E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Tuning & Tech > Motorsports & Track Forum

Motorsports & Track Forum
From Auto-X to Trackday to Racing and Professional Motorsports this is the place to discuss making BMWs fast

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-31-2004, 06:29 PM   #1
malakia12

My Ride: 05 Xterra, 05 Sentra
Send a message via AIM to malakia12
Targa Newfoundland Rally

has anyone here ever done this, it looks like a blast. I am definitely going to this one of these years. I think it would be awesome, definitely looking forward to something like this. just wanted to share
here is the website
http://www.targanewfoundland.com/

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:47 PM   #2
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
Targa Newfoundland is a long term goal of mine. As far as I understand it, if your car meets basic safety requirements, they will let almost anyone drive whihc results in a few cars wadded up every year. If you are serious about trying it, get a sh!tload of track experience under your belt then go for it.

Ed

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 06:56 PM   #3
malakia12

i definitely agree with you, I would not do it now, but definitely down the road. i would also probably run in the touring class, not targa, because I don't think i will ever put a full roll cage in the car, just a roll bar for the rear.
Old 05-31-2004, 07:10 PM   #4
teamdfl
Slow in, slower out

My Ride: 325it
Quote:
Originally Posted by malakia12
i definitely agree with you, I would not do it now, but definitely down the road. i would also probably run in the touring class, not targa, because I don't think i will ever put a full roll cage in the car, just a roll bar for the rear.
If you do enough track days and feel the bite of the track bug, you may want to consider building a dedicated track car. An E30 325i is reliable enough to drive daily yet with the right suspension, can keep up with almost anything at the shorter tracks. Throw in a 6 point cage and you have the perfect Targa car. Keep the car street legal and you can drive it up to Canada for the Targa next year.

teamdfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2004, 07:18 PM   #5
malakia12

you are definitely right about an E30, the funny thing is, I am trying to build this car as my track car because I already have a daily driver. I figure I am going to keep this car for a long time, so might as well make this into my track car. I do want to keep this street legal(although i doubt it is since i do not have any cats), but I mainly want it as a track car. i just want to be able to drive on the street once in a while. my future plans for this car are a few more performance mods, and then strip the rear and put like a 4 point roll bar in the rear. I already have the race seats/harnesses inside, suspension is basically done, with the exception of some urethane bushings and camber plates. so i am getting pretty close to where i want the car to be.