E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-19-2004, 01:24 PM   #1
flacoy2k

My Ride: 2002 M3
PTG E46 M3 looking for their 3rd straight win

The E46 M3s prepared by PTG will be looking for their 3rd Straight win in the "6 Heures du Circuit Mont-tremblant" Canada. So far those M3s have been kicking Porsche's butt. The last two races in the Grand American Rolex series they have won the race by Two and One lap respectively.

The race will be shown this Sunday on SPEED.
flacoy2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-19-2004, 02:26 PM   #2
flacoy2k

Picture from last race at Phoenix.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	M3-Phoenix.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	78336  
Old 05-22-2004, 08:27 AM   #3
flacoy2k

So far so good. they have practice 1st and 2nd during the first two practices. They may run a 3rd car.

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	m3-canada.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	78620  
Old 05-23-2004, 06:40 PM   #4
flacoy2k

Is a done deal the BMW E46 M3 finished 1st but just bearly. Boris Said had an accident with more than 30 minutes to go. He was a few laps ahead of the closest porsche but the M3 was badly damage and the Porsche was catching up. Luckly the was a full course caution five minutes before the end of the race and the damage M3 finished the race in first place. A well earned victory as they lead most of the 6 hours race. Look at the picture below. even with that much damage he was laping just 4-6 seconds a lap slower than the closest porsche.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	M3-canada.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	78757  
Old 05-24-2004, 02:16 AM   #5
D_Ultim8
Go Lakers!!!

My Ride: JB ZHP'd 3 >>> SOLD!
BMW Gets 1st Place!!

WOW, what a race! BMW Team PTG came in first lace with Bill Auberlen/Boris Said tandem. When the #21 BMW M3 had all that damage to the front fender, I got a little nervous! But they were able to hold on for their 3rd straight victory!!

Nice pics by the way!