing: The air filter is housed in a one-piece, black powdercoated 16-gauge heat shield that keeps warm engine air out for maximum performance. This one-piece heat shield uses factory mounting locations and comes with all hardware for a hassle-free installation.

Brushed Clear Coat Cover: A Brushed clear coat anodized aluminum top is used to provide a clean, elegant style to your E46 engine compartment.

Billet Aluminum 3-Angle Adaptor: A precision machined, billet aluminum 3-angle adaptor is used to speed up the air flow for improved performance and throttle response.

This intake is 50-state legal for 2001-2005 models (CARB E.O Number D-550-2).

Magnum Force Torque Booster Tube:

aFe Power is now offering a hi-temp silicone Magnum Force Torque Booster Tube for the 2001-2007 BMW (E46) M3 L6-3.2L. This torque booster tube is the perfect upgrade to convert the Stage 1 intake system (P/N: 51/54-10461) into a Stage 2 intake system. The torque booster tube can also be used to replace the factory intake elbow on the OE air intake system.

3-Ply Reinforced Black Silicone: Constructed of 3-ply reinforced silicone, this torque boost tube is resistant to cracking and hi-temp conditions. With a smooth interior surface, this torque booster tube is engineered to increase HP, Torque & air flow by reducing turbulence.

Hassle-Free Installation: This torque booster tube connects the billet 3-angle adaptor on the Stage 1 system to the intake manifold. With two stainless steel clamps, this part is a quick and easy bolt-on, requiring no cutting or drilling on OEM parts for hassle-free installation.

*Note: This Torque Booster Tube is not CARB exempt at this time and is not legal for sale in California or use on vehicles registered with the California Department of Motor Vehicles.

DPP_0054 by handaar, on Flickr

Last edited by raichean; 07-16-2014 at 11:30 AM.
raichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-29-2014, 09:41 PM   #2
Teslazerok

My Ride: 2003 M3 6SPD
Quote:
Originally Posted by raichean View Post
This was installed for less than 72 hours in my 2004 M3 for demonstration and documentation purposes and then removed back into original packaging.
You must be some installer!
Teslazerok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 09:50 PM   #3
raichean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teslazerok View Post
You must be some installer!
I have been and am working with aFe directly doing product install guides and reviews. The S1 kit plus upgrades was installed into my car for that purpose and then removed after several days, to make way for the full S2 kit.

Make more sense now?
Old 05-30-2014, 02:41 AM   #4
iansevilla

My Ride: 2004 M3 Coupe
That won't pass SMOG only on visual. right....but if you know someone who does smog and will pass visually. Is it ok to have one?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
iansevilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 08:46 AM   #5
raichean

Quote:
Originally Posted by iansevilla View Post
That won't pass SMOG only on visual. right....but if you know someone who does smog and will pass visually. Is it ok to have one?

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
According to aFe, it will pass emissions testing:

This intake is 50-state legal for 2001-2005 models (CARB E.O Number D-550-2).
Old 06-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #6
raichean

I will be at the PacNW BMW CCA event this weekend (Dyno and BBQ) and this kit is still available. I would consider helping install on the spot if someone was interested.

Thanks.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
raichean

bump. $450.
Old 06-24-2014, 04:30 PM   #8
raichean

Bump. $400 plus shipping if applicable.