E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Everything Else > The Off-Topic > General Off-Topic

General Off-Topic
Everything not about BMWs. Posts must be "primetime" safe and in good taste. You must be logged in to see sub-forums.
Click here to browse all new posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-28-2014, 03:00 PM   #21
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,615
My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
Have you seen the movies?

I can understand you not taking him seriously "anymore" .... but these movies were made from 79-85'
That's true, but I used to love him in braveheart and the patriot... Then recently I saw them and I just couldn't watch it the same. It's a great movie, but his image will always be tainted in any movie I see of his. Plus, this reboot will obviously have much better SFX, but that's not why I won't watch the 80's flicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
It's like someone saying he can't take Nicholas Cage seriously after seeing him in National Treasure. It doesn't diminish his other good work.
I'm not judging him on his acting ability like I would cage. I'm judging him on how he has acted as a person through the past 10 years... I have no problem watching any good, older Cage film because he is still a respectable person, even though his acting has gone to the pooper.

Just an opinion.
__________________
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:07 PM   #22
ImPulSe
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: NYC & Long Island
Posts: 753
My Ride: Bentley GT
This looks like:




but in the desert.
ImPulSe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #23
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostedisbetter View Post



I'm not judging him on his acting ability like I would cage. I'm judging him on how he has acted as a person through the past 10 years... I have no problem watching any good, older Cage film because he is still a respectable person, even though his acting has gone to the pooper.

Just an opinion.
That seems fair.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 03:35 PM   #24
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSe View Post
This looks like:




but in the desert.
Ironically, when Waterworld came out its promoters were falling all over themselves describing it as "Mad Max on the Ocean."
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:17 PM   #25
Lair
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
It's like someone saying he can't take Nicholas Cage seriously after seeing him in National Treasure. It doesn't diminish his other good work.
True. Valley Girl is a masterpiece.
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:28 PM   #26
boostedisbetter
Registered User
 
boostedisbetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,615
My Ride: 03 S2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImPulSe View Post
This looks like:


but in the desert.
haha, I thought of this too, but with a bit of DEATH RACE and BOOK OF ELI costumes mixed in.
__________________
boostedisbetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #27
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lair View Post
True. Valley Girl is a masterpiece.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:34 PM   #28
pancakes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Camelot
Posts: 86
My Ride: ///M, GTI, SUPERMOTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cowmoo32 View Post
wait a minute, why was my thread from last night locked before a single response?
__________________

Last edited by pancakes; 07-28-2014 at 07:35 PM.
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:44 PM   #29
cd330
ModZombie Moderator
 
cd330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dr. Satan's House of Horrors
Posts: 35,607
My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
wait a minute, why was my thread from last night locked before a single response?
__________________
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:46 PM   #30
pancakes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Camelot
Posts: 86
My Ride: ///M, GTI, SUPERMOTO
I prefer stone cold et

__________________
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:49 PM   #31
GRIFFIN
NWS
 
GRIFFIN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: California
Posts: 1,700
My Ride: 04 330i zsp,zpp,zcw
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
wait a minute, why was my thread from last night locked before a single response?
lol.
__________________

** Removed - Please stop - Tim330i **
*NWS GIF REMOVED*
*GIF REMOVED*
* Continuing to put animated images in your sig will get you banned - Tim330i *
**You make me so horny.- Tim330i **
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
I can honestly say that because of Griffin, i am desensitized to alot of wierd stuff!
GRIFFIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:13 PM   #32
cd330
ModZombie Moderator
 
cd330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dr. Satan's House of Horrors
Posts: 35,607
My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
I prefer stone cold et
Your thread had almost 200 views and not a single person replied to it..... maybe it is time for some self reflection before questioning other threads that are started on the subject.
__________________
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:31 PM   #33
Fergo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: GA
Posts: 538
My Ride: still a gay 135i
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
Your thread had almost 200 views and not a single person replied to it..... maybe it is time for some self reflection before questioning other threads that are started on the subject.
__________________

2 easy 2 make hp turbos
all cash
Fergo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 08:41 PM   #34
pancakes
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Camelot
Posts: 86
My Ride: ///M, GTI, SUPERMOTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
Your thread had almost 200 views and not a single person replied to it..... maybe it is time for some self reflection before questioning other threads that are started on the subject.
heh. ok.
__________________
pancakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 10:38 PM   #35
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
where's the kid with the boomerang?

either way...totally IN!
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #36
VaderDave
Invictus
 
