E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Welcome to the E46Fanatics forums. E46Fanatics is the premiere website for BMW 3 series owners around the world with interactive forums, a geographical enthusiast directory, photo galleries, and technical information for BMW enthusiasts.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 06-25-2004, 06:11 PM   #101
Blue

My Ride: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigallen
It was fraud. Nany nany boo boo stick your head in doo doo.
I realize that this site is mainly populated by young adults, but this is ridiculous
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:17 PM   #102
bender73
AREA 51

My Ride: VW Touareg
Send a message via AIM to bender73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue
I realize that this site is mainly populated by young adults, but this is ridiculous

this thread is still going on? yikes!!!

THERE WAS NO FRAUD

YOU HAVE NO CASE

GO TO THE DEALER AND NICELY ADVISE THEM IN AN ADULT MANNER THAT YOU ARE UPSET AND ACCEPT THEIR LIKELY COURSE OF ACTION TO HAVE THE BUMPER PAINTED

i do indeed feel sorry for ya and i'd be ticked off but put things into perspective here...its gonna look brand new more than likely after its painted and its not like you have to pay a $500 to $1000 deductable after getting your car keyed or something.

after this just do not go to that dealer again!!!
bender73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:19 PM   #103
slow323ci
E46-free since 10-13-06

My Ride: 335i coupe
Quote:
Still waiting.
You are the ULTIMATE dumb fvcker. You should just kill yourself.

Quote:
Nany nany boo boo stick your head in doo doo
And that proves it beyond a doubt.
slow323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:20 PM   #104
bender73
AREA 51

damn slow323ci

i haven't seen that side of you before!!!
Old 06-25-2004, 06:22 PM   #105
bimmerguy2006

My Ride: 02 325ci & 73 3.0CSi
Send a message via AIM to bimmerguy2006
Quote:
It wasn't fraud, wasn't illegal, hell....it wasn't even unfair. And yes, you are whining. Whining like a biatch in heat. The GM showed some bad customer service with joe and maybe the GM wasn't playing fair, but then again we don't really know how that all played out, do we?

Way back when, I purchased a new 1990 Ford Probe. It had light but very noticeable scratches all over the hood, roof, and rear deck from the transporter truck's tie-down chains. When I asked the dealer what was up, he said, "Not a big deal, happens all the time, we'll get it buffed out for you." I told him not to worry about it - I buffed them out myself in return for a manual sunroof installed at dealer's cost. Now, instead of working with the dealer to my advantage, maybe I should have started pissing & moaning about fraud and whipped out my dicitonary. But that probably would have gotten me a big "SHUT THE FUKC UP YOU MORON" from the dealer, which, incidentally, is what the majority of people on this thread are saying to you.
A few light scuffs that can be buffed out at home is just a tad different than having to have something on the car repainted. Your arguement suggests comparing apples and oranges.

Words to live by: I trust everyone, I just dont trust the devil inside them.
Interested in showing your car? Talk to me.
PSI Motoring
bimmerguy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:27 PM   #106
bender73
AREA 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerguy2006
A few light scuffs that can be buffed out at home is just a tad different than having to have something on the car repainted. Your arguement suggests comparing apples and oranges.
since this thread is just out of control imo are we suggesting that he get a new car or a 4 million dollar settlement? what EXACTLY does he deserve? i'd say he deserves a new paint job on the dealer's tab and maybe a free CD changer or an alarm for his trouble...and they don't even owe him a free gift cause what happened was not illegal, fraud, abuse, etc.!!!

again, i TOTALLY feel for him and i'd be upset but put things into perspective please.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:33 PM   #107
Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender73
since this thread is just out of control imo are we suggesting that he get a new car or a 4 million dollar settlement? what EXACTLY does he deserve? i'd say he deserves a new paint job on the dealer's tab and maybe a free CD changer or an alarm for his trouble...and they don't even owe him a free gift cause what happened was not illegal, fraud, abuse, etc.!!!

again, i TOTALLY feel for him and i'd be upset but put things into perspective please.
I think he should get his bumper repainted flawlessly.....

