E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)

Lighting & Mobile Electronics (I.C.E.)
Xenon lighting, HID kits, fog lights, BMW head units, navigation, speakers, subwoofers, In Car Electronics (I.C.E.), carputers, DDEs, angle eyes, halos, LED tail lights, interior lighting, etc.

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-05-2004, 12:20 AM   #21
Mario325i

My Ride: 2002 325i
Well, the first thing I noticed was that the included manual said they were 4500K. I emailed Fadegs and he swore they were actually 8000K.

Well, I finally got my car out of the shop so the next weekend I went down to my car to do the install. I get the halogens out and then notice that there is no way the Xenons are going to fit in the halogen holder. The problem with that is that the bulb holder on an E46 has a built in locking ring that connects to the headlight housing. I can stick my Xenons in now, but there is nothing to secure them in place without the locking rings.

I went back and read through the manual and it says:

"H - 7
BMW and some orhter imports have a special locking ring which secures the bulb onto the headlight assembly. Enclosed within the package included 2 specially modified ring." (Yes, the English is actually screwed up like that in the manual...)

The rings aren't in the kit anywhere. The supplied wiring harness adapter is also for the wrong make car so I will have to hard wire (which I probably would have done anyways...).

The company that distributed the kit, Generation X Company, went out of business. The phone numbers were disconnected and the emails were bad along with their website.

When I realized the kit was missing parts I emailed Fadegs and asked him WTF?. He emailed back the email addy's of the guys he bought the kit from and said I'd have to take care of it with them. They answered back, but as soon as they found out I wasn't the original buyer they started ignoring me.

I dug around on the Internet and I found a guy who makes the locking rings for $35 dollars a set. I then emailed and PMd Fadegs to tell him that I wanted $35 dollars PayPal'd to me to make up for the missing parts or I wanted my money back. He has never answered me back.

His PayPal is xenonsports@yahoo.com and official PayPal ID is ShardAuto. I'll let yall make your own conclusions from that.

Mario
Mario325i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2004, 10:35 AM   #22
bee0818

My Ride: '03 325i, '03.5 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mario325i
Well, the first thing I noticed was that the included manual said they were 4500K. I emailed Fadegs and he swore they were actually 8000K.

Well, I finally got my car out of the shop so the next weekend I went down to my car to do the install. I get the halogens out and then notice that there is no way the Xenons are going to fit in the halogen holder. The problem with that is that the bulb holder on an E46 has a built in locking ring that connects to the headlight housing. I can stick my Xenons in now, but there is nothing to secure them in place without the locking rings.

I went back and read through the manual and it says:

"H - 7
BMW and some orhter imports have a special locking ring which secures the bulb onto the headlight assembly. Enclosed within the package included 2 specially modified ring." (Yes, the English is actually screwed up like that in the manual...)

The rings aren't in the kit anywhere. The supplied wiring harness adapter is also for the wrong make car so I will have to hard wire (which I probably would have done anyways...).

The company that distributed the kit, Generation X Company, went out of business. The phone numbers were disconnected and the emails were bad along with their website.

When I realized the kit was missing parts I emailed Fadegs and asked him WTF?. He emailed back the email addy's of the guys he bought the kit from and said I'd have to take care of it with them. They answered back, but as soon as they found out I wasn't the original buyer they started ignoring me.

I dug around on the Internet and I found a guy who makes the locking rings for $35 dollars a set. I then emailed and PMd Fadegs to tell him that I wanted $35 dollars PayPal'd to me to make up for the missing parts or I wanted my money back. He has never answered me back.

His PayPal is xenonsports@yahoo.com and official PayPal ID is ShardAuto. I'll let yall make your own conclusions from that.

Mario
Old 04-03-2004, 06:53 AM   #23
Killer Junior
Damn Drivin' Fool!

My Ride: Big Wheel
That ain't right.

BMW is for pansy asses baby!
Killer Junior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2004, 06:40 AM   #24
Mario325i

He screwed me over, but it's all good. Karma is a *****. The kid just needs to grow up.

I can happily say that transactions I've had with other members of this board have been outstanding.

Mario
Old 04-29-2004, 12:26 PM   #25
Mario325i

Update for those that may care

Hi,

I finally got off my ass and made custom bulb holders for my xenons. I ordered a pair of spares from Circle BMW (Pacific won't ship to APO addresses) for something like 12 bucks. Once I got them I cut the back ends (the part where you plug the wiring harness into) off with a hacksaw and then used a dremel tool to hollow out the front half of the bulb holder. I soldered the backend of the bulb holder to the wiring harness for the ballast/ignitor so it hooks into the factory wiring harness without cutting/splicing. I used a combination of old DVD case plastic and Goop to seal off the backend of bulbholder and the harness connector. If she can be persuaded I'll get my girlfriend to come over with her digital cam to take some pics and maybe put together a DIY.

I did this the night before I went on leave back to the states. I got back a week ago and immediately installed the lights. They work great (have to turn them on before cranking to get rid of the flickering though) and look outstanding. However, they are most definitely not 8000k as advertised. They are 4500k as the manual says.

Once again this shows that Fadegs is an untrustworthy rat. He has yet to respond to my private messages through this board or to any of the emails I have sent him.

If anyone has this fool's phone number (or his parents) I'd like to get in touch with him. I'm moving out to Washington DC soon and intend to drop by his area for a visit.

Mario
Old 05-04-2004, 01:20 PM   #26
Bimmerxtc

My Ride: 325i/CLK430
Send a message via Yahoo to Bimmerxtc
The guy also scammed me. I hope you do stop by and visit him Mario.
Bimmerxtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004, 10:49 PM   #27
Dr Jekyll
Alpine White

My Ride: '04 Alpine White M3
Send a message via AIM to Dr Jekyll
What a punk!! He should be banned from this forum.
Old 05-25-2004, 03:07 AM   #28
yafool

My Ride: ASA power
Send a message via AIM to yafool
McColloch kits for sale!

Sorry you guys all got scammed by that ahole.... I have a hookup for these kits. Any color temp and bulb type. The full McCulloch kit. 350 each. Let me know! send e-mail to yafool@ucla.edu. i can take paypal, local pickup or money order. However you want to do it so you feel safe
yafool is offline   Reply With Quote