E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > ///M3 Forum

///M3 Forum
The BMW E46 ///M3 is the M version E46 and puts out an amazing 333 HP and 262 lb-ft of torque at stock specs! There are an amazing amount of modifications for both the coupe and convertible models so read up and get started modifying your cars today!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 1.89 average. Display Modes
Old 06-15-2014, 12:47 AM   #61
bombhash

My Ride: 2000 323i
Quote:
Originally Posted by iansevilla View Post
I think this guy is hoping that he can just swap a S54 motor on his sedan so he doesn't have to buy a ///M3 and sell his sedan. It's kinda funky when you try to show off a s54 motor in a sedan. Why don't you just buy the E36 ///M3 sport sedan and save you the headache. E36 ///M3 is also a great ride...I have a C36 AMG and it's a sport sedan...but, I still went for the E46 ///M3 :-) but if you really want to do a swap on your sedan. Go for it! Whatever makes you happy....that's all that matters. :-)Attachment 561611

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Wow a nice person on the M3 forum. Crazy. Yes and thank you. Ive owned two e36 m3s and those kicked major ass but the styling is just no my choice

An no, I know the engine bay would be rather cramped. Would need bigger brakes,radiator, sub fram reinforcement, I would prob drop an LSD in there too

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmutm3 View Post
I love every thread involving this guy.
Ill take that as a compliment haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thekingarthur View Post
You most likely would have to spend that much. The cost of labor for something like this would be ridiculous, if you could even find someone to do the work for you, and parts wouldn't be cheap either. We know you said you're looking for a swap already done; how many times do people have to tell you to forget about it because you're not going to find one? You could probably count the number of times this has been done with only the fingers of your right hand. It's not common smart guy.

Perhaps I could better understand your writing if it didn't appear to by typed on a phone by a 16 year old girl texting her friend. Look dude, it's great that you're getting your degree and all, but boasting about a mediocre in-progress undergrad degree at the age of 27 is retarded. People still in college at that age who have some right to boast a bit are called 'doctors'. They're working on their third degree, not their first. It's all good if you started college late for whatever reason, I did myself and so do many others; but just keep in mind that we're behind the majority of kids who start college right after high school so bragging about how smart and old you are when you haven't finished your first degree yet at 27 is pretty foolish.

Nobody cares.

Smug and uptight? You ask for advice, don't like what you hear, so you start disrespecting everyone; and you still expect a warm welcome after that? You're a sharp one. Welcome to the forums kid.
Oh please. Here you go again. Youre defending cheap shots thrown at me for no reason dude. Do you not realize this Peon Arthur? I don't take guff from swine buddy and you my friend, are Squealing like the rest of them. If you realized that maybe i was only replying to the sh$ttalkers, if you read the very first replies then maybe you wouldnt take it so personal dude and then you'd see that i was only retorting to a smart ass. But obviously you have your little heart all wrapped up in my thread, so just leave because to the majority of the world, you sound like a moronic twat. Sorry, but it took me 4 years being a computer technician at a damn theme park to finally be able to go to college. IM NOT priveleged and my parents dont have 30k to help me through college. So these "doctors" you speak of, usually dont come from a low-middle class family that could barely pay rent. So like I said, if you would read from the beginning you would realize why I even brought it up and Yes, im on a phone and I really dont care if you think i sound like a 16 yr old, my college professors think otherwise and im not writing an essay on an e46 forum . So please, stop jumping to conclusions and acting like an ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by morningisbad View Post
Been building t buckets for the last 15 years. That would make you 12 when you started. Pretty sure handing your daddy tools doesn't count for much.

Btw, being 27 and almost having a bachelors puts you way behind the curve. Especially in computer science. I graduated with a bachelors in CS when I was 23, got a good job before I graduated and am still there (I'm 25). I'm way ahead of you, and I'd still consider myself behind education wise. I'm sure you're happy with where you're at, but you need to take a look at where everyone else is also. The majority of the developers I know have masters degrees (and are younger than you)
Yeah......I was 12 buddy. No i didnt use the torque wrench or put the huge slicks on or put the pistons in the cylinders. It was mostly, heres the alternator,radiator,headers etc;and this is where they go. I dont know what kind of 12 yr old you were, but i was obviously more competent than you bud. And yes dude, i know im behind, if you actually read why I said that in the first place. Maybe you wouldn't be acting like such a priveleged nitwit as well.

Ohh King Arthur ^^^ Nobody is Smug huh? Yeeeeah. Might have to just chalk that one up bud.

Last edited by bombhash; 06-15-2014 at 03:44 AM.
bombhash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2014, 10:12 AM   #62
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSilk56 View Post
There is a simple way to keep trolls off of these boards. Don't respond to their posts.
Or ban them. Send this guy packing to another forum.

Old 06-15-2014, 10:48 AM   #63
DreaM3r

It's not about the coupe, it's about the whole package, they engineered that car differently than the 4 door. Suspension , engine, steering, everything. You will never recreate the feeling if an M3 with a engine swap . I mean what are you buying the car for body lines ??? Or a driving experience like no other!!!

02 M3 Coupe, no roof, no cold weather package, stick

06 X3
DreaM3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 10:11 PM   #64
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
How is this still going? Op is trolling and the next thread sucks.
Old 06-28-2014, 08:38 PM   #65
bombhash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM3r View Post
It's not about the coupe, it's about the whole package, they engineered that car differently than the 4 door. Suspension , engine, steering, everything. You will never recreate the feeling if an M3 with a engine swap . I mean what are you buying the car for body lines ??? Or a driving experience like no other!!!

True and I will totally agree on that. I just like my sedans. The E46 sedan is just so clean compared to coupes. I want my ultimate car that I will be happy with for the next 5-7 years maybe 10. Maybe 20 lol. Who knows.