.....and a blow job from craigallen
Old 06-25-2004, 06:36 PM   #108
bender73
AREA 51

Old 06-25-2004, 06:36 PM   #109
bimmerguy2006

My Ride: 02 325ci & 73 3.0CSi
Send a message via AIM to bimmerguy2006
I think its up to the owner, either have the bumper repainted or have the dealer buy the car back for its original price because of the inconvience it has caused the owner. I know if i ever found out my car was delivered to me not as described (a NEW car is a car that has had NO work done to it), i would be pissed and ask for a whole lot more, like money back.

Words to live by: I trust everyone, I just dont trust the devil inside them.
Interested in showing your car? Talk to me.
PSI Motoring
bimmerguy2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:36 PM   #110
slow323ci
E46-free since 10-13-06

My Ride: 335i coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bender73
damn slow323ci

i haven't seen that side of you before!!!
I haven't needed to show that side before
slow323ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:37 PM   #111
iczer34

My Ride: ***** Dourves
Quote:
sweet M3 cab

that pic is awesome....it just looks all quiet & peaceful sitting there, yet mean as hell at the same time.
Thanks She has a nickname too.... "DA B3AST", gonna make that my new license plate when my tags expire.

But anywho, my eyes still hurts from reading this thread. Didn't know I signed up for FRAUD 101.

09 Alpine White E90 M3 Euro Delivery (June 09)
MODS: 20" BBS LMs | Eibach Pro Kit Springs | JL VRS Lip | Vorsteiner Diffuser | Karbonwerke Trunk | Blackout Grills | Painted Reflectors | Remus Sport Exhaust
iczer34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 06:48 PM   #112
Blue

you have a full-size version of that pic?
Old 06-26-2004, 09:19 PM   #113
craigallen

My Ride: 02M3 CAB
Quote:
Yeah, I thought I should just come down to the level of maturity and intelligence that is sometimes showcased on this forum.
craigallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 12:46 PM   #114
Hattori Hanzo

My Ride: Purchasing BMW 330CI
Shelly

Sorry to hear that. I was looking at a Black/Black 330cic at Shelly May 29th. I am glad I did not purchase from those slimeballs.
Hattori Hanzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 01:35 AM   #115
joedaddy

My Ride: OCTA
A little update guys...
I dropped off the car again at Crevier today and this time a REAL BMW advisor assisted me...Name was Jason...I told him the problems and also mentioned the paint...since the Field Rep was here today, he and the service manager felt bad for me and went ahead to "OK" the repaint...Sad thing is that I have to leave my car there for 3 days...so I'll leave it next week...well..no loaner for me...cuz I bought it from Shelly...

My next BMW will DEFINITELY will be bought from Crevier...
joedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 03:24 AM   #116
guest1008
Banned User

My Ride: 08 Lexus ES350
No more Shelly for me. I know M3Inline6 has had good experiences with em, but I haven't. Long Beach would be considered but they don't give loaners either so I might as well go to a good dealer that does.
guest1008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 08:57 AM   #117
Technic

My Ride: '12 M3 & '10 CC
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedaddy
A little update guys...
I dropped off the car again at Crevier today and this time a REAL BMW advisor assisted me...Name was Jason...I told him the problems and also mentioned the paint...since the Field Rep was here today, he and the service manager felt bad for me and went ahead to "OK" the repaint...Sad thing is that I have to leave my car there for 3 days...so I'll leave it next week...well..no loaner for me...cuz I bought it from Shelly...

My next BMW will DEFINITELY will be bought from Crevier...
Glad that you solved your bumper/repaint/fraud/no warranty/BBB/lawsuit/upset/compensation/depreciating asset/mumbo jumbo problem to your satisfaction.

IMO, what this post proved was that dealers -or any business company- are going to go all over you if, as customers, we continue to be ignorant of our rights and specially of how bussiness is really conducted in real life. After reading (and laughing) 6 pages, probably three to four people gave the correct solution to this problem. The rest virtually demanded the "destruction of all enemy forces in the vicinity of the Dealer area".

