E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > E46 Convertible

E46 Convertible
The E46 vert forum. Talk about dropping your E46 top here.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #1
Pletron

My Ride: 320Ci convertible
Unhappy BMW 16:9 nav Aux

Hi,

I've got a 2002 BMW 320ci Convertible with the Navigation Professional, CD changer and Harman Kardon extra.
I've searched and searched but to no avail. I've disassembled the nav system in the car to see if I can connect a aux cable but can't seem to locate the AUX-pin connector that everyone is talking about (See image).

The two cables at the back (blue and white cables) don't have anything wrapped to them and there's no third cable. Do I have to connect to the CD changer or is the cable misplaced?

Last edited by Pletron; 07-04-2014 at 08:41 AM.
Pletron is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-04-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
CarbonZHP

My Ride: is uncomfortable
No yeah that connector is there. Itll be wrapped up in that bundle. Check for a bulge and a place to unwrap it
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #3
Pletron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
No yeah that connector is there. Itll be wrapped up in that bundle. Check for a bulge and a place to unwrap it
There were no bulge tied together with the two other cables. Guess I'll have to go directly through the trunk and the BM54 tuner. Found this cable, do you think it will work with the tuner?
Old 07-04-2014, 02:04 PM   #4
CarbonZHP

My Ride: is uncomfortable
Im unfamiliar with this cable. Would seem that having a 6 changer changes the NAV system
CarbonZHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 02:05 PM   #5
Pletron

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonZHP View Post
Im unfamiliar with this cable. Would seem that having a 6 changer changes the NAV system
Found these schematics for the tuner, but it says that it's not applicable for cars with Navi. But I would believe navi tuners are not that different from this.

Last edited by Pletron; 07-04-2014 at 02:06 PM.
Old 07-07-2014, 12:15 AM   #6
Greg330CI

My Ride: E46 330CIc
If I recall the AUX-in connector option was only fitted to cars from mid 2003 onwards which is probably why you cannot find it. There may be another way to connect an AUX in cable if you search this and the Bimmerfest forum. If you are trying to connect an IPOD to your in-car sound system without changing out the BMW NAV / Head Unit, another way to do that is to install a DICE unit. Essentially this replaces the 6 stack unit in the trunk and is plug and play and uses the same connectors that connect the 6 stack to the NAV / Head unit. (You don't have to physically remove the 6 stack, just disconnect it) You can then control the DICE unit from the NAV / Head unit and steering wheel controls. It operates when the Head / NAV unit is in the CD / 6 stack mode. You can research it on the Bavarian Soundwerks website. There are good instructions on how to fit it and run the cables. I fitted one to my 2004 330 Cic and it works fine. It also charges the IPOD. I ran the IPOD connector cable to the rear of the tray under the armrest so it is easy to access while driving. Good luck!
Greg330CI is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aux, convertible, nav