2003 325i Touring - Looking to buy a hatch - E46Fanatics E46 BMW Social Directory E46 FAQ 3-Series Discussion Forums BMW Photo Gallery BMW 3-Series Technical Information E46 Fanatics - The Ultimate BMW Resource BMW Vendors General E46 Forum The Tire Rack's Tire Wheel Forum Forced Induction Forum The Off-Topic The E46 BMW Showroom For Sale, For Trade or Wanting to Buy

Go Back   E46Fanatics > E46 BMW > General E46 Forum

General E46 Forum
This is the place to get answers, opinions and everything you need related to your E46 (sedan, coupe, convertible and wagon) BMW!

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-05-2017, 08:20 PM   #1
E46 Wagon Fanatic

My Ride: '03 BMW 325i Touring
2003 325i Touring - Looking to buy a hatch

Hi, I am new to this forum.

I just purchased a 2003 325i Touring. I have fallen in love with the car and it is my goal to take it from good condition to excellent. There are many things I would like to fix/replace/restore on the car. One of those items is the rear hatch.

The first or second owner (I am the fourth) was in a wreck and had to replace the hatch. The hatch was replaced with that of an XI model of the same paint color. That's fine but the fit is off by a bit and the "Xi" portion of the model badge tore off leaving glue/paint damage. Is there a place that I can buy something like this?

I apologize if this is a stupid question - I am very new to the world of BMW.

Thanks!
E46 Wagon Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:58 PM   #2
YoitsTmac

My Ride: 328Ci
I replaced my door. There is some tolerance in the panels (I assume in the trunk as well). The glue most likely hasn't damaged the paint. I would go to a body shop and ask them how much to have it properly centered. Probably best to have someone with proper body aligning tools to handle that one. The logo I'm sure you could handle yourself. I'd be hard pressed to believe the paint is damaged by the glue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-07-2017, 09:55 PM   #3
E46 Wagon Fanatic

My Ride: '03 BMW 325i Touring
Thanks! I didn't know if there was enough tolerance to allow for it. I'll look into the glue issue. Restoring headlights this week so I might as well try and do that too.
E46 Wagon Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
325i 2003, doors, hatch, touring, wagon