Something about a prefacelift s54 sedan. Just kicks ass to me. I feel the M3 bump looks cleaner on a sedan to me. But maybe im Just a weirdo. I have weird tastes.

Old 06-28-2014, 09:12 PM   #66
Brevik

My Ride: Tiag M3
Yes- adding two doors to a car cleans up the lines. Mmmmmmkay.
Old 06-28-2014, 10:11 PM   #67
bombhash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brevik View Post
Yes- adding two doors to a car cleans up the lines. Mmmmmmkay.
No no no. Lol. It lengthens them, which makes it sexier IMO. Like a sexy long legged women.

Old 06-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #68
Bmwm3forlife

My Ride: Bmw m3 e46
How is a 4 door sedan cleaner look then the m3 coupe sexy ass. It would
Be a waste of an s54 engine to put in a regular 3 series... If you want you want a sedan m3 go for the e36 body style.

Bmwm3forlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 01:45 PM   #69
Allan smith

My Ride: imola 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by bombhash View Post
True and I will totally agree on that. I just like my sedans. The E46 sedan is just so clean compared to coupes. I want my ultimate car that I will be happy with for the next 5-7 years maybe 10. Maybe 20 lol. Who knows.

Something about a prefacelift s54 sedan. Just kicks ass to me. I feel the M3 bump looks cleaner on a sedan to me. But maybe im Just a weirdo. I have weird tastes.

its clear that you like sedans over coupes,and that's fine,
but I think if you asked 100 people to pick between a e46 sedan
or an e46 m3, 98 people would say they like the m3 more!
Allan smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 02:05 PM   #70
WaggonMan

My Ride: e46 325i
You mean something like this?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=578901

But I would like to make a wagon version with an S65/DCT swap.

K&N Panel Filter
Cool Carbon Pads on 4 corners
M3 Motor Mount's
M3 LCAB's

Oil Changed every 5,000 miles since acquired at 111,00mi.
Trans serviced every 30K since acquired at 111,000mi

Wrecked right now, but 100% rebuildable (4/11/2014)

Last edited by WaggonMan; 06-29-2014 at 02:06 PM.
WaggonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 07:26 PM   #71
bombhash

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaggonMan View Post
You mean something like this?

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=578901

But I would like to make a wagon version with an S65/DCT swap.

No but THAT IS INSANE!!

I dont think an M3 sedan is the answer. Especially made to look like a stock one. The fender gills just dont work on a sedan and that guy obviously has lots of money and time.

Funny thing is EVERYBODY is saying, I love this thread,awesome build, great car etc etc. And then people on this thread are only complaining. Ridiculous. Lol.

An S54 in a preface sedan with all the normal mods going on. Csl trunk perhaps. M3 bump.

thanks for the link though. Great thread man.

Old 07-03-2014, 07:49 PM   #72
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
Quote:
No but THAT IS INSANE!!

I dont think an M3 sedan is the answer. Especially made to look like a stock one. The fender gills just dont work on a sedan and that guy obviously has lots of money and time.

Funny thing is EVERYBODY is saying, I love this thread,awesome build, great car etc etc. And then people on this thread are only complaining. Ridiculous. Lol.

An S54 in a preface sedan with all the normal mods going on. Csl trunk perhaps. M3 bump.

People love that build because its actually happening. Guy has lots of money and time , huh ? What do you think you need to pull off a swap like this ? Man , I know the idea you have but swapping an engine into an e46, without doing a full conversion is pointless. A boosted sedan would be better, half price and there is usually one for sale in the classifieds.

Last edited by helmutm3; 07-03-2014 at 07:54 PM.
helmutm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2014, 08:01 PM   #73
JohnBlaze

My Ride: Black Sunshine
s54 powered sedans are a myth
Old 07-03-2014, 11:16 PM   #74
taylor192

My Ride: 2003.5 M3
Quote:
People love that build because its actually happening. Guy has lots of money and time , huh ? What do you think you need to pull off a swap like this ?
Thank you. That thread is awesome, this thread is a waste of time. Time for the OP to put up or shut up.

Old 07-04-2014, 01:13 PM   #75
XKR

My Ride: 2001 M3 Convertible
And this thread should be

SGT catless headers

Full BW 3.5" Straight Pipe Race Exhaust w/ diffuser

Tein S-Tech Lowering Springs
Sebion CF hood | CF Kidneys | ‹mnitiza Predator Orion V4 | Dynavin Nav D99+ w/Android | Blue Leds | Projector Fogs w/ 50w 5k HID| Painted Reflectors
XKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #76
avincent52

My Ride: 325iT 5 speed/Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor192 View Post
The wagon looks way better than the sedan... yet the M3 is more than just an engine swap.
Agree totally. The wagon is really the cleanest e46 design IMHO (which is why I've owned two.)

And an M3 Touring is the stuff dreams are made of.

One of one.
avincent52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:55 AM   #77
helmutm3

My Ride: 04 m3
Quote:
No but THAT IS INSANE!!

Found u a car man. Go get it. http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=1045390
Old 07-21-2014, 01:26 PM   #78
Sloop

My Ride: 2001 330cic
Send a message via Skype™ to Sloop
You own a 323, and you're talking **** about a dream you'll never see. Case was closed from the getgo.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:31 PM   #79
bombhash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloop View Post
You own a 323, and you're talking **** about a dream you'll never see. Case was closed from the getgo.
Baha. Talking sh##?? Nooo. A dream ill never see haha. Look above you kid. Wow. Smug is strong with this one.

Old 08-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #80
bombhash

Quote:
Awww there it is. Damn color is sh## tho. Anyways, thanks. Hope its still for sale