VaderDave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: El Dorado Hills, CA
Posts: 11,902
My Ride: 330CiC ZHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancakes View Post
heh. ok.
Poster 1: Why, I declare: there's a new thread on E46Fanatics OT. I do believe that I should check it out.
Poster 2: A capital idea, if I do say so myself. I shall accompany you, through the medium of the Internet.
Poster 1: Well, now I'm here. It appears that nobody has yet posted in this shiny new thread. I find myself perplexed--why would no one have posted?
Poster 2: I, too, find myself in a bit of a quandary. There is nothing particularly objectionable about the content of this particular thread. And, yet, here we are, seeing nothing but the original post.
Poster 1: A mystery for the ages, to be sure.
Poster 2: I say, old chap: who was the Fanatic who created this thread? Perhaps that information could shed some light on this enigma.
Poster 1: Ah, now it makes sense--the OP is that bird-ass fugazi bird Pancakes.
Poster 2: Now it all makes sense--what respectable member of society would want to associate with someone who is so fugazi and so bird? I daresay--nobody.
Poster 1: I agree wholeheartedly. Could you pass the Grey Poupon?

*curtain*

Last edited by VaderDave; 07-28-2014 at 11:29 PM.
VaderDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 01:43 AM   #37
cd330
ModZombie Moderator
 
cd330's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Dr. Satan's House of Horrors
Posts: 35,607
My Ride: SG E46, AW F30
^^^^^^^^ omg
__________________
cd330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:26 AM   #38
coco savage
Registered User
 
coco savage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: CFBMW.org
Posts: 1,361
My Ride: 325i
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Poster 1: Why, I declare: there's a new thread on E46Fanatics OT. I do believe that I should check it out.
Poster 2: A capital idea, if I do say so myself. I shall accompany you, through the medium of the Internet.
Poster 1: Well, now I'm here. It appears that nobody has yet posted in this shiny new thread. I find myself perplexed--why would no one have posted?
Poster 2: I, too, find myself in a bit of a quandary. There is nothing particularly objectionable about the content of this particular thread. And, yet, here we are, seeing nothing but the original post.
Poster 1: A mystery for the ages, to be sure.
Poster 2: I say, old chap: who was the Fanatic who created this thread? Perhaps that information could shed some light on this enigma.
Poster 1: Ah, now it makes sense--the OP is that bird-ass fugazi bird Pancakes.
Poster 2: Now it all makes sense--what respectable member of society would want to associate with someone who is so fugazi and so bird? I daresay--nobody.
Poster 1: I agree wholeheartedly. Could you pass the Grey Poupon?

*curtain*
I laft
__________________
**LINK:BUY MY E46 Parts**

Random Images


Quote:
Originally Posted by Black107 View Post
he's just the resident off-topic ball breaker. Dont take it personally.
coco savage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #39
Lair
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Sea level
Posts: 321
My Ride: e90, cheap Boxster
__________________

Quote:
It's the best years of your life they want to steal.
Congratulations.
Lair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #40
IdahoToyo
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: A Sunny Town in Idaho
Posts: 375
My Ride: 4WD Tundra / GS500F
Quote:
Originally Posted by cd330 View Post
Your thread had almost 200 views and not a single person replied to it..... maybe it is time for some self reflection before questioning other threads that are started on the subject.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaderDave View Post
Poster 1: Why, I declare: there's a new thread on E46Fanatics OT. I do believe that I should check it out.
Poster 2: A capital idea, if I do say so myself. I shall accompany you, through the medium of the Internet.
Poster 1: Well, now I'm here. It appears that nobody has yet posted in this shiny new thread. I find myself perplexed--why would no one have posted?
Poster 2: I, too, find myself in a bit of a quandary. There is nothing particularly objectionable about the content of this particular thread. And, yet, here we are, seeing nothing but the original post.
Poster 1: A mystery for the ages, to be sure.
Poster 2: I say, old chap: who was the Fanatic who created this thread? Perhaps that information could shed some light on this enigma.
Poster 1: Ah, now it makes sense--the OP is that bird-ass fugazi bird Pancakes.
Poster 2: Now it all makes sense--what respectable member of society would want to associate with someone who is so fugazi and so bird? I daresay--nobody.
Poster 1: I agree wholeheartedly. Could you pass the Grey Poupon?

*curtain*
__________________
-- Kyle --

The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson.
IdahoToyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Censor is ON





All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
(c) 1999 - 2011 performanceIX Inc - privacy policy - terms of use