Sure I would be upset in a situation like this; hell, right now I am in the process of having the front bumper of my brand new, less than a month, M3 replaced because it seems that when the trucking company downloaded the car from the truck they damaged the internal brackets of the bumper, making it look crooked against the body. I found this the same night that I bought the car, in addition of several bird dropings stains in the paint that I could not buff them out and one rim that was scratched.

Going all upset, or worse, ignorant of what the dealership obligation to the damage is was not going to do anything for me and to the solution to these problems. So I went to the dealership the next day and informed them of these deficiencies in a clear and reasonable way. They checked them out, apologized and went to work on the issues. The bumper has to be ordered and painted, thus the waiting time. The rim will be repaired at the same time as the bumper because the scratch is no more than half and inch and I do not want to go several times to the body shop and the bird dropings were wet sanded to perfection. No arguments, no yelling, no angryness, no confusion... as long as they keep their end of the deal I am cool with my end.

My advice to all is to learn how the game is played, before and after the purchase of anything. Get your facts together before arguing your position if problems arise after the purchase... and please, stay away from jailhouse lawyers for advice.
Technic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:09 AM   #118
Alan

My Ride: 2006 M3
No fraud at all - period. People may not like this and it may seem "unfair" - but there was no fraud based upon the facts presented by the original poster.
Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 09:56 AM   #119
s420merc

My Ride: 2004 330ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by elowe
What I would do is go to the dealer you bought the car from, and ask nicely to see the paperwork on that car that details the damage. I would make it sound like you were concerned that there was anything more than just a scratched bumper. Maybe you are concerned that the damage was caused by a collision at the dock or in transport, so you want to verify that the damage is only minor in nature. Ask for full disclosure of damage for your own piece of mind, and get copies of everything, including where the repaint was done. Try not to assign fault to anyone while talking to them, because it's too late for that already. You just want to get it fixed and for them to cooperate, and accusing them is not going to help.

Then go to BMWNA, and talk to them about covering this under warranty at another dealer. If they accuse you of trying to cover up your own damage, then fax them copies of the paperwork you got from the dealer proving that the dealership knew of the damages before you ever got the car. Take pictures of the flaking paint as well and send those in if you can. If the GM admits in paper that there was some prior damage, and the car had been previously repaired by the dealer outside of the normal BMW facilities, then BMW should try to help you out.
This is the best advice i saw i was in a simular situation with my ACURA Legend Coupe.
MY front bumper did not exactly match my rear. So i went to dealer and said that i would like full info on the repaint in order to make sure there was no damage past the bumper "such as frame damage". You have to then get all this in writing as i did.
This is what i did after the paperwork. I called Acura of NA and informed them of the problem. Since the car had 1500 miles on it i told them that i was not satisfied with the dealer just respraying the bumper.
" Once a bumper is repainted it tends to spider web or crack. You can never get the right amount of flex out of the paint as in factory. The Only way to make sure that the Bumper will not peel of crack after the respray is to Strip it down to bare and go to a really good shop that will use the right amount of Flex agent and all that stuff. And that does not cost under $500. A proper stip down and repaint of a bumper by a high quality shop should cost in the area of about $1400.00"
This is what i did after getting the paper work i contacted Acura USA and told them that i was not satisfied with the Dealer Body shop. I was told to go to an indipendent shop and get an estimate and that Acura USA would make the dealer cover the repair and warranty the paint as long as the paint Corrosion Warranty from the Factory. I went to a shop that specializes in Restorations and Ferrari and Exotic car paint jobs. They stiped the bumper down to bare using blast media then did a 4 part respray. First 2 coats of Primer and then THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF FLEX Agent in the Paint "very immportant" and then the clear coat. It ended up costing the Dealer $1729.00
I also had them check for damage past the bumper. SO this is the best resolution you could hope for. ALSO MAKE sure they pull the bumper of the car when they paint it and that the car is not parked in the Paint Shop so you dont get any overspray contaminants on your new Car.
Good luck.

2004 330 CI Step, Titanium Silver, Xenons, Black Leather.
s420merc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2004, 10:01 AM   #120
joedaddy

My Ride: OCTA
^^^hmmm...so I should just drop off my bumper instead of the whole car right?