E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > Classifieds > For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy > Engine & Performance

Engine & Performance
Everything to make your car faster! Air intakes, superchargers, turbos, flywheel & clutch, differentials, chips, short shift kits, exhausts, etc.....

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2016, 03:35 AM   #1
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 328Ci
FS: Rebuilt VANOS (Any E46 or E39 I6) non M

It's time for you to refresh your VANOS system! Unfortunately for the Inline 6's in BMW's, the VANOS system has a number of flaws that can rob power, decrease fuel economy, can cause strange noises and can cause cold idle issues.

If your car didn't come with any indication of VANOS maintenance or you haven't done the job yourself, then your BMW is due for this service! As Beisan Systems indicated, the dual VANOS system in the M52TU's and M54's are shown to "significantly fail in 20k miles" due to seals that were never designed to withstand the environment they were put in.

To rectify this we replace the seals with Beisan System Teflon seals and bearings to eliminate these issues. My kit comes with a full VANOS assembly to insure easy install! We will include install instructions with the kit. All you do is take out your old VANOS and swap in the new one! Virtually no down.

New VANOS oil seals - $280
Complete VANOS rebuild (seals + bearings) - $350

$20 shipping for either option. Both come with a 90 day warranty on the rebuilt VANOS unit.

If you mail back your old tired unit, we will send you $100 back for the core, you pay return shipping.

Please PM for further details or to place an order.

Last edited by YoitsTmac; 01-20-2017 at 05:43 PM.
YoitsTmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Ads by Google

Guests, get your FREE E46Fanatics.com membership to remove this ad.
Old 01-08-2017, 03:34 PM   #2
evanr614

My Ride: 2000 328Ci
are you aware of dr vanos?

http://www.drvanos.com/index.php/dual-vanos

Atlantis Blue 328Ci Project Thread
http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthr...523&highlight=
evanr614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:17 PM   #3
YoitsTmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by evanr614 View Post
Yes. We are $50 cheaper if you choose to return your old unit
Old 01-09-2017, 08:48 PM   #4
erickrayos

My Ride: 2004 BMW M3
where in CA are you? When I get back to SD I probably will have it done alongside the valve timing adjustment on my M3, how much is the rebuilt if I can bring the car to you?
Old 01-09-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
YoitsTmac

We're in the north SF Bay Area. We could install it for you, but you'd have to supply the valve cover gasket and the VANOS gasket (just so you have brands you like). Before I give you an install price, you do understand this is for a non-M, correct? Wasn't sure if you had a second non-m
Old 01-19-2017, 08:49 AM   #6
Quadcammer

My Ride: 2000 328i
whose we?

Don't you mean you? Weren't you scared to do your vanos seals? Now its a business?
Old 01-19-2017, 12:47 PM   #7
orb
OEM ///Member

My Ride: 325Ci
That's expensive honestly, not sure replacing some seals while the customer still has to remove the unit is worth $250 after the core charge. GL though.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:53 PM   #8
YoitsTmac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadcammer View Post
whose we?

Don't you mean you? Weren't you scared to do your vanos seals? Now its a business?
If you go back to that the thread, I stated my biggest issue was removing the fan without the correct tool. I have since gotten the tool. It also helps that I've now done the job a few times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orb View Post
That's expensive honestly, not sure replacing some seals while the customer still has to remove the unit is worth $250 after the core charge. GL though.
I'm not sure what wouldn't be expensive to you then. Dr. Vanos is still more. It's not for everyone, especially in a community of DIY-ers. However, there are people that don't want to mess with an impact, and that's completely fair. There are others that just don't want to dig into VANOS in fear of ruining it, and this is for those people.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:18 PM   #9
Quadcammer

My Ride: 2000 328i
so your qualification is that you've done it a few times?

good luck.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:20 PM   #10
KendrickC

My Ride: '03 325i
The rattling is almost a non-issue in most cars, that most people ignore the rattle kit. I received a rattle kit as part of a bunch of other parts I've purchased, and I've tried to sell it for almost nothing, but nobody wants it at all.

If you really want to make money, offer it for $100 less than Dr. Vanos, and more people will likely bite.

'03 325 Estoril Blue with some love from:
Turner, ECS, Remus, BMW Performance, G.A.S.,
Beisan, Umnitza, TRS, and more!
KendrickC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 05:42 PM   #11
YoitsTmac

VANOS is an extremely important characteristic of not only E46's, but also other BMW's. For many DIYers, like most of those who have posted here, this is a simple job. As E46's have dropped in price, many of you have noticed that these cars are now in the hands of people of all ages, income brackets and mechanical competency. We have new members coming to the forums everyday, some are either not fully equipped or are not comfortable doing the full rebuild themselves. This kit is for those members, or anyone that would prefer to have a freshly rebuilt VANOS for a faster swap and less downtime. For those who need or would like the service, we offer it at a price that we hope isn't cost prohibitive.

Many of you that have responded to this thread have supported me since I joined the forums. While I have previously asked many questions, I have also worked directly with several individuals from the BMW community to gain lots of mechanical experience, effectively everything but engine and transmission out of the car. While wrenching one day, an enthusiast and I got to talking and decided to team up to provide this service to those who may benefit from it and fund other BMW projects we hope to share with the community.

Many of you have watched me grow from the guy asking questions to someone who has been able to help others. Although I appreciate the feedback on the price and your concerns of my abilities, I am trying to offer a service to the dual vanos I6 BMW community a bit cheaper than competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendrickC View Post
The rattling is almost a non-issue in most cars, that most people ignore the rattle kit.
While this is true, I felt that doing the entire kit would guarantee that you would not need to open it back up again in the future. The seals go long before the bearings initially, but then sometimes the bearings don't last the life of the new seals. Having to do it twice can suck, but we will now be offering the kit for $70 less without the bearings, thanks for the suggestion

Last edited by YoitsTmac; 01-20-2017 at 05:43 PM.
YoitsTmac is online now   Reply With Quote