E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Suspension and Braking

Suspension and Braking
Springs, shocks, struts, coilovers, camber plates, sway bars, strut bars, suspension bushings, control arms, brake pads, big brake kits, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-06-2014, 05:32 PM   #1
ivprodigy

My Ride: E46
Rebuilt Bilstein PSS9 Coilover Suspension Kit 48-126380

I bought this PSS9 kit six months ago from a person that had just gotten the shocks rebuilt from Bilstein with the idea that I'd use them on my 323i for some autocross events.

The boxes have been sitting in my garage untouched.

Instead of messing with my daily driver, I'll try to finish building my E30 racer and leave my E46 stock.

I'm just looking to re-coup my investment so I'm asking $750 (shipped to con-us). Local pickup in the Chicago area is welcome too.

As you can probably see from the photos this is the first time I've taken these out of the boxes since I got them. H&R perches are also included.
The springs have some scuffs which shouldn't impact functionality and the struts are as they came from Bilstein. I have receipt for the warranty work which I'll supply in case you need to get them re-built down the line.

Sorry for the poor quality of the photos (my phone camera isn't great...)

Last edited by ivprodigy; 08-12-2014 at 10:36 PM.
ivprodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 07-08-2014, 08:18 AM   #2
ivprodigy

Bump

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app
Old 07-10-2014, 11:19 PM   #3
ivprodigy

Bump, I'll entertain reasonable offers.
Help me get these out of my garage
Old 07-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #4
sshteto

My Ride: e46 323i

sshteto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2014, 10:12 PM   #5
BlE46

My Ride: E46 330i ZSP
$600?

'01 330i 5spd - Orient Blue - Black - Sport Pkg.
'89 325i 5spd - Alpine White - Black (sold)
BlE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 01:55 AM   #6
tacomeat1

My Ride: '05 M3 Carbon Black
A bit confused as to which car these fit.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 AM   #7
ivprodigy

Sorry, I'm don't frequent the forum as much as I used to.
The set is still available.
The set is freshly rebuilt (have the receipt from Bilstein). Shipping and fees are big which is why I can't really lower the price any more.
You are still getting a like new set of high quality coilovers for half the price.

Based on what I was told from the PO this set is specific to the non M sedan and coupe. I think the M3 has different rear top mounts that can be retrofit to work with these but I am not positive (you'll have to do your own research). I think the rears fit E36 M3's as well...
This is PSS9

The part numbers for the shocks:
Front: F4-VM3-4607-HO
Rear: F4-BM5-2957-HO

Last edited by ivprodigy; 08-12-2014 at 10:53 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 12:19 PM   #8
TWong1200

My Ride: 04 ZHP | TurboE36
I don't see rear spring perches. Or are those the black plastic looking objects in the last photo? If so, they don't look typical of other PSS9's such as these.

What's a good way to contact you since you're not on this forum much anymore? And do you have sellers feedback anywhere? eBay, other forums, etc?

Thanks!
TWong1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 12:29 PM   #9
BlE46

My Ride: E46 330i ZSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivprodigy View Post
Sorry, I'm don't frequent the forum as much as I used to.
The set is still available. I will go as low as $675 shipped but that's as low as I will go.
The set is freshly rebuilt (have the receipt from Bilstein). Shipping and fees are big which is why I can't really lower the price any more.
You are still getting a like new set of high quality coilovers for half the price.

Based on what I was told from the PO this set is specific to the non M sedan and coupe. I think the M3 has different rear top mounts that can be retrofit to work with these but I am not positive (you'll have to do your own research). I think the rears fit E36 M3's as well...
This is PSS9

The part numbers for the shocks:
Front: F4-VM3-4607-HO
Rear: F4-BM5-2957-HO
Just sent you a PM.

'01 330i 5spd - Orient Blue - Black - Sport Pkg.
'89 325i 5spd - Alpine White - Black (sold)
BlE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:20 PM   #10
ivprodigy

There aren't metal perches like the ones pictured. The black plastic units are all I have (its what I received from PO).
You can email me directly at ivprodigy@gmail.com
I haven't had too many transactions on the board here (I bought some things a few years back). I'm not in the habit of selling too many things...
I've got an active ebay profile with 659 feedback points (my username is ivprodigy if you want to look me up).
Old 07-30-2014, 10:53 PM   #11
europartconnect89

My Ride: e46 330
So no upper mounts, camber plates or correct rear spring perches? Im in chicago but not interested at the advertised price

Last edited by europartconnect89; 07-30-2014 at 10:56 PM.
europartconnect89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #12
ivprodigy

Perches

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWong1200 View Post
I don't see rear spring perches. Or are those the black plastic looking objects in the last photo? If so, they don't look typical of other PSS9's such as these.

What's a good way to contact you since you're not on this forum much anymore? And do you have sellers feedback anywhere? eBay, other forums, etc?

Thanks!
So I looked into the box again.
I was wrong. The perches aren't the original Bilsteins.
They are however high quality aluminum units made by H&R (Model HR92KX011A01 - http://www.ecstuning.com/ES2597969/).

With that in mind I'm confident that the package is complete and the price will remain $750 shipped to conus (shipping and fees will be $60-70)

If no-one bites, I may just put them on my dd as my front shocks may be going bad...

Old 08-18-2014, 12:14 AM   #13
ivprodigy

Sold!