E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Complete Cars

Complete Cars
List your BMW or other cars, trucks or vehicles for sale.

Don't forget to search for deals on craigslist and eBay Motors

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-14-2004, 04:05 AM   #1
funkeycold
Top Marketing Student

My Ride: Silver 2001 330i
Send a message via AIM to funkeycold Send a message via Yahoo to funkeycold
2001 330i in Tacoma/Seattle. Either I sell or I trade in!

Like the title says, we am either going to sell this car privately or its going to be traded in.

My family no longer needs this car. Sometime soon I am going to be buying a motorcycle, and my mom is going to buy a small, cheap, good-on-gas car for herself, leaving us with an extra car which we want to sell, or else it gets traded towards the new car.

So if somebody wants to check out the car, please let me know. I figure that it wouldn't hurt to post it here one more time.

Here are a few details:

2001 330i
60,400 miles
Titanium Silver exterior, black leather interior
Sports and Premium packages, no cold weather package
Tires have lots of tread left (only about 15-20k miles on them)

Bonuses:
Swaybars, front and rear (still have originals)
Clear turn signals (still have originals)
Just had the 60k service performed (Inspection II)

As far as condition, there are two TINY dings in the front bumper which measure an inch or less. If you look in the pictures you may not even be able to see them because they are so small. The rest of the car is absolutely beautiful.

About 6-8 months ago, I traded my aftermarket wheels/tires for a brand NEW set of stock M68 wheels/tires which came off a new 2003 330i. So in essence, the tires and rims are less than a year old .

My asking price is $25,000, which is the private party value given by Edmunds.com. However, because I know I'm going to get raped by trading in, I'm willing to negotiate on the price and consider whatever you are willing to offer. (I really don't have a choice...I lose money either way and even more if I trade in. )

For pictures of the car, please visit www.freewebs.com/funkeycold

Please PM me or contact me at funkeycold@hotmail.com for more information.

2001 330i, Titanium Silver
-- Clear turn signals
-- UUC SwayBarbarians, front/rear
funkeycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 06-14-2004, 03:20 PM   #2
Ervin87

My Ride: E92 M3 | S4 | E30
Send a message via AIM to Ervin87
Do you mind me asking how much you are going to get for trading in ?????
Ervin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2004, 06:03 PM   #3
funkeycold
Top Marketing Student

I don't mind, but I can't give you a solid figure.

As you probably know, each individual dealer will end up giving you a different price and who knows what it could be. Sometimes dealers will inflate your trade in, but then tack on more to the other car's price.

If I had to guess, I would expect about $22k-23k. If the dealer REALLY wants the car, they might give a little more. If they don't really want it, they will probably value it less. The problem around here is that the local BMW dealer has about 15 3-series' in its used car lot and they don't really want another one. Most non-BMW dealers will simply take the car to BMW and ask them to take the car. Some dealers will put out bids to get a better trade-in price, but its hard to say what they will offer.

Suffice to say, trading in will always be a few thousand less than selling private party.

Hope that helps!
Old 06-17-2004, 06:57 PM   #4
funkeycold
Top Marketing Student

Here is the Edmunds.com report. Looks like the value went up a little from the last time I checked.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	edmunds.JPG
Views:	141
Size:	62.7 KB
ID:	81806  

Last edited by funkeycold; 06-17-2004 at 07:00 PM.