E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld

Motorsports & Track Forum by BimmerWorld
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports – this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast
Sponsored by BimmerWorld

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-23-2004, 08:10 PM   #1
Spiral Prophet
Über-Geek

My Ride: '01 Topaz Blue 330ci
Send a message via AIM to Spiral  Prophet
anyone else going to nationals in DC?

Just wondering if anyone else here was going to the scca national tour event down in dc at fedex field...

if so we should meet up.

~T|/\/\
Spiral  Prophet is online now   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-24-2004, 10:16 AM   #2
mfino
I give up.........

My Ride: 00 323i SP-P blk/blk
Hey Tim....I know a couple of guys going down. (Rob, silver miata, he ran yesterday at NYBMWCCA) and I think some others from CT. I'll reply or get them in touch with you...

Anyhow, it was nice meeting you at the rookie school. We had some great instructors, and aside from the early mishap, the day was a perfect day. I on the other hand had to leave early with the control arm problems. But Hopefully I can get them fixed, because I would love to come down again. If you know anyone that took pictures, can you pm me? I would like to do a write up for the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral Prophet
Just wondering if anyone else here was going to the scca national tour event down in dc at fedex field...

if so we should meet up.

~T|/\/\

ECIS Intake | Shark Injector | Scorpion Exhaust | PG2 style rims, YOKOHAMA AVS ES100 235/40/18 | M3 Lip Spoiler | OEM Clears | Hamann Eyelids | M-Technik Front | M-Technik Sides | M-Aero Rear | 50% Tint | M3 Dead Pedal | MOMO Aluminum Pedals | UUC Gauges |Titanium Shadow Painted Trim
mfino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2004, 08:12 PM   #3
Spiral Prophet
Über-Geek

I don't know of anyone taking pictures.. but i'll ask around.. I'm sorry to hear about the controll arm problems.. I replied to your post about them.. i think i might be having the same problem.. but i'm not sure.. it might just be controll arm bushings.. I was gonna replace them with those poly urathane bushings.. but now i saw a post about them ripping up so now i dunno what i'm gonna do.. but everything should still be fine for nationals.. the car handled really well on sunday at the event.. but with bmw classing i was up against some really fast cars..

~T|/\/\

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfino
Hey Tim....I know a couple of guys going down. (Rob, silver miata, he ran yesterday at NYBMWCCA) and I think some others from CT. I'll reply or get them in touch with you...

Anyhow, it was nice meeting you at the rookie school. We had some great instructors, and aside from the early mishap, the day was a perfect day. I on the other hand had to leave early with the control arm problems. But Hopefully I can get them fixed, because I would love to come down again. If you know anyone that took pictures, can you pm me? I would like to do a write up for the day.
Old 05-25-2004, 06:07 AM   #4
mfino
I give up.........

My Ride: 00 323i SP-P blk/blk
Good Luck down in DC. I'll try to follow up and see how you do. I'm really interested in going one year, more as a spectator, but regardless.

I also saw the Poly bushings problem, so I'll probably hold off on those for now, and just get OEM until they release a second version. I just need to get the car back on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral Prophet
I don't know of anyone taking pictures.. but i'll ask around.. I'm sorry to hear about the controll arm problems.. I replied to your post about them.. i think i might be having the same problem.. but i'm not sure.. it might just be controll arm bushings.. I was gonna replace them with those poly urathane bushings.. but now i saw a post about them ripping up so now i dunno what i'm gonna do.. but everything should still be fine for nationals.. the car handled really well on sunday at the event.. but with bmw classing i was up against some really fast cars..

~T|/\/\

ECIS Intake | Shark Injector | Scorpion Exhaust | PG2 style rims, YOKOHAMA AVS ES100 235/40/18 | M3 Lip Spoiler | OEM Clears | Hamann Eyelids | M-Technik Front | M-Technik Sides | M-Aero Rear | 50% Tint | M3 Dead Pedal | MOMO Aluminum Pedals | UUC Gauges |Titanium Shadow Painted Trim
mfino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 12:52 PM   #5
NoSoup4U

My Ride: Beater
I'll be there .. come by and say hi ... look for Team Bar and their tent .. hehe. I am going on street tires. I have no aspirations other than NOT finishing last. This is like my 5th auto-x event. I'm just trying to get seat time and I think it will be fun.

I have a phoenix yellow with hawai'i plates ... hard to miss me!
NoSoup4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2004, 01:52 PM   #6
Spiral Prophet
Über-Geek

Excellent... Yeah I'll definetly stop by and say whats up.. i'll mainly be hanging with the rest of the folks from NYR SCCA but definetly gonna be walking around..

Hard to miss my car also.. topaz 330ci with life sux on the license plate.. LOL

~T|/\/\

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSoup4U
I'll be there .. come by and say hi ... look for Team Bar and their tent .. hehe. I am going on street tires. I have no aspirations other than NOT finishing last. This is like my 5th auto-x event. I'm just trying to get seat time and I think it will be fun.

I have a phoenix yellow with hawai'i plates ... hard to miss me!